To Those of you who have booked a cruise while on a cruise

I know RCCL offers a program where you can book a cruise at a better price if you book directly through them while on a cruise. Hubby and I are considering doing a Celebrity Zenith cruise this winter/spring.

Does anyone know could we get a discount if we book this cruise while we are on our Mariner of the Seas cruise this October? I thought maybe the booking deal would apply to Celebrity too since RCCL and Celebrity are owned by the same company- does anyone know?

It's not that you get a better price per se, but you get an onboard credit (the cruise price is the same - you don't get the benefit 'til you actually sail). The amount of credit depends on the length of the cruise. And yes, you can book a Celebrity cruise while on an RCCL cruise - I recently did it.

Michele

you don't necessarily get a better price, per se, on the cruise. It is the same as the price on the web, however you can choose what cabin you want AND you get onboard credit for that cruise. $50 for a short one, $100 for 7 nights and $200 for 10 nights (I think) and up. Gives you a bit of extra spending money. And yes, you can book Celebrity while on RCCL. We ALWAYS book onboard as the loyalty ambassador can quickly scan all the available cruises for the cabin we want (always on the stern) and tell us which dates are open. The booking number can be moved (should you want to move to a different date/ship/etc) and you still retain the onboard booking credit.

Hope this helps...

:D

I know RCCL offers a program where you can book a cruise at a better price if you book directly through them while on a cruise. Hubby and I are considering doing a Celebrity Zenith cruise this winter/spring.

Does anyone know could we get a discount if we book this cruise while we are on our Mariner of the Seas cruise this October? I thought maybe the booking deal would apply to Celebrity too since RCCL and Celebrity are owned by the same company- does anyone know?

I was able to book a Celebrity cruise while on RCCL in January. As others stated, you will get $100 credit, however, no balcony discount.

Here's a tip worth mentioning. If you get to know your C&A Ambassador onboard, and have worked with her/him but cannot find the exact cruise you want, ask them for a written "Onboard credit Certificate". Understand that you will need the one for the length of the trip that you are planning. Such as a $50.00 for short cruises, etc. This way you can still get your cabin credit, by sending the certificate to the person that finally books your cruise, ie either directly to RCCL or your TA. I have a $200.00 certificate in my hot hands as I write this.

I also did as RUBRRICK stated. I was on a Celebrity cruise in March 2005. I was looking to book a cruise in March 2007 but the schedule was not yet available. At I was looking for a 14 nighter, I was given a certificate for a $200.00 credit, which had an expiration date of July 31, 2005 on it. I booked my March 2007 cruise as soon as the prices were published (late June) and sent my certificate to my TA. I have confirmation in my hand that the $200.00 has been applied as a cabin credit on my "upcoming" cruise..in 19 months!

I got ripped. I could have a credit for my upcoming cruise.

If I were you, I would call Crown and Anchor and explain that you were not allowed to book your RCI cruise when you were on the Celebrity ship in May and perhaps they can offer you the credit. The policy didn't change, but apparently someone on the Celebrity ship was misinformed. If they told you that you couldn't do it, they probably told others, and the line may already be aware of the problem and be willing to make up for it if you inquire. The worst that can happen is that they say no, and you are already in that situation. Good luck. :)

Why Did We Not Know This When Crusing With You On The Mercury?

Marlene! Welcome to the thread! You could have asked, but we have been doing this since we started cruising with RCCL, and later when we found out that the process was to work for both RCCL and X. We start the process with the loyalty ambassador, to receive the credit, then turn the booking over to our TA to have him find the best cabin price, and then lock the price in. When we were with you last on the Mercury, we booked the same ship for next year. Our TA has the booking and will await for any price reductions, any of which has to be honored by the cruise line.;)

Rick

We have an upcoming cruise this October. Trying to understand how RCCL works their system since I'm sure it is different that Princess. On Princess you can put down just $100 and it is fully refundable within 4 years, so you don't need to know your future sailing at that time. We are talking about doing the Freedom in December of 2007, however that sailing is not yet out. What should we do so that we can get the proper credit. Also any guesses on when the Fall 2007 cruises will be released?

We have an upcoming cruise this October. Trying to understand how RCCL works their system since I'm sure it is different that Princess. We are talking about doing the Freedom in December of 2007, however that sailing is not yet out. What should we do so that we can get the proper credit. Also any guesses on when the Fall 2007 cruises will be released?

Discuss the situation with the Loyalty Ambassador when aboard. If you know the length of future cruise, ask for a certificate of that amount. It does not cost anything. See my previous post. Hope this helps.

Rick

• 2 weeks later...

You know how I am Sir Richard. Never pay attention. But, The Baron never skips a detail, financially. Will pay more attention on the Jewel when you are meeting with the Loyalty Ambassador, for our next cruise. Collect the coupons for us.

Marlene

Archived