Corking fee

We are getting married on the 8/7 Mariner. We are sending bottles of wine through RCI to all our guests. Can anyone tell me if they will be charged a corking fee when they bring the bottles to the dining room?

There should be no corking fee for product purchased as part of an on-board amenities package that is delivered to the room.

This is SO correct. I even, um, liberated a bottle of RCI wine from an, um, activity, elsewhere on the ship, took it to the dining room, and when they wanted to charge me the corkage fee, I said, "But this is an RCI bottle", they didn't. :) just be firm and friendly.

Carol

There is no charge when RCI provides the wine. If you buy it and bring it on board then there is a fee, which is weird because RCI's stated policy is that you are not allowed to bring wine on board. If you do not drink all of your wine and want it save for another night there are no further fees for that.

From about $24 for extremely ordinary and barely drinkable wine to well over $50 for decent but basically middle-of-the-road stuff. You can gauge prices by applying roughly 4x pricing. In other words, something that RCI is charging $24 for, would probably cost you $6. :eek: I don't know about where YOU live, but around here, normal markup is 2x to 3x.

A self-confessed wine snob,

Carol

Thank you.

My Fiance called to order it and she was told there would be a $12.00 fee.

Another great example of how well-informed Miami-based RCI personnel are. If it's RCI's wine, and they have sold it to you, there is no corkage fee. Period.

I recently posted another thread (still on the front page at this moment), asking for on-board confirmation of what I already knew to be true: that the new Enchantment has both a Concierge Lounge AND a Concierge responsible for it.

I had called the Crown & Anchor Desk (USUALLY a better source of info than standard RCI Customer Service), who INSISTED that there's no Concierge on ANY ship except Radiance and Voyager class. She got her SUPERVISOR to back her up, despite my calm explanations that this had been added to the Enchantment in last month's stretch.

I had to find someone who just sailed on the Enchantment to tell me, as the poster put it "I am sure Giuseppe would be pretty unhappy to hear that he is not there. He is new to the position and will do a fine job as a concierge and taking care of that lounge." :D

Carol

Archived