FCC for a B2B cruise

Tedirene

Hi All,

Sorry for rehashing the FCC thread but found too many of them:confused: We are thinking of doing two cruises back to back. The first cruise is 7 days and then staying on board the same ship, for a further 12 days being a total of 19 days.

We both have FCC letters. Can anyone tell me whether I can use the FCC letter to book both cruises and what OBC would we be entitled?

Ted

One FCC per person per cruise. If the cruises are also sold as one longer cruise, you can use an FCC each. If the B2B is booked as separate cruises, the FCC can only be used for one of them. The amount of OBC depends on the length of the cruise and cabin category.

Use one of the FCCs for each segment. Then you will only need to put down a $100 deposit for the 2nd person on each segment.

To avoid this problem in the future, purchase at least two FCCs each when you are next onboard.

Hi All,

Sorry for rehashing the FCC thread but found too many of them:confused: We are thinking of doing two cruises back to back. The first cruise is 7 days and then staying on board the same ship, for a further 12 days being a total of 19 days.

We both have FCC letters. Can anyone tell me whether I can use the FCC letter to book both cruises and what OBC would we be entitled?

Ted

We've booked a B2B and used 4 FCC letters ($400) The OBC's are allotted to each segment . It's a good idea to ask the pursur to carry over the shipboard account to the end of the second cruise. You would have been given some OBC from Princess when you purchased the FCC's. A TA and/or Princess should give you more. It depends on the cruise as to the amount.

Hi All,

Ted

We've booked a B2B and used 4 FCC letters ($400) The OBC's are allotted to each segment . It's a good idea to ask the pursur to carry over the shipboard account to the end of the second cruise. You would have been given some OBC from Princess when you purchased the FCC's. A TA and/or Princess should give you more. It depends on the cruise as to the amount.

You will only get the OBC if you use 1 FCC per person. For:

7 night: $50 per person per FCC for a balcony or higher

$25 per person per FCC for an inside or outside

12 night: $100 per person per FCC for a balcony or higher

$75 per person per FCC for an inside or outside

19 night: $150 per person per FCC for a balcony or higher

$125 per person per FCC for an inside or outside

Use one of the FCCs for each segment. Then you will only need to put down a $100 deposit for the 2nd person on each segment.

To avoid this problem in the future, purchase at least two FCCs each when you are next onboard.

^ ^ ^ Good advice here.

We have already escalated from buying two each, to buying three FCCs each.

It's like the slogan about potato chips...

~sent using Cruise Critic app~

Did a B2B last month, sold as two separate cruises.

We had the cruises linked. At the end of the first cruise, they transferred

our on board charges to the second cruise. Good thing they did as we had on board credits on the second cruise that wiped out any charges

and for the first time, nothing added to our credit card.

By the way, any left over on board credits are given back to you in cash.

Just need to go to the front desk for the refund. Nice that this policy has been put in place.

But in this case of a 7 and a 12 day cruise they will get the best OBC using them both on the 12 day cruise even though they will have to pay a higher deposit on the 7 day cruise.

As mentioned by others, we started with two each as we found out about it while we were doing a B2B. Then to three each and currently fur each. We just booked 3 B2B's and have one OBC left in the "bank". That got me thinking that if we booked something else right now before we do the 3 B2Bs we could be short FCCs so we will likely be buying more than 4 each on our next cruise in April. So far we haven't come up short.

Another thing that princess seems to have started lately is the Welcome Home program ( I think that is what they call it) where for 60 days after a cruise you can purchase FCC's for your next cruise so there is a way to buy more once you get home if you realize that you should have bought more.

FCC's are only $100 each and fully refundable. Check what interest your bank is paying on the money and the give it to Princess instead!

Terry