Need help! Port Canaveral transport and hotel!

babyd24

We usually drive to our cruise ports, but this time we decided to switch it up and fly in. So far it has proved to be more of a headache than anything. :( So cruise pro's, I need your help and advise.

We will be flying from SDF to MCO on 4/18, a day before our 8 day cruise starts on 4/19. Flight arrives at 5pm. (I can not fly in the same day in fear of a delayed flight or missing a flight, it makes me nervous arriving the day before lol)

We are looking for the best transportation to the Cocoa Beach area and a decent hotel, preferably one that offers a shuttle to the cruise terminal. It would be great to find a hotel that offers transportation from the airport and to the cruise terminal, but I am not having much luck.

After our cruise comes to an end on 4/27 we need a hotel for that night and then transportation back to MCO the following morning on 4/28.

I am NOT a fan of renting a car, at all. So that option is out of the question. Any and all advise is welcomed. Thanks.

We usually drive to our cruise ports, but this time we decided to switch it up and fly in. So far it has proved to be more of a headache than anything. :( So cruise pro's, I need your help and advise.

We will be flying from SDF to MCO on 4/18, a day before our 8 day cruise starts on 4/19. Flight arrives at 5pm. (I can not fly in the same day in fear of a delayed flight or missing a flight, it makes me nervous arriving the day before lol)

We are looking for the best transportation to the Cocoa Beach area and a decent hotel, preferably one that offers a shuttle to the cruise terminal. It would be great to find a hotel that offers transportation from the airport and to the cruise terminal, but I am not having much luck.

After our cruise comes to an end on 4/27 we need a hotel for that night and then transportation back to MCO the following morning on 4/28.

I am NOT a fan of renting a car, at all. So that option is out of the question. Any and all advise is welcomed. Thanks.

The three most popular shuttles are Travelynx, Executive VIP Limo or Cocoa Beach Shuttle. All get very positive feedback here.

The three hotels closest to the port and all have shuttles to the port are Country Inn & Suites, Residence Inn and Radisson At The Port ( which also now offers pick up at the airport)

CI&S and Residence Inn have a free breakfast, the radisson does not but there is a McDonalds across the street and a restaurant on site and also next door.

Hope this helps,

Edited by GTO-Girl

Here's a list of hotels that offers cruise & fly packages: http://www.parkingstay.com/p/port-canaveral-area-hotels-view-port.html#FLY

Alternatively, you could book ANY hotel which offers a park & cruise rate (rate that includes shuttle to the port) and then just book your own shuttle seperately from one of the services mentioned above or any other shuttle service.

[url=http://www.parkingstay.com/p/port-canaveral-area-hotels-view-port.html#FLY][/url]

Comfort suites at cocoa beach has a fly/stay/cruise package. They also have a park & cruise package we're doing in May. It includes shuttle to and from the port. Great reviews on trip advisor some of which talk about the fly/cruise package. Breakfast is supposed to be very good, clean, recently remodeled and a block from the beach.

What did you choose? Trying to find the same thing for our cruise in Nov.

I'm so so sorry, I just now saw your post. We went with the fly/stay/cruise package from Comfort Suites. We have stayed at the hotel before and it was the most economical. Good luck and happy cruising! :)

I'm so so sorry, I just now saw your post. We went with the fly/stay/cruise package from Comfort Suites. We have stayed at the hotel before and it was the most economical. Good luck and happy cruising! :)

Since you have stayed there before, any restaurants you can recommend that are close. Something mid priced that we can't just find anywhere is what we're looking for.

Any other hints would be appreciated. :). The reason that we booked with them is they seemed the best deal, plus if am a choice member and get points for staying.

Edited by wantocruisemore

• 7 months later...

I know this is an older post but I am considering going with the fly,snooze, and cruise package through comfort inn on cocoa beach. Did you like the package? It seems to be the best deal around. Did they pick you up from MCO, take you to the cruise terminal the next day, and then pick you up from the cruise terminal and take you to MCO on disembarkation day? Please let me know if you would recommend this service. Thanks!!

I recommend spending the night in Orlando and then get a shuttle (like cocoa beach shuttle) the morning of the cruise. Hotels are much cheaper and nicer in Orlando, more food options. No real reason to rush down to port canaveral the day you fly in anyway. It will be 6:30 by the time you get there, 7:00 and dark by the time you check in and go out to eat. Stay in Orlando and relax!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...
I recommend spending the night in Orlando and then get a shuttle (like cocoa beach shuttle) the morning of the cruise. Hotels are much cheaper and nicer in Orlando, more food options. No real reason to rush down to port canaveral the day you fly in anyway. It will be 6:30 by the time you get there, 7:00 and dark by the time you check in and go out to eat. Stay in Orlando and relax!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Agree, There are like 17 hotels within a mile of the airport in Orlando that provide free shuttle to and from hotel/ airport.

Especially if you fly in late, stay in Orlando and then get transportation

over to the Port.

If you do not rent a car, contact Executive vip limo or Travelynx for

transfers straight to the ships.