Getaway Questions: Ask 'Em Here!

Sorry if this has been asked before but search function still out...

Does anyone know if Quest will be on Getaway? Supposedly it was not on Breakaway but on our sailing there it was, albeit after midnight...

Quest? Like the game that's played on RC?

I read where some of the activities for Children on the Getaway are at 5:30 which is right at dinner time. I wonder if they will stay at that time. We usually eat dinner at that time so the kids can go to kids club at 7. If we wait and eat at 6:30 then the kids will get to kids club after their evening activities start. I hope they change the 5:30 activities to 3:30 or 4:30 so they don't run into dinnertime.

Hi Ashley/other cruisers. Any comments on the Teen area for older teens? We are cruising with two girls ages 14 and 17. What is there for them to do during the day/night in this area (they probably don't want to hang with us all day). Also, how much does NCL charge for a beer or mixed drink? Do the pub crawls include a beer/drink at each stop, or do you pay for what you drink on these crawls? Can we take a case of water on board with us? Thanks!

Hi Ashley/other cruisers. Any comments on the Teen area for older teens? We are cruising with two girls ages 14 and 17. What is there for them to do during the day/night in this area (they probably don't want to hang with us all day). Also, how much does NCL charge for a beer or mixed drink? Do the pub crawls include a beer/drink at each stop, or do you pay for what you drink on these crawls? Can we take a case of water on board with us? Thanks!

I did not have teens, but cabin next door did and those kids were busy and happy - ck the NCL website for teen ideas. Drinks were $7 and change. Recommend the drink package - $394 for entire trip. They also have a soda package for teens - you'd be amazed at how quickly drinks and soda add up......... Did not do the pub crawls. I am fairly certain you cannot take h20 on board - but there are places to get h20 frequently for free - garden cafe, pool areas etc.

ship was great!

*I just posted this on fb also, so I apologize if you are on the NCL board and saw it*

It seems the Getaway only offers the Nickelodeon Pajama Breakfast 1 time- according to a set of dailies I just saw from last week. My kids are dying to go. It starts at 8am... the same day/time we get off the ship at St Maarten AND we have an excursion leaving at 9. Is this the same on all the sailings? It seems like awful planning for those of us with young kids.

would you mind providing the link to the copies of the freestyle daily papers? I would love to check them out before we go!

Thx

You can absolutely take cases of water on board, or any non-alcoholic beverage (pop, sports drinks, etc.). Easier just to take a water bottle and fill it from the ship's water supply though.

Thx for the freestyle daily link...

And...for those of you who have sailed on the Getwaway. What time did they let you on the ship? We are getting to Port of Miami at 10:30, will that be too early? We want to be the first ones on! :)

:)

We got to the POM around 11:30 and were in group #4. 10:30 should be fine.

Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App

I read some place that Getaway has a hot dog wagon that goes to different locations on the ship. The hot dogs are special and very good.

Could not find where I read this.

Is this correct.

The hot dog wagons are certainly on the Breakaway. I don't know about the Getaway though.

Is it possible that you read it about the Breakaway rather than the Getaway?

I read some place that Getaway has a hot dog wagon that goes to different locations on the ship. The hot dogs are special and very good.

Could not find where I read this.

Is this correct.

No hot dog carts to be found last week. Pretty sure they're on the Breakaway and not the Getaway.

Laundry - has anyone had their laundry done on the ship or have seen the pricing? Do they have self serve laundry if you wanted to doña load and bring less clothes? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No self serve laundry. Sometime during the cruise they offer $25 "fill this bag" laundry deal. Someone posted an individual price list but Im not sure where its at.

Laundry - has anyone had their laundry done on the ship or have seen the pricing? Do they have self serve laundry if you wanted to doña load and bring less clothes? Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

No self service laundry. Sorry, I don't have pricing.