hotels for precruise ft. lauderdale

That's easy. The Embassy Suites. But don't book directly with them. Use priceline/biddingfortravel.com. If it is not a busy time of the year, then you should be able to get it for about $60/night.

We booked the Ramada Inn Airport/Cruiseport. There is a free shuttle to and from airport too Inn and to cruise. Last shuttle is at 12:30 I think.

We have a non-smoking for total, with tax $116, free special breakfast, we booked it when I ordered the plane tickets (Delta Air).

It has just been newly remolded, so should be nice.

Jly

When I was patched through to get the room reservation, it was the day that one of the tropical storms/hurricanes was hitting the area, and when I asked to book a room, she was going "we don't have any!!!", she was so sorry and upset, yet very polite.

When I told her it was for Nov, she said it was the one nice thing that had happened to her all day. I felt so sorry for the people there.

curiousjly - Take it from a local, that's a nasty place in a nasty neighborhood. It has been reviewed on here and elsewhere many many times and everyone comes to the same conclusion, never again... And that's from those who could manage to stay the night, there are others couldn't take it and left soon after arriving! Yes, even after the so called "remodel"... You would be well advised to stay away from all of the State Road 84 motels.

The SE 17th Street area is much nicer, MUCH SAFER, and has many many shops, restaurants, and grocery stores within easy SAFE walking distance of the hotels.

If you're looking for a budget type hotel try the Holiday Inn Express... http://www.ichotelsgroup.com/h/d/ex/1/en/hd/fllcc

Extended Stay America... http://www.extendedstayamerica.com/hotels/fort-lauderdale-convention-center-marina.html

Or AmeriSuites... http://amerisuites.com/reservations/locationdetail.asp?facid=3929

Other hotels on SE 17th Street are the Renaissance... http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/FLLBR

Embassy Suites... http://www.embassysuites.com/en/es/hotels/index.jhtml?ctyhocn=FLLSOES

And Marina Marriott... http://marriott.com/property/propertypage/FLLFL

If you use Priceline or one of the discount sites you can get some of them for far less than the rack rate. And with those you can do FAR better than where you're at for a lot less money!!! Some have shuttles, some don't, but SE 17th Street is less than 10 minutes from the airport and just outside the entrance to Port Everglades so shuttles are really a non-issue as everything is so close and taxis are very inexpensive and far more convenient.

I second the recommendation to use biddingfortravel.com and priceline for this hotel. We stayed in the Marriott Harbor last summer for a land-based weekend trip, and had a wonderful experience - highly recommend this hotel. I think we paid around $125/night over July 4th weekend using priceline. Normally goes for a little cheaper. Another nice hotel is the Hyatt Pier 66, not oceanfront but still nice. Both very close to port - even though we weren't getting on them, we enjoyed watching the ships in port from our balcony!

:D Thanks to all for your input. Nothing worse than starting your vacation out in a dump on the wrong side of town.:eek:

We are traveling feb. 24-25 precruise. How soon or later to try for a hotel on bidding or priceline web site?:)

dogger13

curiousjly - Take it from a local, that's a nasty place in a nasty neighborhood. It has been reviewed on here and elsewhere many many times and everyone comes to the same conclusion, never again... And that's from those who could manage to stay the night, there are others couldn't take it and left soon after arriving! Yes, even after the so called "remodel"... You would be well advised to stay away from all of the State Road 84 motels.

Is this SR -848 or stirling road your talking about? I have a reservation at the Comfort in Cruise Port in FLL but I'm seeing it just of 95 and not 84. The cross street looks to be SR-848.

Reviews I've read on this hotel have been mixed. Most Comfort Inn's we've stayed at have been nice enough in not so bad neighborhoods. We don't get in until nearly 11 PM so all we need is a decent bed to sleep in. Since we don't have a car and won't be leaving the room, I'm not to worried about the neighborhood. I won't be out in it.

