Question about GS Cabin Stewart additional tips

It really does depend on the service you receive. I have been in a GS twice. The first time, we tipped approximately $100 extra over the week - he deserved as much as we could give as he was unbelievably good to my mum and I. The second time I didn't tip anything extra. I was unimpressed by the service received and honestly, I didn't feel the service warranted anything above what he was already receiving from my pre-paid gratuities.

See how you feel when you are there. Have a brilliant cruise!

Jo :)

Thanks Jo, much appreciation. We had a JS and just for a little more wanted to try a GS-chance in a "lifetime." It will be fun!

No problem. I am sure that you will have a fantastic time and make sure you make the most of the 'suite perks'... I bet once you have this cruise in a GS, you won't ever want to go back!

No problem. I am sure that you will have a fantastic time and make sure you make the most of the 'suite perks'... I bet once you have this cruise in a GS, you won't ever want to go back!

I agree. Now it's even worst for us because we just sailed on the OS and now hubby only wants to book Owner Suites now! LOL

Worry about what additional tip you might give AFTER you see how your service is! You are already paying more to the room attendant just because you're in a GS....

If your attendant does something really "above and beyond", tip what you feel that service was worth...but don't lose sight of how much you've already paid for tips!!

Worry about what additional tip you might give AFTER you see how your service is! You are already paying more to the room attendant just because you're in a GS....

If your attendant does something really "above and beyond", tip what you feel that service was worth...but don't lose sight of how much you've already paid for tips!!

Agreed. It's dependent on the steward.

The entire staff works tirelessly for tips. While a tip is included in everything you purchase an extra buck or two goes a long way if you love fabulous service. In some cases it elevated our basic service to amazing attention. If you enjoy the attention bring lots of ones.

For example if you wait a long time for a drink you can choose not to tip for slow service or you can tip a little extra and they will be asking you every ten minutes if you need a drink. We don't hesitate to tip the cabin steward throughout the cruise when we ask for something special ie. on day one we request a foam pad, and extra towels, sheets, hangers, cruise compass, wine glasses & ice daily. Steward accommodates us, no problem.

To enhance your experience on day one also make sure your remote control, toilet, air conditioning, ipad, hair dryer and lighting are all functioning properly.

Susan

We just got off the Liberty. Sailed in a GS. Our cabin Steward was good but wasn't the best we have had on RCCL

We did tip him extra, since he still did a great job

Defiantly spoiled by a GS

The GF checked pricing for a GS on our next cruise. Sticker shock.

Guess we go back to our regular cabin :o

We just got off the Liberty. Sailed in a GS. Our cabin Steward was good but wasn't the best we have had on RCCL

We did tip him extra, since he still did a great job

Defiantly spoiled by a GS

The GF checked pricing for a GS on our next cruise. Sticker shock.

Guess we go back to our regular cabin :o

What was your suite number? Could you tell me all about your GS experience? We are diamond as well and wondered if it was worth the extra expense?

Edited by cruisinmom1
needed to add more of a question

Ironically, the worst cabin steward we've had in a long time was the one we had for our GS on Freedom in October. I'm not an "up front" tipper; maybe he expected that so service was affected. He sometimes forgot to fill ice & didn't leave clean wine glasses. We often saw him just leaning on his cart in the hall reading a magazine. We'd never experienced that in 13yrs of cruising. They're usually working their butts off. No extra tip for him ;)