Coral Photo Review Sailed on Jan. 8/14

wilfros

What are u using to take those UW photos? I'm drooling over the blue parrots on my iPad!!

Thank you for the high praise. I'm not sure what I did to deserve it? But Thanks.

As for what equipment I use I refer you to post 144 in this thread. Another poster and I discuss the information for a few posts. It should answer all your questions, but if they don't then come back and ask away. I will do what I can to get you the answers.

I am glad you like the photos.

wifros, thanks ever so much for taking us on your journey via pictures and review. :) I like to know what to expect so I can pick and choose what sounds the most interesting to do & see. You have the majority of our roll call following your blog !

May good health prevail and smooth sailings on your future adventures!

Thank you !!!!!! :D

First was the "walk of Despair!)

disembarkation1.jpg

Once off the ship it becomes immediately apparent just how organized Princess is with regard to everything they do. When you depart the terminal building and into the public arena of the arrival/departure traffic circle shared by both Coral and Royal, it instantly became a mess. Everyone everywhere going and coming from all directions. If there was any organization at all it completely eluded me.

What was most disturbing was that there were people going against the grain, with smiles on their faces. I stood around for a while, in amazement that anyone could be happy in a situation like this until I realized they were our replacements! They were the new passengers, coming to take our cabins, live in the luxury that was our lifestyle for the past 11 days. What was worse was to think that our cabin steward, waiter staff and bartenders were going to serve them without further thought to us. The crew of Coral had abandoned us and we were alone in the chaos. So much for the "Escape Completely" thing ... They never tell about this part of the cruise when they send us the brochures. No, everything is so nice, so colourful, so relaxing, but never this! Where was that guy with the moist towelettes now when I really need him? He was at every other port of call, but not here.

disembarkation5.jpg

disembarkation4.jpg

disembarkation2.jpg

disembarkation3.jpg

disembarkation6.jpg

Next post ...Saying Goodbye to Coral and Royal.

Edited by wilfros

We did see some interesting animals, have a look at this little guy. I am sorry but for the world of me I do not know what he is called. Miniature Dinosaur Maybe??

CostaRicaB4.jpg

I believe that guy may be a Plumed Basilisk lizard.

After our kayak adventure we stopped off at one of Costa Rica's National Parks. While we did not have a lot of time we ran through hoping to see a Sloth or two, but no such luck.

CostaRicaB1-1.jpg

We did see some interesting animals, have a look at this little guy. I am sorry but for the world of me I do not know what he is called. Miniature Dinosaur Maybe??

CostaRicaB2-1.jpg

CostaRicaB4.jpg

And then, of course, it is impossible to arrive back at the ship and not take a photo of her sitting in the sun, waiting for us.

CostaRicaB3.jpg

OK, so after a false start I think I can now announce that the next post will be about our big disappointment.

Did you go to Cahuita National Park? When we were in Costa Rica, I had a really hard time deciding between Cahuita and what we ultimately did: The Jaguar Rescue Center.

I believe that guy may be a Plumed Basilisk lizard.

Plumed Basilisk lizard! Googled it and I believe you are correct. Good Call!

Did you go to Cahuita National Park? When we were in Costa Rica, I had a really hard time deciding between Cahuita and what we ultimately did: The Jaguar Rescue Center.

Yes it was the Cahuita National Park. Unfortunately, in order to get back the the ship on time we only had 1 hour in the park. Not nearly enough time to do it justice. Beautiful from any direction you looked at it.

Edited by wilfros

So once we vacated the pier we rented a car for the day. Of course, with a car it would be almost sacrilegious to not go shopping. Begrudgingly, off we went to Sawgrass Mills. the deal was... If we go shopping then we can also go and watch sail away.

With shopping out of the way we FINALLY arrived at the 17th Street Bridge.

Here are some of the photos of Royal setting sail so others (not us!!) might escape completely.

RoyalDeparture1.jpg

RoyalDeparture2.jpg

RoyalDeparture3.jpg

RoyalDeparture4.jpg

RoyalDeparture5.jpg

RoyalDeparture6.jpg

Next Post ... Bye to Coral

Edited by wilfros

What an outstanding review! I agree with the others who said that it is the BEST review we have seen on CC. I loved your story with pictures and commentary. Take care of yourself.

I'll be on the Coral Princess in about two weeks from now. If you have a chance to send more 3D pictures I would love to see them. I do have a 3D big screen TV.

Email – GL4383 at gmail dot com

Thanks for the wonderful review.

-Gordon

Edited by TwoCruisers

What an outstanding review! I agree with the others who said that it is the BEST review we have seen on CC. I loved your story with pictures and commentary. Take care of yourself.

I'll be on the Coral Princess in about two weeks from now. If you have a chance to send more 3D pictures I would love to see them. I do have a 3D big screen TV.

-Gordon

Enjoy your cruise!

If you would like 3D photos just go back through the review and identify which ones you would like. In the top right corner of each post is the "Post number", quote that along with which photo in the post you would like.

This way I can be sure you are getting what you want. These files are large so normally I can only send 2 photos per email.

Let me know shortly and I will have them to you tonight.

Edited by wilfros

-Gordon

Gordon

I just sent a 3D file off to you. Please let us know how you make out.

