Is the Splendor in Charleston and not in New York?

peternina

I was tracking the Splendor as I am getting on her on Thursday. My first thought was they were "seeking safe harbor" from the impending storm. However after calling Carnival it was explained there was an emergency and the Coast Guard could not evacuate so the ship went Charleston Harbor to evacuate. According to Carnival she should arrive on time in New York on Thursday. Phewwwww!!!!!

A major noreaster is threatening the East coast Wed into Thursday night. Depending on how the storm tracts, expect several inches of snow, rain, winds and power outages. Traveling on Wed and spending the night somewhere is highly suggested. Have a great cruise and get out of this terrible weather!

Prayers to the crew member.

Edited by Ocean Dancer

On the local NYC news they've been having live weather-related news items all morning...and a little while ago a reporter was outside mid-town, & you could see the whale tail in the distance behind her....in all the snow coming down. I hope everyone who's cruising today makes it safe & sound. ;)