Last minute deals

ticruiser12

Looking for a last minute deal on a particular cruise. Cruise line website is showing a lot of cabins left. I understand if they drop the price on their site, everyone that's already booked will want credit. How do I find that deal that makes it impossible to say no?

Spoke to cruise line yesterday. Asked them what the best deal is (direct or third party). Was told whatever I prefer, thanks for calling. I have not tried a travel agent because I have never used one and wouldn't know where to start. Cruise is in 3 weeks. Also, registered on cruise lines site to have someone call me, twice, and never heard back. Last time I did that with another line, they called within minutes.

My last cruise I tried to do the last min deals. I saw the prices go down a little for an inside cabin then 2 weeks before the cruise they jumped and and window cabins became a better deal. Two days later no inside cabins available. I booked a cabin with a window to the Promenade deck. Slightly more than an inside but It was a great room.

Jim

Seems to me if you have a specific cruise in mind and probably a certain category of cabin, wouldn't it make sense to book it. What if the info online isn't up to date or changes very quickly? You may end up regretting waiting just to save a few dollars (and perhaps the fare might even go up).

Three weeks from now is President's Day which is a week long holiday for many schools in the northeast. If the cruise line has been offering guarantee cabins, those available cabins you see online will disappear when the line assigns their guarantees. I would not count on a great deal happening. If you want to go, its best to book now.

last minute these days usually means 30-90 days out...

google last minute cruises and there is one agency most of us follow - if your ship does not show on their site then it probably is close to sold out.

As a former TA in my past life ,I concur , this post says it all.

CL's post last minute rates on soft sailings after final and way before sailing date.

Waiting too long can cost you in $$ and availability .

These close in rates are most often for new bookings only but could have further restrictions such as Senior or Resident.

Edited by MCC retired