Ruby - how often due they change the shows?

MaaDo

I was on the Ruby 1/23 and am planning to be back on her April 12th. I'm hoping they have different performances on the ship. Does anyone know how often they change the shows up? Landon Swank and once Upon A Dream were main shows in the theater.

I was on the Ruby 1/23 and am planning to be back on her April 12th. I'm hoping they have different performances on the ship. Does anyone know how often they change the shows up? Landon Swank and once Upon A Dream were main shows in the theater.

Main production shows 2-3 years.

The shows will be the same.

DW and I love to cruise but prefer variety in our cruising. So we go on many different cruise lines (14 to date) which helps avoid the repetition in shows and menus. Most of the mass market lines (like Princess) will keep their main shows for 2-3 years, so if you cruise the same line every year (or several times a year) you will likely see some of the same shows again and again and again. As to the so-called Guest Entertainers, that is really hit or miss. Some of these entertainers actually work on more then 1 cruise line so its possible you would see the same magician on Princess and perhaps one day on HAL. Other entertainers such as Perry Grant (a well known piano entertainer) have exclusive contracts with a single cruise line.

Hank

On the only Carnival cruise we have taken, the ship was about 7 years old. It had only one production show over the 7 days and it was the same one that was on the ship when it first sailed.

So it is not just Princess that keeps a production show going for several years.

We did back-to-back cruises on the Ruby in December. The comedian was different the second cruise, but the production shows were the same. The only difference was that we had a special show from the entertainers for Christmas. They still managed to fit in both production shows on that cruise.

Saying that Princess changes the shows every 2-3 years is being generous. Perhaps from ship to ship, but the shows stay in the fleet somewhere for much longer. For instance, "What a Swell Party" has been around since 2006.