Spa Junior Suite

gaylemh

In the end it will all be fine. After all, I won't be at work. So, one toilet, two toilets, a bucket in the corner perhaps, I'm going to enjoy myself no matter what.

Maybe one on the balcony so you can enjoy the view.:eek::eek:

Would be nice if they did that to clear up all the confusion.

I like the idea of the shower being separate from the toilet. Since I'm up first, I can be doing my thing and my husband his!!:D

If there is only one toilet, I agree. Someone I know is a toilet hog and it's not me. ;) People who read while there make it impossible to use a sink.

But I did book a SJS with the impression it would have 2 toilets. That was my favorite part of the new design and what I was looking forward to about that room - getting a second toilet made giving up the walk in closet acceptable. :)

When a woman has to pee, she has to pee. Older men take a while. And in this case, the guys can't go outside...save the waves and all. :D

Sorry for being graphic, but that's the way it is. (OK, not really sorry ;) )

Gina

Edited by mommabean

I will say that I believe I'm right about this and yet again, CC has it wrong. Look at that SJS bathroom picture and see where the door latch is at the end of the full bathtub. Look at the wall beside the shower. Here is what Gene Sloan says in his description of the main bathroom. "Junior suites have two bathrooms, one of which has a sink, bathtub and shower." Here is what he says about the second bathroom, "The second bathroom in junior suites features a toilet and a sink." I have more faith in the information from USA Today than what I read on CC based on other recent very likely misinformation I've read.

So the original floor plans we were shown prior to booking the ship ended up not being very accurate. It also showed a cabinet/closet on each side of the bed. The square footage is the smallest they've had for a JS in a while so apparently they realized they couldn't fit in a cabinet on both sides of the bed.

This is the way I see it, I could be wrong as I am so often :eek:, but I don't think I am this time. I know there are a few others who see it as I do, too.

Gina

Edited by mommabean

I will say that I believe I'm right about this and yet again, CC has it wrong. Look at that SJS bathroom picture and see where the door latch is at the end of the full bathtub. Look at the wall beside the shower. Here is what Gene Sloan says in his description of the main bathroom. "Junior suites have two bathrooms, one of which has a sink, bathtub and shower." Here is what he says about the second bathroom, "The second bathroom in junior suites features a toilet and a sink." I have more faith in the information from USA Today than what I read on CC based on other recent very likely misinformation I've read.

So the original floor plans we were shown prior to booking the ship ended up not being very accurate. It also showed a cabinet/closet on each side of the bed. The square footage is the smallest they've had for a JS in a while so apparently they realized they couldn't fit in a cabinet on both sides of the bed.

This is the way I see it, I could be wrong as I am so often :eek:, but I don't think I am this time. I know there are a few others who see it as I do, too.

Gina

I really think it is like the Disney ships- a bath and 1/2- Sink, toilet one part and shower/tub and sink other. It really works well. But let's get valid response from RC. I was of the impression they do monitor these boards- we do need clarification.

Gina

Looking at the pictures from oceanliner-pictures there is a good shot of the spa junior suite and there is another space next to the cabin entrance that appears to be just big enough to have a toilet and sink installed, next to that is a closet.

http://oceanliner-pictures.com/galle...gust-2014.html

Edited by Brian131489

Looking at the pictures from oceanliner-pictures there is a good shot of the spa junior suite and there is another space next to the cabin entrance that appears to be just big enough to have a toilet and sink installed, next to that is a closet.

http://oceanliner-pictures.com/galle...gust-2014.html

I sure hope you are right. Of course we've always survived with just one toilet while cruising and having one toilet separate from the shower and the extra sink will be a step in the right direction. But 2 toilets would be absolutely fabulous and something I really looked forward to in addition to iFly and NorthStar. :)

I can't find any Quantum pictures at this link. I see a Quantum link, I click it, and nothing appears.

I found the pictures and I'm not seeing it the way you are. I see no place where there can be another toilet based on what I've seen of the inside of the bathroom in relation to the outside.

