Spa Junior Suite

gaylemh

Agreed. It's not a bath and a half, which is what they advertised without two toilets.

In the description below, from the RCI website, the bathroom is not advertised as bath and a half.:confused:

Stateroom Details on the Quantum Of The Seas Bedroom area with two twin beds that convert to a Royal King, measuring 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long. Large, spa-inspired split bath with soaking tub, and large separate shower. Shower has frosted glass wall that allows natural light from living area. Toilet and second sink in separate half bath. Sitting area with corner settee. Private balcony. Sleeps up to 2.

(267 sq. ft., balcony 81 sq. ft.)

Edited by cruisenfever

From the pictures, it does look there is only one toilet in the half bath. That does not make me happy. We need to get clarification here. Maybe Colleen can verify?

I might change staterooms or cancel. Prices have gone up now so it would be hard to change staterooms at this point and get a good price.

From the pictures, it does look there is only one toilet in the half bath. That does not make me happy. We need to get clarification here. Maybe Colleen can verify?

I might change staterooms or cancel. Prices have gone up now so it would be hard to change staterooms at this point and get a good price.

That's how I see it too. One bathroom with a tub, sink and shower in a U shape configuration. As you open the door the tub is on the left, the sink is straight ahead and the shower is on the right. The 2nd bath has a sink and toilet....with the toilet on right and sink on the left. Below are a couple more pics I found of the bathroom. The first one shows the shower to the right of the sink and in the second you can see the glass wall of the shower to the right of the sink. Doesn't appear to be a lot of room in either one.

SpaJS7_zps2e773d7b.jpg

SpaJS_zps44bb65bf.jpg

A tub that will rarely be used. And no toilet in the main bathroom. What were they thinking? :(

I prefer two toilets over two sinks. And if the tub can't be used as a shower, I have no need for it. The tub of the traditional owner's suite is rarely used by anyone I know of.

Gina

A tub that will rarely be used. And no toilet in the main bathroom. What were they thinking? :(

I prefer two toilets over two sinks. And if the tub can't be used as a shower, I have no need for it. The tub of the traditional owner's suite is rarely used by anyone I know of.

Gina

FYI http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=43912798&postcount=66

In the description below, from the RCI website, the bathroom is not advertised as bath and a half.:confused:

I could have sworn it was advertised that way. It could be that they changed their wording, this is yet one more sign I am losing my mind, or both. ;-)

Wait...does this mean I haven't completely lost my mind? That's wonderful news. ;-)

LOL, it seems that whoever wrote up the description for the SJS, forgot a word or two when it came to describing the bathroom(s)!!:D

"Large, spa-inspired split bath with soaking tub, and large separate shower. Shower has frosted glass wall that allows natural light from living area. Toilet and second sink in separate half bath".

Edited by cruisenfever

I'm on tapatalk so I can't see pictures well or see where Colleen is from. In Australia a toilet is the word for a bathroom. My Aussie friends think I'm odd for calling the fixture we sit in "the toilet". Pictures appear to show nothing to sit on in the main bathroom.

Basically is Colleen saying two people can pee at once in separate commodes?

We call it two bathrooms even if one can't bathe in it. The original floor plan shows two commodes. There is none showing in the pics I've seen of the main bathroom. There is a tub where the toilet/commode was shown in those early floor plans.

Update from Editor Colleen....

Originally Posted by EbayCruiser viewpost.gif

Thanks Colleen for verifying the toilet thingy - it's hard from the pictures to determine where the toilet is located in the larger bathroom.

Hmm... You have me thinking, now. Where is that second toilet? I'm going to email the PR team to confirm. Thanks!

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=43912798#post43912798

From Colleen: "Yes, there are two toilets. One full bath (with bathtub) and one half bath".

The Half bath is the one with the shower.

I believe the shower and tub are both in the main bath. From the pictures I've seen that's how it appears.

Maybe RCI needs to put out a current and final floor plan now that it is final.

Gina

Wow! When I was growing up, most people I know lived in a house with one bathroom and one toilet. All my friends including myself had at least 5 using one bathroom everyday. (One of my friends had 8 including 6 girls, and they managed just fine) Now people are concerned if there aren't 2 toilets for 2 people in a cabin for a vacation. I personally would have preferred they kept the walk in closet, instead of the extra half bath.

I believe the shower and tub are both in the main bath. From the pictures I've seen that's how it appears.

Maybe RCI needs to put out a current and final floor plan now that it is final.

Gina

Would be nice if they did that to clear up all the confusion.

I like the idea of the shower being separate from the toilet. Since I'm up first, I can be doing my thing and my husband his!!:D