Would you take the Allegrissimo package again?

tbmrt

We added up our receipts when we got home and found we saved about $75 by pre-purchasing the Allegrissimo Classic package for our recent Divina cruise.

That being said though, we found ourselves drinking more than usual just to "take advantage of the all-inclusive package".

Probably better for us to buy vouchers instead on next MSC cruise.

Absolutel, have done several times and will do so again on my next one. The one I get is proced differently than Allegrissimo Classic in the US. I pay €23 per day and I save enough on water, coffees, juices, cocktails, Prosecco etc to buy the iccasional bottle of decent red to make up for the included reds being drinkable but not great.

Different strokes for different folks :)

I prebuy wine at the reduced rate - I am hardly a wine expert but I enjoy the merlot

I like the buy 10, get 12 coupons -

On Poesia 7 night they did honor them for the "Alchemy" drinks (I like the Dr Love haha) but on Divina they did not (I split a package with 2 other gals, 4 coupons each)...

they honor them for Pina Coladas, Bloody Mary, rum and coke but not the fancier drinks - so I used the 4 coupons and bought a dr love

I am happy with 2 cups regular coffee (very good on MSC) and drinks from buffet....bought some water in port and carried it on for the last 2 days haha

others were able to carry it on in Miami

I don't really want or need the extra calories - I manage to order gelato at least once in dining room (different included flavor each day lunch/dinner)...or maybe a scoop up at the pool

I too fear that I would go "buck wild" and crrrazy with all that stuff to drink LOL>> :) I don't want to slide down the bannister of the crystal staircase or go "St Tropez" topless in the hottub haha..

On my 7 night I will buy the drink coupons, the wine, and then a few Dr Love's as desired

3 bottles wine - $36....drink coupons ..about $79 or 80 ?

and 2 dr love with tip - about $16....so around $130 for the week >grin>

champagne at Captain's party and drinks at past guest

works for me

:D

Definitely

but it depends how much you pay for it. In the UK it cost me £20 pppd ( $33) for a European sailing. However if I bought the package for use on Divina it would cost $44 pppd.

When I used it on a 10 day cruise on Opera my savings were ~£150 (($250).

Did you allow for the 15% service charge when working out your savings,? that can make a large difference.

Assuming you were on a 7 night cruise and paid £44 pppd for two people your cost would have been

44 x 2 x 7 = $616; add on the $75 gives a total "spend" of $691

if you haven't included the 15% then the total "Spend" is $691 x 1.15 = $795

A TOTAL SAVING of $179; that (IMHO) is worth repeating

Pete

Edited by Skier52

For me too, yes, but even if you don't drink alcohol at all it is worth it: coffees, milkshakes, smoothies, water, icecreams, all the soft drinks etc. at any time in any place on ths ship. I describe it as 'freedom of the ship' - why else would you visit the vitamin bar? It also saves on the hassle of smuggling aboard.

For me too, yes, but even if you don't drink alcohol at all it is worth it: coffees, milkshakes, smoothies, water, icecreams, all the soft drinks etc. at any time in any place on ths ship. I describe it as 'freedom of the ship' - why else would you visit the vitamin bar? It also saves on the hassle of smuggling aboard.

On balance I would be more likely to jump overboard than visit a vitamin bar.

I appreciate that on a Repo the days may seem long, and thus needing punctuation, but the prospect of reaching the end of the cruise weighing 10 kilos more than when I started is not one which holds much allure. And I live in central London; I go on holiday to get away from 1,264 varieties of coffee, milkshakes, smoothies, waters, ice creams etc. etc. etc.

Incidentally, if you are on the Yacht Club do you still have to buy packages?

Drinks in the Top Sail Lounge are included (the Yacht Club private bar) - also a choice of 2 red, 2 white and 1 rose wines in Yacht Club dedicated dining room on Deck 15. The minibar in the cabin is also included. You have to pay for the drinks everywhere else on the ship.

Edited by Beamafar
to include the word "wines"

I was thinkingNout this two even though are in yacht club as I'm site my daughter will be wanting milkshakes ect and those are not in yahct club be correct?