Gina

Edited by mommabean

Actually, it's really sad that at this late date there are not accurate floor plans for both the cabins and the ship. This shouldn't even be an issue by now, although, we are having some fun with it.

Oh so true, and the reason I was disappointed in the last reveal. I didn't find it so especially revealing and actually, it left more questions.

Deck plans is what I'd like to see revealed. And before we board. Just for fun. And knowledge.

Gina

I sure hope you are right. Of course we've always survived with just one toilet while cruising and having one toilet separate from the shower and the extra sink will be a step in the right direction. But 2 toilets would be absolutely fabulous and something I really looked forward to in addition to iFly and NorthStar. :)

I can't find any Quantum pictures at this link. I see a Quantum link, I click it, and nothing appears.

I found the pictures and I'm not seeing it the way you are. I see no place where there can be another toilet based on what I've seen of the inside of the bathroom in relation to the outside.

Gina

Try this link, if this doesn't work click on galleries and the first title will have quantum pics.

In the picture it shows the door to the cabin opens up into the hallway, and to the right is what appears to be the secondary bathroom and to the left is the main bathroom. The room appears to be pretty roomy

http://oceanliner-pictures.com/galleries/aboard-the-quantum-of-the-seas-august-2014.html

Sent from my iPad using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

Try this link, if this doesn't work click on galleries and the first title will have quantum pics.

In the picture it shows the door to the cabin opens up into the hallway, and to the right is what appears to be the secondary bathroom and to the left is the main bathroom. The room appears to be pretty roomy

http://oceanliner-pictures.com/galleries/aboard-the-quantum-of-the-seas-august-2014.html

The right is the main bathroom with no toilet. That glass obsure wall is the wall to the shower.

The left is the secondary bathroom with the toilet. This is looking at the picture...not as if you were walking into the room.

The square footage is the smallest they've made a junior suite in many years. Only Vision class has smaller junior suites if I remember correctly.

The family junior suites are different and have a greater square footage. At least by earlier information. Who knows how that turned out?

Gina

You can also see pictures in post 41 of this thread. :)

The right is the main bathroom with no toilet. That glass obsure wall is the wall to the shower.

The left is the secondary bathroom with the toilet. This is looking at the picture...not as if you were walking into the room.

The square footage is the smallest they've made a junior suite in many years. Only Vision class has smaller junior suites if I remember correctly.

The family junior suites are different and have a greater square footage. At least by earlier information. Who knows how that turned out?

Gina

Gina - I think you are right about the bathroom and toilets. The Spa JS has one toilet while the Family JS has two toilets (one in the Full Bath and another across in the Half Bath)

From RCI webpage.

Spa JS

Bedroom area with two twin beds that convert to a Royal King, measuring 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long. Large, spa-inspired split bath with soaking tub, and large separate shower. Shower has frosted glass wall that allows natural light from living area. Toilet and second sink in separate half bath. Sitting area with corner settee. Private balcony. Sleeps up to 2.

(267 sq. ft., balcony 81 sq. ft.)

Family JS

Bedroom area with two twin beds that convert to a Royal King, measuring 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long. Full bathroom with tub. Separate half bath. Sitting area with sofa that converts to double bed. Private balcony. Sleeps up to 4 or 5.

(301 sq. ft., balcony 81 sq. ft.)

Edited by Tall-Cruiser

Well I am disappointed in not having the two toilets that we assumed we would have! But, if in deed what "bearded ladies" noticed in the room is in fact true, then I will be a happy camper again. They saw a 'suite guest' book, which would mean that we will be entitled to all of the 'suite' amenities! Now that will make up for not getting our second toilet!

Well I am disappointed in not having the two toilets that we assumed we would have! But, if in deed what "bearded ladies" noticed in the room is in fact true, then I will be a happy camper again. They saw a 'suite guest' book, which would mean that we will be entitled to all of the 'suite' amenities! Now that will make up for not getting our second toilet!

I wouldn't count on that.

When I went on Vision for the free one night after her refurbishment, they had the new family suite open for viewing. The sign right at the door stated there was a balcony in it. And there certainly was no balcony. It's an ocean VIEW family suite. That's it. They miss a lot of little details. I'm sure whoever set that spa junior suite up had no idea that the word suite in this case doesn't mean no suite benefits.

