Spa Junior Suite

gaylemh

What we do know about SJS is, you will be able to book dining reservations for Coastal Kitchen. This perk is available for SJS and up. Also CK will be serving breakfast and lunch.

When DD first opened they did allow D+ and Pinnacle, for a short period of time to book CK without being in a suite.

In addition.....before dining reservations opened to everyone, those selected to pre-book were offered the opportunity to book Coastal Kitchen regardless of C&A status.

Guests in a SJS are also able to bring up to 8 couples as guests. Sure hope there are enough seats so those staying in the SJS can get the dining times that they want.

What we do know about SJS is, you will be able to book dining reservations for Coastal Kitchen. This perk is available for SJS and up. Also CK will be serving breakfast and lunch.

When DD first opened they did allow D+ and Pinnacle, for a short period of time to book CK without being in a suite.

They also allowed those that were pre-selected for DD reservations to book CK.

Yes those D+ & Pinnacles were pre-selected for DD and this was only for Quantum not for any Anthem sailings. Some that were not pre selected were also able to book CK during that open window.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

In addition.....before dining reservations opened to everyone, those selected to pre-book were offered the opportunity to book Coastal Kitchen regardless of C&A status.

Guests in a SJS are also able to bring up to 8 couples as guests. Sure hope there are enough seats so those staying in the SJS can get the dining times that they want.

Where did you hear that we could bring guest? I'm staying in a SJS solo, and would love to bring 2 of my solo traveling friends with me to dinner in CK.

Can you pre-book this?

Where did you hear that we could bring guest? I'm staying in a SJS solo, and would love to bring 2 of my solo traveling friends with me to dinner in CK.

Can you pre-book this?

When I called to make my dining reservations I asked and that's what I was told. To do it I think your reservations have to be linked.

Coastal Kitchen holds somewhat over 100 people, don't see how you can bring up to 8 guests if they are not in a suite. Maybe they allowed that for the pre booking or opening, but can't see how they will continue to allow other guests not staying is suites to book CK.

Edited by Life is Good Cruising

Yes those D+ & Pinnacles were pre-selected for DD and this was only for Quantum not for any Anthem sailings. Some that were not pre selected were also able to book CK during that open window.

We were pre-selected for DD reservations on the innaugural voyage of Quantum. We are C&A Diamond status. We were still given the option to book CK, which we did for only one night. We wanted to experience as much of the DD experience as possible.

Coastal Kitchen holds somewhat over 100 people, don't see how you can bring up to 8 guests if they are not in a suite. Maybe they allowed that for the pre booking or opening, but can't see how they will continue to allow other guests not staying is suites to book CK.

We sailed on Celebrity Reflection in a suite this past April. We had access to their "all-suite" restaraunt, "BLU." I can tell you from experience, the restaraunt was never full. I think non-suite guests had the option of booking the restaraunt for a cover charge. Don't quote me on that. That being said, I am sure all of the suite guests on Quantum will not be eating at CK every night, which will open up the restaraunt for potential booking for non-suite guests.

My understanding is that it wasn't just for pre-booking and can be done currently. It will interesting to see how it all works out. I hope there are enough spots, at the popular dining times, for those booked in the JS and up categories. Time will tell......

Edited by suzyluvs2cruise

• 3 weeks later...

Are any of you booked on the December 1 cruise? Hi Roger, I do wish you and Loriann were going with us!!! Going to miss you and hope to see you soon! I will report ASAP after we board on our SJS. We will be in 7236. Harlan and I were in an Aqua Class cabin on Celebrity's Silhouette and we ate in Blu each night, and it was never crowded. The amenities were great on that ship. All of the special bathroom toiletries, free bottled water and special teas daily, fresh flowers, etc. but, the best perk was free entrance to the Persian Gardens and use of the hot beds! And more that I can't remember. I only wish that we get a part of that! Since this is considered a spa room, I do hope that we get free access to the spa features!

Blessings

Fran

Just the original mock ups they had online. Maybe their next big "reveal" will show some actual pictures. That would be nice. I'm not holding my breath.

FWIW, I'm happy to chill, and be surprised when we see it. We're not on until March though, so I am sure by then we'll have plenty of pictures and reviews.

Enjoy your cruise.

My wife and I are staying in a grand suite. When we first booked our dynamic dining (VERY early) we were told that my cousin could come to dine with us in Coastal Kitchen (she is in a solo cabin) - so we booked her for one dinner (we were previously linked). About a week later I called to add her for another dinner, and she was NOT ALLOWED. The rep said that was only an option given the first few days, then STOPPED. I guess it depends which rep you talk to.

When I called to make my dining reservations I asked and that's what I was told. To do it I think your reservations have to be linked.
Did the same thing and I have exactly eight family members linked to all of our "Dynamic" dining reservations for our April 2015 eight day cruise....K.O.

Found these pics of Quantum Spa JS 7236 on Cruise Critic's FB page.

SpaJS3_zps7d3e82fd.jpg

SpaJS4_zps2edad585.jpg

Half Bath

SpaJS7236_zps05a7c5ec.jpg

SpaJS1_zps81314468.jpg

Thanks for sharing. I'm a little disappointed that there isn't a full size sofa, and it looks like there is a door instead of a slider to the balcony.

Lovely pics, we're in a spa junior suite on anthem so really looking forward to this.

One thing that's interesting... there's a suite guest's book in the last pic, normally you only get those in a GS or above and they hold the suite guests menus and concierge details....

Maybe the SJS is going to be treated as a suite with some extra perks on Quantum and Anthem. That would be a very pleasant surprise on my 2 Quantum cruises. They are letting you book Coastal Kitchen along with suites, so maybe we will also be entitled to the full menu for room service.