Sent from my HTC Desire 500 using Tapatalk

Banana milkshakes were on the YC bar list when I was aboard

Also she'd have to drink an awful lot of milkshakes to justify having the AI package as everybody in the cabin has to have it.

Best option is to just pay for the ones she has if they are not on the YC list any more

Link to the YC bar list when i was aboard

https://skydrive.live.com/?cid=1cdc327c72a4c6d9#cid=1CDC327C72A4C6D9&id=1CDC327C72A4C6D9%211230&v=3

I really think YC people should do the math :)

Buying a drink package on TOP of the YC defeats the purpose IMHO

especially since, as noted, everyone in cabin must buy the package

if some special drink is wanted or needed it will be much more economical to buy that drink as desired and/or probably you will find suitable substitutes on the YC choices - they look wonderful

Some part of me would love to try YC it but I sail with a group and I am sure not many would go for this, only a few even take the all drinks packages

but it still looks really nice - lucky you :)

I have seen several people in YC now asking about "packages' and *(frugal me haha) one look tells me -NO NO NO = if you must buy a separate drink

It is fine to splurge but no need to waste

enjoy :)

I agree with you, sharecruises, about paying for extra packages when in the Yacht Club. I was in YC on Splendida in 2012 and I found that I stayed in Top Sail Lounge most of the time because of the all-inclusive in that area, only. In 2013 I did Splendida again but chose a balcony cabin with the premium allegrissimo package and found that to be much better value. The only thing I missed was the L'Olivio restaurant. I'll be on Splendida in 3 weeks time and am doing the same thing again - the price difference for YC isn't worth it IMHO

I agree with you, sharecruises, about paying for extra packages when in the Yacht Club. I was in YC on Splendida in 2012 and I found that I stayed in Top Sail Lounge most of the time because of the all-inclusive in that area, only. In 2013 I did Splendida again but chose a balcony cabin with the premium allegrissimo package and found that to be much better value. The only thing I missed was the L'Olivio restaurant. I'll be on Splendida in 3 weeks time and am doing the same thing again - the price difference for YC isn't worth it IMHO

IF you do the maths correctly it can work out cheaper to have a YC1 cabin over a balcony cabin ( B3 + allegrissimo.)

Here is an actual dummy booking in which you can see the prices (NB this is a 14 night cruise). In my example i've only used the basic alligrissimo package

the PREMIUM package would be an even bigger saving !!!

Premium Allegrosimo costs £38 ($62.70

So 14 nights = 14 x £38 = £532 ($877.8)

So for a B3 the total cost = £532 + £839 = 1371 ($2262)

And for the B1 and 2 cabins (£599 each)

Total cost = £1331 ($1866)

(This is a copy and paste of one of my posts from this thread http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1968036&page=2)

Here is a real example of a B3 cabin + Allegrissimo package costing more than a YC 1.

interestingly the B3 cabin is £839.20 ($1385) but that would need to add the allegrisimo package on to be comparable to a YC1

Allegrismo is £20 per day ($33)

So 14 x £20 = £280 ($462)

Total cost of B3 is £839.20 + £280 = £1119.20 ($1847)

So would you pay £999.20 ($1649) and get the drinks, butlers, priorities, exclusives etc. or, £1119.2 ($1847) for cabin + drinks and NO PERKS

£120 ($198) more for an awful lot less!!!!:mad::mad:

aaa.jpg

Pete

Edited by Skier52

If we do the same calculation as above for all the Balcony grade cabins

we can see it is cheaper to go YC over any balcony cabin with the Premium Allegrisimo

Premium Allegrosimo costs £38 ($62.70)

So 14 nights = 14 x £38 = £532 ($877.8)

So for a B3 the total cost = £532 + £839 = £1371 ($2262)

And for the B1 and B2 cabins (£599 each) Total cost = £1331 ($1866)

MASSIVE SAVINGS on all 3 cabin types :- B3 = £372 ($613) and on the B1 and B2 = £ 332 ( $548)

in fact the maths works out exactly the same for the inside cabins (which are the same cost as the B1 and B2 Balcony cabins)

