More Maho questions

Denise5374

I will be in St. Maarten from 1-8pm on a Monday. If I grab a taxi as soon as getting to port will I make it to Maho to see the big planes? Just perusing the schedule it looks like the big ones get in from 1:45 to 3:00pm.

Also, is it easy to get a taxi back from Maho to the port?

Thanks!

I will be in St. Maarten from 1-8pm on a Monday. If I grab a taxi as soon as getting to port will I make it to Maho to see the big planes? Just perusing the schedule it looks like the big ones get in from 1:45 to 3:00pm.

Thanks!

I was there on 1/18/14 and yes, the biggest planes come in later in the afternoon. We left about 2:15pm and saw quite a few before we left. I think the schedule is somewhat consistent so hopefully you'll be able to catch some.

Regarding taxi's. No problem. There were plenty there when we were ready to leave. Actually we had 7 people so needed two so come to find out the drivers that brought us back were brother & sister.

Thanks!

If all goes well and you are not tendered, then I would say that you should make it to Maho by 2.

Taxis are usually easy to find at Maho especially when ships are in. If there is not one then ask at the bar and they will call you one or walk over to the nearby Maho entertainment district and you will find one there.

I was there on 1/18/14 and yes, the biggest planes come in later in the afternoon. We left about 2:15pm and saw quite a few before we left. I think the schedule is somewhat consistent so hopefully you'll be able to catch some.

Regarding taxi's. No problem. There were plenty there when we were ready to leave. Actually we had 7 people so needed two so come to find out the drivers that brought us back were brother & sister.

I have seen the largest double decker KLM from Amersterdam land before 11:00 in the summer time. It is not my experience that "the biggest planes come in LATER in the afternoon". You left Maho at 2:15 and were able to see "quite a few" planes landing which is in keeping with my experience at Maho. What time did you get to Maho? The OP is not scheduled to dock? or tender? in St. Maarten until 1 pm.

Edited by Karysa

If all goes well and you are not tendered, then I would say that you should make it to Maho by 2.

Taxis are usually easy to find at Maho especially when ships are in. If there is not one then ask at the bar and they will call you one or walk over to the nearby Maho entertainment district and you will find one there.

We are docked and as far as I can tell are the only ship in port that day.

I have seen the largest double decker KLM from Amersterdam land before 11:00 in the summer time. It is not my experience that "the biggest planes come in LATER in the afternoon". You left Maho at 2:15 and were able to see "quite a few" planes landing which is in keeping with my experience at Maho. What time did you get to Maho? The OP is not scheduled to dock? or tender? in St. Maarten until 1 pm.
''

I got to Maho about 11am. Right before I left, an Air France jet came in that was hugh and before then 2 Jet Blue jets came. Maybe not as large as the double decker KLM but bigger then a crop plane.

The KLM flight from Amsterdam on Tuesdays, Thursdays and either Saturdays or Sundays is scheduled to arrive St. Maarten at 12:40 until the end of March, and then at 11:20. The fact is, it usually arrives early, as do most flights from the US.

''

I got to Maho about 11am. Right before I left, an Air France jet came in that was hugh and before then 2 Jet Blue jets came. Maybe not as large as the double decker KLM but bigger then a crop plane.

Those are great planes to see and 11-2:30 is a good time to visit Maho compared to late in the afternoon.

The KLM flight from Amsterdam on Tuesdays, Thursdays and either Saturdays or Sundays is scheduled to arrive St. Maarten at 12:40 until the end of March, and then at 11:20. The fact is, it usually arrives early, as do most flights from the US.

We were there on a Saturday and I don't remember seeing the KLM. I even asked my kids and they said no so it must have come in on Sunday instead. Thats too bad, it would have great to see

Those are great planes to see and 11-2:30 is a good time to visit Maho compared to late in the afternoon.

It was my first time at Maho and I was not disappointed in the planes I saw. Even my nephew who thought I was crazy for suggesting we go there said that it was AWESOME and was glad that we did it.

I'm not plane expert but I enjoyed the planes we saw and I think the time we were there was perfect

We were there on a Saturday and I don't remember seeing the KLM. I even asked my kids and they said no so it must have come in on Sunday instead. Thats too bad, it would have great to see

It was my first time at Maho and I was not disappointed in the planes I saw. Even my nephew who thought I was crazy for suggesting we go there said that it was AWESOME and was glad that we did it.

I'm not plane expert but I enjoyed the planes we saw and I think the time we were there was perfect

Sundays and Tuesday's were the KLM days in the summer but there may be less flights at that time of year.

It's still cool to us still and we've seen them more than a dozen times. Watching people new to the experience really adds to the fun for us.

Are there fewer mosquitoes here than at Orient? We were going to go to both with Bernard's tour but been to Orient and considering doing his Maho tour instead if there is less risk. Pretty graphic posts on another thread from someone infected at orient.

Sundays and Tuesday's were the KLM days in the summer but there may be less flights at that time of year.

It's still cool to us still and we've seen them more than a dozen times. Watching people new to the experience really adds to the fun for us.

I was there a few weeks ago on Saturday January 18th. Not sure what the schedule is at this time of year but I definately don't remember seeing it. Wish I did :(

I was there a few weeks ago on Saturday January 18th. Not sure what the schedule is at this time of year but I definately don't remember seeing it. Wish I did :(

I knew KLM flies in on Tuesdays and Thursdays - so the third one must be on Sundays. Their 747's are far and away the biggest planes to land at SXM, and are truly amazing to see coming in low over the water slow and close up. They really seem too big to stay up in the air.

Is Maho not pretty nearby to where Carnival docks? Could fit people who easily walk a couple of miles walk there?

I was on the Carnival Valor and I wouldn't think that you could walk there. I'd say the ride there was a good 20 mins, if not 1/2 hr.

Especially with the heat, I'd think it was too far to walk.