Princess Swiss Splendors

beckmore

Switzerland has no ports. How would a cruise ship get there?

The same way in that the interior of Alaska (Fairbanks, Mt. McKinley) doesn't have a port, but I can tour them. It is possible to do a land tour (train, bus, or car) of Europe pre- or post-cruise, including Switzerland, and not have to be near a cruise ship port.

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruisetours/europe/index.jsp

:D

Switzerland has no ports. How would a cruise ship get there?

MSC Cruise Line is Swiss owned, and there is a Swiss navy and a host of Swiss Navy branded products

Those clever Swiss obviously have an affinity for water.

I actually thought that the branded products were SWISS ARMY. Their products, including KNIVES are sold at all Swiss Airports which always struck me as daft !

Brian

Well Brian it is true that the Swiss Army products are better known but if you google "Swiss Navy Products" I think you will be surprised at the variety and type of products those jolly Swiss sailors apparently find necessary.

MSC Cruise Line is Swiss owned, and there is a Swiss navy and a host of Swiss Navy branded products

Those clever Swiss obviously have an affinity for water.

And, as I learned on Princess' America's Cup Yacht Race Excursion in St. Marten, they are one of the few countries other than the US to win the America's Cup.

• 3 months later...
I'm still wondering if anyone has been on this tour or a similar one to Europe with Princess.

I had friends who did the "Imperial Treasures" cruisetour and they LOVED it. They still talk about it to this day... :) 'Course that cruisetour combines the tour with a Northern Europe cruise instead of a Med cruise.

I had friends who did the "Imperial Treasures" cruisetour and they LOVED it. They still talk about it to this day... :) 'Course that cruisetour combines the tour with a Northern Europe cruise instead of a Med cruise.

Thanks for the info. I was considering a land only tour next summer, but this sounds quite interesting!

• 3 months later...

We are on October Swiss Splendor land tour, October 10, 2014, before Regal Princess cruise, Oct. 17, 2014, and would like any reviews of anyone that has taken this land tour.

Edited by funtrips1

Anyone been on the Princess Swiss Splendor Land/Cruise?

DH and I took this tour last year and enjoyed it immensely. Everything was wonderful except for the tour-correlated ship . . . the STUPID Royal.

Our tour was subcontracted to Globus. The hotels were very comfortable and the included meals were, by and large, very good. We stayed in Grindelwald as opposed to Interlaken and I do not know if Princess is going to offer that again this year. The hotel in Grindelwald was wonderful.

I would do this tour again in a heartbeat as Switzerland is so beautiful, especially if connected to the Island Princess. Lovely ship!

GREAT tour. Enjoy it if you go.