That being said, I do hope there are some "spa" benefits other than a frosted glass door on the shower. Maybe the only other benefit is that one restaurant, Coastal Kitchen, that's only supposed to be for suites. It would be nice if there was a special list of spa suite amenities. I definitely am not counting on it. I just think it would make it a little bit special and soften the blow of not having the two toilets we were shown originally.

Gina

Gina

Majesty has the smallest JS cabins at 221 sq ft. JS cabins on Explorer and Adventure are actually listed at only 264 feet which is smaller than Quantum.

We survived 29 days in a JS on RH at 241 sq ft. The SJS on Quantum will feel enormous.:D

Majesty has the smallest JS cabins at 221 sq ft. JS cabins on Explorer and Adventure are actually listed at only 264 feet which is smaller than Quantum.

We survived 29 days in a JS on RH at 241 sq ft. The SJS on Quantum will feel enormous.:D

You have to remember, this is not a true JS. The JS on Quantum has 276 sq. ft. The Spa JS is a new category and has 267 sq. ft. The SJS holds 2 people and the JS can hold up to four with a full size sofa bed.

When we booked the SJS, we only had to put down a deposit of $500. not $750. that is required for the JS. Someone stated that we will get double points but at this point I am not expecting it.

I realize there are smaller JS's. The size varies from ship to ship within a class. Most are larger than these. But the smaller ones in general don't have walk in closets because there isn't enough room. These SJS don't have enough square footage for a walk in closet, a full size sofa, and also not for 2 toilets it seems.

I've survived in an interior room. My husband and I survived for 3 or 4 nights in an OV on Monarch. Now that's really saying something. :D

I'm not concerned about survival in a SJS. I'm facing the fact that the second toilet they said would be in it isn't going to be there. I realized from the start that when they said staterooms would be larger than previous ships that they didn't mean the SJS would be. They were talking about the lower category cabins. Which to me, even if the square footage is larger (I'm not going to check all the ship's exact figures) appear to have less storage. And it's going to be interesting to see if anyone complains about the narrow width of the toilet space between the counter and the shower stall (in a balcony room). I'm thin, and that space appears a bit tight to me.

Gina

You have to remember, this is not a true JS. The JS on Quantum has 276 sq. ft. The Spa JS is a new category and has 267 sq. ft. The SJS holds 2 people and the JS can hold up to four with a full size sofa bed.

When we booked the SJS, we only had to put down a deposit of $500. not $750. that is required for the JS. Someone stated that we will get double points but at this point I am not expecting it.

I don't quite understand why you thought your deposit would be $750. JS cabins on any ship have the standard deposit as indicated below. It's GS cabins and above that have a higher deposit that is doubled.

$100pp* for 3-5 nights

$250pp* for 6-9 nights

$450pp* for 10+ nights

*These doublepp if booked in GS or higher

And yes, you will be double points for the SJS cabin. That has already been clarified early this year.

Edited by cruisenfever

I realize there are smaller JS's. The size varies from ship to ship within a class. Most are larger than these. But the smaller ones in general don't have walk in closets because there isn't enough room. These SJS don't have enough square footage for a walk in closet, a full size sofa, and also not for 2 toilets it seems.

I've survived in an interior room. My husband and I survived for 3 or 4 nights in an OV on Monarch. Now that's really saying something. :D

I'm not concerned about survival in a SJS. I'm facing the fact that the second toilet they said would be in it isn't going to be there. I realized from the start that when they said staterooms would be larger than previous ships that they didn't mean the SJS would be. They were talking about the lower category cabins. Which to me, even if the square footage is larger (I'm not going to check all the ship's exact figures) appear to have less storage. And it's going to be interesting to see if anyone complains about the narrow width of the toilet space between the counter and the shower stall (in a balcony room). I'm thin, and that space appears a bit tight to me.

Gina

I must have missed that part, because in all the info I've seen, a second toilet in the SJS was never mentioned. It was mentioned in the FJS cabins.