Edited by wilfros

Wilfros,

I have spent the better part of a very snowy afternoon reading this entire thread. Loved the way you spread the review out over many posts, and the pictures made it complete. We did a full transit (Ft. Lauderdale to LA) in April 2012. We had such a good experience, and loved the Coral. In 83 days, we will set sail on Coral Princess again for a full transit, this time going all the way to Vancouver. It was wonderful to look at your pictures, relive the last cruise and get even more excited for the upcoming one. Thank you for posting this, I am going to tell our Roll Call about your review.

Wilfros,

I have spent the better part of a very snowy afternoon reading this entire thread. Loved the way you spread the review out over many posts, and the pictures made it complete. We did a full transit (Ft. Lauderdale to LA) in April 2012. We had such a good experience, and loved the Coral. In 83 days, we will set sail on Coral Princess again for a full transit, this time going all the way to Vancouver. It was wonderful to look at your pictures, relive the last cruise and get even more excited for the upcoming one. Thank you for posting this, I am going to tell our Roll Call about your review.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your story. It was very enjoyable and i can not wait for my cruise to begin. I hope you do not have to wait long for your next cruise as I can tell you truly enjoy your travel.

While I appreciate you compliments you must realize this was a little selfish of me to post this review.

I got to revisit my entire vacation over and over again while posting for you. Add to this that everyone reading, and posting along with me were willing and excited participants. It is always more fun to share with people who want more, rather than forcing my "friends" to sit through my photo show.

So considering this, it is I who should be thanking all of you. It was you who made this fun for me.

Let's not forget, there is at least one more post to come, so hold onto your hats!! :D

Edited by wilfros

Well, sadly, this brings me to the end of my review. I have enjoyed posting and am happy that some of you found this informative and entertaining.

This was the first cruise I have ever been on where I found things to be somewhat disappointing. During this review I have tried to point some of these thing out so others might be aware and I hope you took this information accordingly.

Would I cruise on Princess again? Absolutely, I have already purchased FCCs. Further, I found the itinerary to be the second best I have ever sailed. Hawaii, so far was the best. It's hard to beat Hawaii!!!

Should you have any questions please let me know. I will be reviewing all my photos and should I find any that you might enjoy that I have not already posted I will do so.

So, sail away for Coral Princess.

There we were on the 17th Street Bridge when Coral Princess slipped out of her berth and sailed away. I have reviewed my photos and there it was! I had to enlarge some of them and sure enough I could see it clearly!

Someone was on my balcony! The nerve, and they seemed to be having a good time. Can you believe it?

Anyway, after 11 great days aboard Coral Princess it was hard to watch her sail away without us.

CoralDeparture1.jpg

CoralDeparture2.jpg

CoralDeparture3.jpg

CoralDeparture4.jpg

CoralDeparture5.jpg

CoralDeparture6.jpg

Thanks for following along.

Thanks for the memories! We sailed two years ago on the Coral, taking her all the way through the Canal. I think she was one of my favorite ships as well. Whoever was the chef did a fantastic job on all the food and we felt the Horizon Buffet on the Coral the best of all the ships we have traveled.

I would love to do this itinerary again. You will have to try one of the Princess cruises to Alaska. They do a great job with that one as well!

Thanks for your time, your wonderful eye and sharing your vacation with us all!

Wilfros, thanks so very much for a great review! Just loved all the pictures and your honest opinions. We are so looking forward to getting out of this miserable winter weather and board the beautiful Coral Princess in just 38 more days!!!:D

Hope you enjoy good health and many more cruises. :)

Thanks,

Susan

I just read your entire review and it was wonderful. It brought back so many memories of our similar journey on the Coral several years ago. It has always been our favorite cruise ship and I hope they refurbish the rough spots soon. Thanks again for taking so much time to do this for everyone. :D

Thanks for the memories! We sailed two years ago on the Coral, taking her all the way through the Canal. I think she was one of my favorite ships as well. Whoever was the chef did a fantastic job on all the food and we felt the Horizon Buffet on the Coral the best of all the ships we have traveled.

I would love to do this itinerary again. You will have to try one of the Princess cruises to Alaska. They do a great job with that one as well!

Thanks for your time, your wonderful eye and sharing your vacation with us all!

Thanks, Alaska is on my bucket list. The problem is that I would like to kayak with the whales therefore a land vacation for Alaska may have to be taken in lieu of a cruise.

Edited by wilfros

Wilfros, thanks so very much for a great review! Just loved all the pictures and your honest opinions. We are so looking forward to getting out of this miserable winter weather and board the beautiful Coral Princess in just 38 more days!!!:D

Hope you enjoy good health and many more cruises. :)

Thanks,

Susan

I just read your entire review and it was wonderful. It brought back so many memories of our similar journey on the Coral several years ago. It has always been our favorite cruise ship and I hope they refurbish the rough spots soon. Thanks again for taking so much time to do this for everyone. :D

You are very welcome. I am glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks so much for posting such a detailed and informative review, the photographs are amazing and make me very excited for our Partial transit on Coral Princess in 60 days :) (and counting!) Have picked up so many tips from your review and really appreciate you taking the time to share your amazing adventure!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks so much for posting such a detailed and informative review, the photographs are amazing and make me very excited for our Partial transit on Coral Princess in 60 days :) (and counting!) Have picked up so many tips from your review and really appreciate you taking the time to share your amazing adventure!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am happy you enjoyed the review.

If I tell you that the review was slanted and then tell you a bunch of bad things would you let me have your tickets so you don't have to endure such an experience??

I am willing to do this for you and I checked my calendar and I am free to go!

Let me know, I'm willing to do this for you! :D

Edited by wilfros