Spa Junior Suite

gaylemh

As soon as the Christmas rush is over around here, I'll get right on it. I promise. I haven't forgotten. I need to move them from iPhoto to a standard jpg and them to photobucket. I'm out today but should have time soon.

Don't leave until March so we can wait for the pictures, but what is your overall opinions of the cabin?

We have one on deck 12

Jimbo:)

Don't leave until March so we can wait for the pictures, but what is your overall opinions of the cabin?

We have one on deck 12

Jimbo:)

We were in SJS 7636 for our b2b on Lady Q and loved it. Even though there is no walk in closet, the closet is very wide and even has a shelf on the bottom for shoes. The dresser next to the closet has 6 nice deep drawers. The desk next to the dresser has no drawers in it but the mirror has 3 light settings that is controlled by a switch underneath the mirror.

There is a slender cabinet next to to the bed where the safe is and there is more area to hang clothing. There are 2 drawers at the bottom.

The refrigerator is the best we've experienced as you could make jello in it, that's how cold it was.

The one bathroom has a toilet and sink in it and then the second bathroom has the walk-in shower, sink and tub. Only problem we found, when facing the shower door, was that it should have opened from left to right instead of right to left. There is no retractable line in there to hang items. The frosted glass panel from the one bathroom really illuminated the room in the morning. So, if someone is still asleep while the shower is in use, they should be on their side facing the sliding glass door.

Bed was comfortable and our luggage fit nicely underneath.

The love seat was also comfortable and they did away with the large coffee table.

There were 2 chairs with ottomans on the balcony with a short table. They did not put the tall table on the balcony like on other RCI ships, which was a disappointment. Eating on the balcony would be a challenge.

We were in SJS 7636 for our b2b on Lady Q and loved it. Even though there is no walk in closet, the closet is very wide and even has a shelf on the bottom for shoes. The dresser next to the closet has 6 nice deep drawers. The desk next to the dresser has no drawers in it but the mirror has 3 light settings that is controlled by a switch underneath the mirror.

There is a slender cabinet next to to the bed where the safe is and there is more area to hang clothing. There are 2 drawers at the bottom.

The refrigerator is the best we've experienced as you could make jello in it, that's how cold it was.

The one bathroom has a toilet and sink in it and then the second bathroom has the walk-in shower, sink and tub. Only problem we found, when facing the shower door, was that it should have opened from left to right instead of right to left. There is no retractable line in there to hang items. The frosted glass panel from the one bathroom really illuminated the room in the morning. So, if someone is still asleep while the shower is in use, they should be on their side facing the sliding glass door.

Bed was comfortable and our luggage fit nicely underneath.

The love seat was also comfortable and they did away with the large coffee table.

There were 2 chairs with ottomans on the balcony with a short table. They did not put the tall table on the balcony like on other RCI ships, which was a disappointment. Eating on the balcony would be a challenge.

Great review, exactly what I was looking for? So the second bathroom doesn't have a toilet in it? :eek:

Great review, exactly what I was looking for? So the second bathroom doesn't have a toilet in it? :eek:

Thanks. There is only one toilet, but there are 2 sinks!!:D

Edit to add: I know that once Gina has posted some pictures you'll get a better idea of how things are really set up.

Edited by cruisenfever

Here's a link to the album of the spa junior suite photos. I'll editorialize it later. I'm sure I have plenty to say.

http://s194.photobucket.com/user/mommabeany/library/Quantum%20of%20the%20Seas

Great pictures. I noticed that you got the waffle robes given to GS cabins and above where we had the thick terry cloth robes. Wonder why?

Great pictures. I noticed that you got the waffle robes given to GS cabins and above where we had the thick terry cloth robes. Wonder why?

I think your stateroom attendant gave you the wrong ones. I thought spa junior suites would get the nice ones. Or maybe my stateroom attendant gave us the wrong ones. :)

Our shower door opened left to right but should have been the other way. Apparently they reversed the doors in all the rooms. I feel sorry for heavy people who have to get around the open door to get into the shower. It should open into the bathroom - opening facing the bathroom entry door. The way it is now, the shower door opens and you are there in the little space in front of the sink surrounded by sink, tub, door, and shower - boxed in.

Edited by mommabean

I think your stateroom attendant gave you the wrong ones. I thought spa junior suites would get the nice ones. Or maybe my stateroom attendant gave us the wrong ones. :)

Our shower door opened left to right but should have been the other way. Apparently they reversed the doors in all the rooms. I feel sorry for heavy people who have to get around the open door to get into the shower. It should open into the bathroom - opening facing the bathroom entry door. The way it is now, the shower door opens and you are there in the little space in front of the sink surrounded by sink, tub, door, and shower - boxed in.

I prefer the thick terry cloth over those waffle ones so if he gave us the wrong ones, no problem. That was the only thing that kept me warm when I got out of the shower. You couldn't get enough steam in there to keep it warm.

Your cabin layout was opposite what ours was. Our bed as on the right as you walked in and the bath with the shower was also on the right. When I opened the door of the shower into the bathroom and stepped on the bath mat, I had to use my feet to slide it closer to the tub so that I could close the shower door!!

It was definitely not designed by a woman!!

Edited by cruisenfever

I prefer the thick terry cloth over those waffle ones so if he gave us the wrong ones, no problem. That was the only thing that kept me warm when I got out of the shower. You couldn't get enough steam in there to keep it warm.

Your cabin layout was opposite what ours was. Our bed as on the right as you walked in and the bath with the shower was also on the right. When I opened the door of the shower into the bathroom and stepped on the bath mat, I had to use my feet to slide it closer to the tub so that I could close the shower door!!

It was definitely not designed by a woman!!

Maybe they know our preferences. LOL

I prefer the waffle robes and I never could get my room cold enough. A limit of 68 is not good enough for me. I keep my heater at home set to 62 at night in the winter. You live up north. I live in FL. You know how that goes. The only thing better than cold to me would be if it snowed.

I really wish they would let us make the room as cold as we would like it to be.