Price Drop Reflection T/A

Cruzinram

We would be all over the Reflection if we were not on the Equinox in Dec which did most of these ports

There are still a lot of cabins left about 214

Cabins for total for the last 4 weeks

Reflection down 5 cabins this week

Reflection Jan24 Jan 30 Feb 8 Feb14

12 inside Guar Guar 1 Guar

11 Inside 3 5 5 5

10 Inside 26 15 15 24

09 Inside 18 17 17 14

08 Outside 12 13 13 13

7 outside Guar Guar 1 1

2d Balcony 3 0 0 Guar

2c Balcony 15 15 15 14

2B Balcony 26 22 25 7

2A Balcony 6 11 9 10

1C Balcony 15 15 15 15

1B Balcony 17 17 16 17

1A Balcony 5 4 10 5

SV Balcony 3 3 4 4

FV Balcony Guar Guar 1 1

C3 Balcony 24 24 28 26

C2 Balcony 16 20 18 19

C1 Balcony 2 2 3 5

A2 Balcony Guar Guar 7 10

A1 Balcony 11 10 13 16

S2 Suite 2 1 1 1

S1 Suite 2 2 3 3

AS Suite Guar Guar 3 6

cs suite 0 0 0 3

RS Suite 1 1 0 0

Totals 207 197 223 218

I had planned to wait until after final payment to book the Reflection. But then the prices just never dropped.

the balcony GTYs are now LOWER than the initial price I had for an inside GTY

Prices almost ALWAYS drop. The odds of me EVER booking before final payment is now effectively ZERO.

Online site prices for transatlantics are now Infinity $414pp, Eclipse $516pp, Equinox $542pp, Silhouette $630pp, Reflection $631pp.:eek:

Almost all have $100 OBC from the site, combinable with Celebrity's shareholder credit of $200 or $250. ;)

In November I did the Reflection for $449pp with $250 OBC by booking last minute, and STILL got dirt cheap flights from Choice Air. :cool:

Explain to me the benefits of booking early... :confused:

Edited by teecee60

I know! It feels like gambling and there is a reason I don't gamble; I like sure things! I had planned to wait until after final payment to book the Reflection. But then the prices just never dropped. I booked last year's Silhouette spring TA before final payment for a great price. I guess I got afraid this would be the year/cruise that the prices just never went down and then I'd be cursing myself that I hadn't booked.

But the prices are so crazy! I specifically booked the inside GTY because I figured if balconies dropped into my price range I could upgrade. Well, if I hadn't been vigilant about monitoring the inside price drops I would NOT have been able to upgrade because the balcony GTYs are now LOWER than the initial price I had for an inside GTY booked!

Sigh. Now all I have to do is wait (I hate waiting) and hope I don't end up staring straight at the lifeboats in a 2D.

But we will see you on board!

Helen,

Good luck and hopefully you will not get a 2D since I think those cabins are all but gone. Please Post here on how you came out.

PS If you have been following the Reflection TA thread you will probably not want to post anything about price drops there as it appears there may be some people easily offended and totally overreacting to any conversation about cabin savings. :eek:

BTW, Are you the one who mentioned that this would be your first inside guarantee?

That didnt last long. lol:D

Anne

Anne, no I won't mention pricing on the Roll Call! But I think my situation isn't what upsets them....it seems people who want to pick a particular cabin and are happy with the price at the time they booked get ruffled when it seems to them that the people who are willing to wait until after final payment are implying they were stupid. I'm not saying anyone in either camp is "wrong." The situations are completely different, IMHO.

Obviously I must fall somewhere in the middle because I was too chicken to wait until after final payment (still on my Bucket List!) yet also monitored price drops while I could.

You are correct, I was initially going to try an inside. That was when the prices for balconies were out of my price range. I sort of had my heart set on being on Deck 3 and when I got my assignment on Deck 8....AND saw the balcony GTY was about the same as my inside cabin....decided there was no reason to "tough it out" in an inside. Apologies in advance for my wording...I'm only talking about my situation; I realize many people are very happy with insides!