We have had only wonderful experiences with the Renaissance in FL. Bid on priceline this past May $75.00. February would be more expensive but I believe we got it a couple years ago for 99.00....You can bid on priceline now and see what comes up. Good Luck and happy cruising...:cool: Jill

Hyatt Pier 66 www.pier66.com was a great hotel for our precruise stay. Revolving rooftop lounge to have a drink and watch the sunset. Water taxi stop. Several restaurants on site. Several pools with jacuzzis. Nice, clean rooms. Internet rate was $325.00 per night. Priceline we got it 4* beach for $95.00 for the night. About 5 mins from the port. If you get a tower room you can wake up with a view of your ship.

Is this SR -848 or stirling road your talking about? I have a reservation at the Comfort in Cruise Port in FLL but I'm seeing it just of 95 and not 84. The cross street looks to be SR-848.

Reviews I've read on this hotel have been mixed. Most Comfort Inn's we've stayed at have been nice enough in not so bad neighborhoods. We don't get in until nearly 11 PM so all we need is a decent bed to sleep in. Since we don't have a car and won't be leaving the room, I'm not to worried about the neighborhood. I won't be out in it.

No, the nasty area I refer to is simply State Road 84, or SR-84... Your Comfort Inn on Stirling Road (technically that's in Hollywood, FL, but they call it "Cruise Port South") is a different area altogether and that area is nothing like the State Road 84 area.

We agree with Hyatt Pier 66. Have stayed there twice 2001 and 2004 and each stay was really nice. The second stay was right after the first of the year and we got it on priceline for 79.00 per night. Talked with others who were paying over $200.00 a night

Mike and Trish

No, the nasty area I refer to is simply State Road 84, or SR-84... Your Comfort Inn on Stirling Road (technically that's in Hollywood, FL, but they call it "Cruise Port South") is a different area altogether and that area is nothing like the State Road 84 area.

Thank goodness. Although I only need the room to catch 6 or 7 hours sleep before getting ready to leave on the cruise, I didn't want to compete for sleep with crack addicts popping off a few caps a block away.

Since I have a choice privledges card, I should have plenty of points to pay for the hotel, making it even cheaper than the $69/night I booked it for a few months back. With the added bonus of having hotel pick up and pier drop off, it should save me a few more dollars on transportation.

It depends on how long you're staying before you go on your cruise. I am only spending one night so I picked Best Western Marina Inn and Yacht Harbor. It has a shuttle that goes to the cruise terminal for free and you can see the ship from your room depending on which room you get. I paid a little below $100.00

fungirl28 - You might want to reconsider that decision. That's another one that's NOT a nice place, it's very run down. Here's a recent thread about it, there are several others if you want to do a search but they're all about the same... http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=202561&highlight=western+marina

Don't get hung up on "free" shuttles, they're not worth the trouble in most cases. If you stay in the SE 17th Street area it's so close to both Port Everglades and the airport that the cost of taxis is minimal.

I appreciate the information about the Ramada Inn.

What gets me, is that is the one the Delta Air recommended! After booking the tickets, they asked if I needed a hotel, and they said they had some good ones to recommend in that area.

Will check into cancelling it, shouldn't have any problem.

I don't mind paying a few dollars to get a shuttle from the airport to the hotel and then to the cruiseport. So, will check the suggestions out.

Jly

We had a nice 1 night precruise stay here in May. VERY new propoerty. We got the rate that included breakfast, and it was quite good. I needed to fax something back to my office, the front desk staff was very helpful and didn't charge me anything. We had a rental car so we didn't use the shuttles, but they had shuttles to/from airport and to port everglades.

Best of luck!

Volleymasha

Hampton Inn FLL Airport North was an excellent place with great staff & outstanding service. We stayed one night pre-cruise in May. Free shuttle from airport & to cruiseport and usual continental breakast fare (sausage biscuits, waffles, pastries, fruit, bagels, toast, cereal, milk, juice, coffee, etc.) I would not hesitate to stay again. Oh, and it was $89 for non smoking king. Good luck with your search.

DG you wont go wrong at the ES, plenty of spots to eat nearby and the hotel is typical of a nice Emb S. Not far from port either. However there are other spots on the beach that would be nice if you are there for 3 days and want to enjoy the sand & sea. Some of these have been mentioned already

Archived