Best Viewing at Port Everglades?

65 Gator

We will be arriving two days early for our trip on the Zuiderdam in a couple of weeks and will be staying at the Embassy Suites on 17th Street. I would like to get some photos and videos of the port and ships over the weekend. I am guessing the bridge may offer the best views but wonder if anyone on CC can offer other suggestions.

We used to walk to about the middle of the bridge.

When we are at the Embassy Suites we are usually on a very high floor facing the ocean and I get up early to view the ships as many of the ships arrive in the morning with all their lights on.

We have requested that but they will not tell us our location until check-in... Thanks for the input.

We will be arriving two days early for our trip on the Zuiderdam in a couple of weeks and will be staying at the Embassy Suites on 17th Street. I would like to get some photos and videos of the port and ships over the weekend. I am guessing the bridge may offer the best views but wonder if anyone on CC can offer other suggestions.

Will you have a car ?

Either the bridge or John U Lloyd State park. The park is on the Dania Beach side (south side) of the channel. The park only makes sense if you have a car. The bridge is best overall because it's got a higher vantage point.

Either the bridge or John U Lloyd State park. The park is on the Dania Beach side (south side) of the channel. The park only makes sense if you have a car. The bridge is best overall because it's got a higher vantage point.

I would suggest that the north side of the inlet, the fort lauderdale beach side, is a much better viewing point than the Dania side. Not only is it significantly closer for someone staying on 17th street but the actual vantage point, which counts the most, is the best from this location. The new research buildings erected due west at John U Lloyd have spoiled cruise ship views unfortunately until they are heading out the inlet. Also beach access is free except for having to pay metered parking. The walk out the beach/rocks for the good spot is a good 15 minutes however. Walking in sand is not fast or fun.

Had not planned on a car. We really just wanted to wander and I thought the bridge would give me the best view unless ES comes through with a room up high...

I don't think there's a room high enough to see the port. Take some water bottles & it shouldn't be too bad of a walk.

I don't think there's a room high enough to see the port. Take some water bottles & it shouldn't be too bad of a walk.

Yes there are. We usually see our ship come in and dock from our ES room. We request a higher floor.