Review of SAS Transportation

TravellingTRS

I used SAS Transportation (http://www.ridesas.com) again on 1/19/2014 for travel from the Port of Miami to FLL and I was happy to see that they're still as efficient, cheap and polite as ever. This was the 5th time I've used them. Once again, I made my reservation online and they picked me up curbside at the cruise port within a few minutes of calling them after I passed thru customs. Because it is a shared-ride service, sometimes you do need to ride along for about 5-10 minutes to pick up additional passengers, but that's how shared-ride services work. Total fare from POM to FLL for one person was $15 (I always tip too).

When friends/coworkers ask me for advice when cruising out of Miami, I ALWAYS tell them:

- consider flying into Fort Lauderdale instead of Miami because you may easily save $100 or more on your flight

- use SAS if you need transportation directly from FLL to a downtown Miami hotel or the Port of Miami (unfortunately, SAS no longer goes to South Beach, so we used GO Airport Shuttle this last time for that part)

- use SAS for transportation after the cruise from POM to FLL

Hope this helps any newer cruisers.

Traveling TRS - We totally agree!

SAS does a great job and always reliable!

We also choose FLL flights, even when cruising from Miami. Better airfare, airport is less hectic, and Pasha's restaurant has great food - not normal airport food. Try the simit bread with cream cheese at breakfast; better than a bagel!!

Pam in KY

I've read a lot about SAS and have visited their site but have not seen anything to indicate a discount for purchasing round trip fares. I've used similar shuttle services in Vegas and they will give a $1 or $2 discount for buying the return trip at the same time you buy the initial trip so I was wondering if this was the same way. Anyone have any idea? Thx!

I've read a lot about SAS and have visited their site but have not seen anything to indicate a discount for purchasing round trip fares. I've used similar shuttle services in Vegas and they will give a $1 or $2 discount for buying the return trip at the same time you buy the initial trip so I was wondering if this was the same way. Anyone have any idea? Thx!

They have offered $1-2 discounts in the past for kids and families/groups travelling together, but I have never seen anything about a r/t discount.

I have read lots of good reviews of SAS and was really hoping my experience was just as good. Unfortunately it was not

We made reservations 6 months ago and confirmed them today. However, when we got our luggage from FLL and called them, I was told that it would be another 90-120 minutes because he was the last shuttle and other flights were delayed. I realize that this is a shared ride service, but a 2 hour delay is unacceptable.

We ended up catching a ride with GO Airport Shuttle for a few more bucks, and are now crammed together on our way to Miami Hotel.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

We have used them (SAS) as a family of 6 and booking a private shuttle no need to wait for anyone else....Also Jiffy Jeff has been recommended very highly on these boards too...so just another great option.