What are the logistics in using a drink package?

TickledBlue

Can you use your package to purchase the large bottle of Evian that is in the cabin?

No. Package is not good for room service or mini bar. But as mferranti said, you can buy it at a bar and take it back. We made it a point to pick up a bottle or two every day when heading back to our cabin so we always had a spare bottle available there.

If DW wants a double rum&coke, can we use both cards and just have the rum put in one glass? Also, is there a time limit before you can get another drink from the same bar/bartender?

Reading this site, yes, 10 minutes between drinks. :cool:

I certainly made sure that Marko was 'extra' compensated at the Martini Bar at the end of our cruise. He went above and beyond for us. Sure - 15% is just fine and nothing else needed. But, if you have that one special bartender...no harm in rewarding them and I think they certainly appreciate it.

Tip or don't tip 'extra' - your call. Just enjoy the package :)

Marko was great for us on the Summit in October. Tip early in your cruise for greatest benefit. We would show up at the martini bar in a crowd, and without a wait had a drink in front of us! And pre-dinner, that Martini bar is busy!

Edited by kalypso333

No bribery involved, when we do it. It is appreciation for service above and beyond what we have already paid for. There are several on every ship we have sailed. At any rate, we seem to have gotten away from the intent of this thread. Apologies to the OP.

Edited by packercruising

My question remains, if DW want a double rum&coke, can we use both cards and have the bartender put the rum in one glass?
Sticky situation....I would just get the rum in one glass and have a rum & coke made in a larger glass and then I would combine the two of them together. This way, your DW gets what she wants and the bartender does not get in any trouble if there are prying eyes around.

My question remains, if DW want a double rum&coke, can we use both cards and have the bartender put the rum in one glass?

In our experience at least, the drinks have been pretty strong. DH drinks Scotch on the rocks, and they definitely were not the skimpy 1 shot drinks you get in some places. So, try it first. You could also ask for it in a shorter glass, I know there is a term for this but it's escaping me --- that way, you get less Coke. But to answer your question, the official rule would say no, there is no sharing or combining of the cards. If you get to know the bartender and/or the waiter, however, they will likely make you a stronger drink --- a tip wouldn't hurt, either.

If DW wants a double rum&coke, can we use both cards and just have the rum put in one glass? Also, is there a time limit before you can get another drink from the same bar/bartender?

Do not worry about that , a lot of times I had to get extra mix because the drinks were too strong :eek:

Or how about have her tell the bartender she wants some Rum with just a splash of coke.

Edited by 2OldTravelers