My 2 Cents on the Carnival Sunshine

huntm

I apologize for posting a link here, but I do lots of research off these boards and I wanted to share my experience with you all. I have posted my review of our cruise on the Carnival Sunshine with lots of pictures here

I hope you all enjoy and hope it helps someone like you guys have helped me :)

Huntm, hi, loved your blog. We will be on the Sunshine in June. We booked 7 months back. Thanks for all the pics and information. I hope we have a wonderful time as you did. I was getting a little nervous reading past stuff on this ship. I feel better about my choice now. I know it will have more crowds in June but it is the only month we can make it.:)

Edited by rushwater7710

Thank you all! For those of you booked I hope you enjoy the Sunshine as much as we did! I booked private excursions for us in Jamaica and Grand Caymen that were the highlights of our trip. I will be blogging about them next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We will be on the Sunshine Feb 16. your review was what I was looking for to give me of what to expect. Thanks, I think you covered the ship good and not so good. What about the shows ???? Music ????

Thanks again great review

We will be on the Sunshine Feb 16. your review was what I was looking for to give me of what to expect. Thanks, I think you covered the ship good and not so good. What about the shows ???? Music ????

Thanks again great review

We only went to the Welcome Aboard show, Hasbro Game Show and the Family Friendly Comedy show enjoyed them all!

We were very low key and relaxing on this cruise so we didn't hang out much with the music and shows. Sorry I'm not much help in that department :(

Just back from the Sunshine. I have been avoiding shows on the past few cruises, because I was sick of the same old shows. The shows on the Sunshine were a 70's show, and Epic Rock. I really enjoyed them. Instead of having 2 "stars" all the entertainers had pretty equal parts. They were pretty good. The Epic Rock reminded me of the "Rock of Ages" movie.

The HAsbro Game show, while not really soimething I went out of my way to see, was actually fun to watch.

They had a group playing in the Ocean Plaza, usually the same theme as the show that night.. 70's...80's etc.

There was music in the Red Pug Bar most nights. Just one guy, but always good. Sort of like being at your corner bar....

The Comdey shows were good. But since the lounge is so small, they have the same show several times. But the Fun TImes notes when it is a repeat show, so you won't see the same show twice. (Unless you want to!)

After reading reviews on here for months, we were a little skeptical about the Sunshine, but once we got used to the layout of the ship, we really enjoyed it. We would sail on her again tomorrow!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I can't wait to try the pineapple chipotle martini in your honor! LOVE the doors, too, how cool are those?! I'm so glad you had a great time and had time to write your review. Great blog! And thank you for all you do for those preemies, our twins were in the nicu (born 33w1d) 18 and 21 days and we so appreciated everyone that cared for them in those "tiny" days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you, thank you, thank you!! I can't wait to try the pineapple chipotle martini in your honor! LOVE the doors, too, how cool are those?! I'm so glad you had a great time and had time to write your review. Great blog! And thank you for all you do for those preemies, our twins were in the nicu (born 33w1d) 18 and 21 days and we so appreciated everyone that cared for them in those "tiny" days.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you for the kind words! It is amazing how the tiniest of patients can touch your life the most :)

I hope you enjoy the Sunshine and those martini's as much as I did!

Who were the comedians on the Sunshine? We set sail this Sunday and would love to know!

Last week they were Mark Simmons, Caroline Pickard..And I will have to check my fun times when I get home for the names of the others. There were 2 on at the first of the cruise, then swapped out in port 3rd or 4th day for 2 new ones.

Thanks so much for the review! We'll be on the Sunshine in about 3 weeks, looking forward to it and I'm convinced that i'll love it too!!!

I tend to ignore the bad reviews and focus on the good ones, knowing that there will certainly be some things I don't like but overall I'm looking on the bright side - I'LL BE ON VACATION!!!! :)

Here is my review of Jamaica for those of you doing the same itinerary.

http://Http://www.whenshiphappens.com/blog/2014/02/Jamaica-Liberty-tours.html

Which of the excursions did you choose with Liberty?? There seems to be more than one that fits your review.

Thanks for the review!!

Which of the excursions did you choose with Liberty?? There seems to be more than one that fits your review.

Thanks for the review!!

I didn't choose just 1 off their website. If you are looking there I think the Irie Blue Hole + Lunch is the closest.

They will plan your day to fit YOU. I emailed them and we chose the itinerary that way.

I didn't choose just 1 off their website. If you are looking there I think the Irie Blue Hole + Lunch is the closest.

They will plan your day to fit YOU. I emailed them and we chose the itinerary that way.

OK...Thanks!!