And I really think I would have been one of them. However, if the price for a balcony isn't much more then I'd rather have the balcony.

I'm still monitoring the prices, only to take notes, to see what a balcony cabin finally comes to rest at so for my next one (I'm told X will be releasing the spring 2015 TAs in March) I'll hopefully be brave enough to wait until after final!

Hi Anne & Helen

We're also on the same April Reflection T/A. I've been monitoring prices and they have dropped significantly recently although they are still slightly higher than we paid but I'm holding out hope. We noticed a drop back last year after we booked and got the adjustment and at the moment they are approx £100 more for a C3 cabin.

In the UK our final payment if you booked direct with Celebrity isn't until the end of this month so we have approx 12 days still to monitor. I'm looking at the suite guarantee at the moment as although it's more expensive than our C3, it has come down approx £2k! But we chose our cabin for a reason and with the suite guarantee we never know what we'll be allocated. We have done a suite GTY once and luckily were allocated an S2 at the back of the ship which was fantastic but the noise from the Oceanview above was a pain. My parents were allocated an S2 too but not at the back and below the galley so noise from there too.

So we're just debating whether to take the chance and risk a potentially noiser room compared to what we have booked. But I also note there are no S2 left at the moment so could luck out and get an S1 or above. But then most prob they will upgrade someone out of an S2 and put us there.

So we'll either stick with our C3 or take the chance and upgrade. Just waiting for our PCS to come back and let us know the price (as we have flights/hotel booked through Celebrity too).

See you onboard.

The sea site will only show up to 15 cabin per class per deck,

There maybe better sites out there but this is easiest one to use that I know of:D

I've been comparing that site with the one that runs the price drop feature here on CC. That site shows a total of 15 cabins for CAT 10 while the sea site shows 24 cabins (shows a lot more on deck 8). Of course the Celebrity site itself usually limits cabin listings to only 4 when making a booking.

It would be interesting to find out the algorithm that Celebrity uses to assign GTY cabins.

I've been comparing that site with the one that runs the price drop feature here on CC. That site shows a total of 15 cabins for CAT 10 while the sea site shows 24 cabins (shows a lot more on deck 8). Of course the Celebrity site itself usually limits cabin listings to only 4 when making a booking.

It would be interesting to find out the algorithm that Celebrity uses to assign GTY cabins.

I have read many comments that the 'other' site only shows 15 cabins per class, but I have seen 24 or more showing on multiple occasions. I think it's pretty accurate and I've been using it for tracking for years. Without it or something like it, I would never have the guts to hold out past final payment date since I would have no idea how many cabins were remaining.

As to the algorithm, that's easy--it's a dartboard!

Helen and Missminnie,

Good luck to all of us (and everyone else posting on this thread) in ending up in the cabins we want! Or if not, at least saving alot of money to use for other purposes. There is something to be said for that, too. Personally, I may go to Paris for a few days after the cruise with the money I saved, so no matter what, that isnt a bad thing. IMO.:D

See you onboard!

Anne

Helen and Missminnie,

Good luck to all of us (and everyone else posting on this thread) in ending up in the cabins we want! Or if not, at least saving alot of money to use for other purposes. There is something to be said for that, too. Personally, I may go to Paris for a few days after the cruise with the money I saved, so no matter what, that isnt a bad thing. IMO.:D

See you onboard!

Anne

Anne, I don't know if you've been to Paris before or what kind of hotel you'd like. But last year we scored a GREAT deal using Hotwire at Le Meridien, $114 DOLLARS.

If this had been our first trip to Paris, or some romantic occasion, I would not have chosen this hotel, since it's large and impersonal and has none of the Parisian charm most people are looking for. But it's a very nice hotel, all of the amenities, and in a decent area. It's like a convention hotel in the states.

Our favorite hotel, Des Grands Hommes, was 376 EUROS for the same period so the decision was easy. Plus, two of our favorite restaurants are in the next block which was a bonus.