I must have missed that part, because in all the info I've seen, a second toilet in the SJS was never mentioned. It was mentioned in the FJS cabins.

It seems many of us saw that floor plan of something that showed two toilets and assumed that was the junior suite layout. Having two different layouts and only showing one was a little misleading. I remember seeing the entire 3 room family suite layout which included the family junior suite. The other individual junior suite layout I remember seeing - not attached to a unit - was the one that had 2 toilets.

It must have been a wrong assumption on my part and on the part of others. I wish you had told us all a long time ago if you knew there was only one toilet.

This is the floor plan I always saw and believed was the spa junior suite.

500x281

And this is the floor plan I always saw for the junior suite family unit.

staterooms-overhead.jpg?b820ee

Now tell me the first image I posted is even remotely close to the family JS image. No, it appears much closer to what we have now seen as the SJS, minus the main bathroom toilet, and closet on the right side of the bed, and the full size sofa. And now I notice they never did show a separate shower. People used to think that space behind the sink was a shower at one point, which most of us realized was the plumping in the wall. Obviously they had to rearrange the bathroom and there was no room for both a shower and a toilet. No, that is NOT the family JS floor plan.

Gina

Edited by mommabean

I don't quite understand why you thought your deposit would be $750. JS cabins on any ship have the standard deposit as indicated below. It's GS cabins and above that have a higher deposit that is doubled.

$100pp* for 3-5 nights

$250pp* for 6-9 nights

$450pp* for 10+ nights

*These doublepp if booked in GS or higher

And yes, you will be double points for the SJS cabin. That has already been clarified early this year.

Oops - my bad! It is the GS that you pay the higher deposit. Wasn't thinking quite right on that one, now I see why there was a $500. deposit. Thanks for the clarification.

Below is what is shown on the RCI website as a Spa JS. It's not the same as the pictures we've seen as it shows a storage cabinet between the "settee" and the bed, describes a sitting area with a corner "settee" and shows an additional chair in addition to the desk chair.

I certainly understand the confusion others feel.

SpaJSRCIrendering_zps611e1d35.jpg

Below is what is shown on the RCI website as a Spa JS. It's not the same as the pictures we've seen as it shows a storage cabinet between the "settee" and the bed, describes a sitting area with a corner "settee" and shows an additional chair in addition to the desk chair.

I certainly understand the confusion others feel.

SpaJSRCIrendering_zps611e1d35.jpg

That's just how the storage is shown in that floor plan I posted - a cabinet on both sides of the bed. That sofa in the pictures appears full size to me, too. Thanks for another example of what they have shown (and still are in some cases) vs. what it really is now.

Gina

It seems many of us saw that floor plan of something that showed two toilets and assumed that was the junior suite layout. Having two different layouts and only showing one was a little misleading. I remember seeing the entire 3 room family suite layout which included the family junior suite. The other individual junior suite layout I remember seeing - not attached to a unit - was the one that had 2 toilets.

It must have been a wrong assumption on my part and on the part of others. I wish you had told us all a long time ago if you knew there was only one toilet.

This is the floor plan I always saw and believed was the spa junior suite.

500x281

And this is the floor plan I always saw for the junior suite family unit.

staterooms-overhead.jpg?b820ee

Now tell me the first image I posted is even remotely close to the family JS image. No, it appears much closer to what we have now seen as the SJS, minus the main bathroom toilet, and closet on the right side of the bed, and the full size sofa. And now I notice they never did show a separate shower. People used to think that space behind the sink was a shower at one point, which most of us realized was the plumping in the wall. Obviously they had to rearrange the bathroom and there was no room for both a shower and a toilet. No, that is NOT the family JS floor plan.

Gina

The first floor plan also shows a full size sofa, that the SJS doesn't have.

The first floor plan also shows a full size sofa, that the SJS doesn't have.

Exactly. There is no way that was a rendition of the family junior suite. All family junior suites have the oversized triangular like shaped balcony. Yes, that was the layout we were shown of the SJS we booked.

I hope we will at least get one extra chair in addition to the desk chair in the room to go across from the mini sofa/settee.

Gina