So the YC club YC 1 cabin is the CHEAPEST on the ship for Premium ALL Inclusive

SO you may want to rethink your stated premise

a balcony cabin with the premium allegrissimo package and found that to be much better value..........................the price difference for YC isn't worth it IMHO

Pete

Edited by Skier52

My balcony cabin cost me €299. The premium allegrissimo package €294 making a total of €593 for the week. YC1 price is €1599!!!! Having experienced THE PERKS and the Butler service all I can say is it's not all it's cracked up to be. I boarded faster last year at Barcelona as an MSC club card holder with priority boarding than I did with the "Butler assisted" boarding the previous year.

My balcony cabin on Preziosa in May is €799 - YC1 €1349 - a difference of €550 and a saving of €256 after the premium allegrissimo package is taken into account. I won't be confined to one specific bar, I can avail of the minibar in my cabin, order from room service and enjoy the delightful gelatos and pastries from the Gelateria menu which is not included in Yacht Club.

My balcony cabin cost me €299. The premium allegrissimo package €294 making a total of €593 for the week. YC1 price is €1599!!!! Having experienced THE PERKS and the Butler service all I can say is it's not all it's cracked up to be. I boarded faster last year at Barcelona as an MSC club card holder with priority boarding than I did with the "Butler assisted" boarding the previous year.

My balcony cabin on Preziosa in May is €799 - YC1 €1349 - a difference of €550 and a saving of €256 after the premium allegrissimo package is taken into account. I won't be confined to one specific bar, I can avail of the minibar in my cabin, order from room service and enjoy the delightful gelatos and pastries from the Gelateria menu which is not included in Yacht Club.

You've got a cracking deal, but you are comparing your SEVEN night cruise with my FOURTEEN night cruise;

Your YC price for 7 nights is £333 (€400) more than my 14 nights . So the divina cruise is a brilliant deal for YC.

But as my example shows it is possible to be better off in the YC than the rest of the ship. Maybe it is influenced by the USA market as the example is for cruise on Divina

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I would agree with you, Pete, that, taking your examples, there can be savings to be made. It really does depend on the special deals MSC offer on different sailings and times of the year. At the moment, they're offering great deals on the Yacht Club for this summer. For those who wish to experience it the price is worth it.

Id have to agree once I remixed that everyone in the cabin had to take part in the package if we got it. Also after actually seeing how exstensive the drinks list in the yahct club were as well. But also don't forget that some of us also like the yahct exsperiwnce over just saving money on drinks. It being a great value for us drinkers is a bonus.

Sent from my HTC Desire 500 using Tapatalk

On balance I would be more likely to jump overboard than visit a vitamin bar.

I appreciate that on a Repo the days may seem long, and thus needing punctuation, but the prospect of reaching the end of the cruise weighing 10 kilos more than when I started is not one which holds much allure. And I live in central London; I go on holiday to get away from 1,264 varieties of coffee, milkshakes, smoothies, waters, ice creams etc. etc. etc.

Incidentally, if you are on the Yacht Club do you still have to buy packages?

I bought the repo on my last repo. I did save a lot but I did drink more than I usually do. I got bored drinking :)

BTW despite the excess alcohol, I lost weight.

Back to OP, I am unlikely to purchase the package again. The wine selection was dire and the coffee in the buffet was better than the lattes etc IMHO.

Annie

Edited by anniegb

I bought the repo on my last repo. I did save a lot but I did drink more than I usually do. I got bored drinking :)

BTW despite the excess alcohol, I lost weight.

Back to OP, I am unlikely to purchase the package again. The wine selection was dire and the coffee in the buffet was better than the lattes etc IMHO.

Annie

Thank you; if they ever get around to allowing people in the UK to book the Repos I'll bear that in mind. :D

Skier52 We paid $539. pp for our B1 balcony. Adding the $57. pp a day premium pkge to our cruise would total $1876. for the week. The yacht club was $1900. pp for the same week, and rate.

Sometime the yacht club is a better deal, sometimes it isn't, as on our week.