If you're interested in trying to figure out the 'secret' Hotwire hotels, let me know. I was able to determine what hotel it was going to be before I booked which took all the scariness out.

Cathy

Anne, I don't know if you've been to Paris before or what kind of hotel you'd like. But last year we scored a GREAT deal using Hotwire at Le Meridien, $114 DOLLARS.

If this had been our first trip to Paris, or some romantic occasion, I would not have chosen this hotel, since it's large and impersonal and has none of the Parisian charm most people are looking for. But it's a very nice hotel, all of the amenities, and in a decent area. It's like a convention hotel in the states.

Our favorite hotel, Des Grands Hommes, was 376 EUROS for the same period so the decision was easy. Plus, two of our favorite restaurants are in the next block which was a bonus.

If you're interested in trying to figure out the 'secret' Hotwire hotels, let me know. I was able to determine what hotel it was going to be before I booked which took all the scariness out.

Cathy

Hi cathy,

Could you please give me your email address or email me at ptrpanpens at aol dot com so we can discuss off the boards?

Thanks

Anne

Just thought I'd come back and say that we've received our cabin assignment! We're in a 1C, cabin 8327. No 2D, thank goodness! So I'm happy about that!

But for my next spring TA...balcony GTY is now the same price my original inside GTY was. Prices definitely came down after final so I'm going to wait next time!

Just thought I'd come back and say that we've received our cabin assignment! We're in a 1C, cabin 8327. No 2D, thank goodness! So I'm happy about that!

But for my next spring TA...balcony GTY is now the same price my original inside GTY was. Prices definitely came down after final so I'm going to wait next time!

Excellent! So good to know they are not just assigning the lowest category!

Congratulations Helen. Good going. :)

I am continuing to monitor the prices....hopefully trying to learn something for a future TA. At first, as I would have thought, the prices dropped after final payment. So I was able to upgrade to a balcony from my inside GTY. However, it looks like the drop only held for a few days and then the balcony GTY disappeared for two days, only to reappear once at an even lower price for one day. The very next day the prices went up substantially! Now the cheapest balcony is a C2 for twice what I paid!

ARGH!

It sounds like it is a very narrow window you have to jump into from a fast train. No sure what I've "learned" or what I'll do next year!

Given the sudden spike in prices in all categories as of today, has this sailing basically sold out then? Or will there likely be a reshuffle later to free up more lower category cabins at a similar price?

I only became aware of this sailing last weekend, when the prices were at the rock-bottom low they've been all week. Came here and saw this thread; read the posts that suggested there were still 200+ cabins available at the time. Was considering the X guarantees, but hesitant to pay the difference from an inside to wind up with a lifeboat view (2D), so decided a Z guarantee was good enough. When the Tuesday sale came and went with the inside prices unchanged and the balconies not dropping to the advertised rate, though, I decided to wait a little longer. Balconies finally dropped yesterday (the day after the sale), and I thought maybe this would be the new price norm for a while.

Now today, as mentioned, the prices have shot up across the board. The other TAs seem pretty stable for now, so I'm unclear if this is just an inevitable fare bounceback after a big sale, or if they actually sold out their excess inventory with the last price drop and are done now?

The thing to do is monitor the number of cabins available. If there are plenty left the prices will likely come back down. It is a very difficult game to know when to jump at a seemingly good price.

That's the key!

There are over 150 cabins left on Infinity, so balconies are down to $649pp.

There are UNDER 100 cabins left on Silhouette so balconies are over $1,000pp.

If cabins continue to sell at current prices, no deals.

If sales stall, prices will drop. ;)

There does seem to be some weirdness going on with this TA. The pricing in Euros is less than USD, which is very rare. And the number of cabins listed on the Celebrity web site is less than other sites - again, unusual. There are a number of C2 and A1 cabins left, but otherwise it does seem to be fairly well sold. Someone could have bought a whole bunch of cabins at once causing this - you just never know.

Edited by kemenyg