Bread!

Baded

I hope it's not a permanent change. I can't help but wonder what they will do with the bread that's not eaten but still sitting in the basket at the end of the meal? And how do they know those people at the table haven't handled them? :eek:

I thought that once something has been served, it must be discarded at the end of the meal.

We just returned from Mariner of the Seas and had bread served to us by the waitstaff, offered multiple times through the meal. There was never a problem getting a second or third roll.
Enjoy having the bread brought out by the waitstaff for dinner each night, and offering and explaining what is available...:)...K.O.

I thought that once something has been served, it must be discarded at the end of the meal.

We were on Explorer less than a month ago w/MTD and the bread basket was not left on the table - it was served -

I too always thought the above and felt by serving the bread it was a cost cutting measure to avoid wastefulness

I was told by the waiter that for "My time dining" they leave the basket on the table, because of the varied seating times. We've only used "My time" for the past couple years, so I'm not sure it this is correct.

Not on the ships I've been on. The assistant waiter still brought the bread around in MTD. And I agree, there's simply no room on many tables for a bread basket, and it would be wasteful to throw away the bread sitting on the table at the end of a seating (but it would have to be done).

And I agree, there's simply no room on many tables for a bread basket, and it would be wasteful to throw away the bread sitting on the table at the end of a seating (but it would have to be done).

The baskets left were much smaller than the variety basket served by the Asst. Waiter. When the basket was left on Vision MTD, it was filled and brought after we were seated. When I observed the baskets left at both ends of the larger tables on Allure traditional dining, they were already on the table before the guests arrived. Many evenings, only a couple or two showed up at those large tables, so I did think it was pretty wasteful. Also, because we were being served, but those adjacent large tables were left, I did consider that it might have been a special dietary need that someone had pre-arranged but at two tables in a row and not served to a specific individual? Who knows but, because it was inconsistent with our service, I did notice it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk

For many years a basket of bread was always left at the table. The last time that RCI did this on a cruise that I was on was in 2002 on the Majesty.

I would much rather they bring it around and pass it out. I clearly remember years ago watching our server on a Carnival cruise take all of the baskets of bread that he had collected from the various tables to his service table and combine the bread into one basket. Not sure what happened to it but I wondered if those at the second seating were served this bread.

Hi again, sorry if I wasn't clear in to 1st posting, but it was the Enchantment and they did leave tongs in the bread basket and on formal night they did have escargot.

Leaving on the Allure March 2, for my 60th birthday, Wow,, time files!!!!!

:eek:

:o

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Hi again, sorry if I wasn't clear in to 1st posting, but it was the Enchantment and they did leave tongs in the bread basket and on formal night they did have escargot.

Leaving on the Allure March 2, for my 60th birthday, Wow,, time files!!!!!

:eek:

:o

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I bet they are not leaving the basket on the tables on the Explorer this week.

Sorry forgot this, we did MTD and sat in different areas of the MDR each night and it was the same each time, basket of bread on the table, it was hard to find a place for it. One more thing no coupon book, it was all on the sea pass card, they did leave a flyer in the cabin with information about it.