RCL Website Down

Can one of you help me please? I just clicked on the Royal link in my favorites (I use Firefox) and what pops up is "DivxPlus Webplayer & then it asks me to click on upgrade to install. I haven't because I have no idea what it is but the picture looks like a Caribbean screen with waves & islands in the background. do any of you know what this might be?

Muriel

Can one of you help me please? I just clicked on the Royal link in my favorites (I use Firefox) and what pops up is "DivxPlus Webplayer & then it asks me to click on upgrade to install. I haven't because I have no idea what it is but the picture looks like a Caribbean screen with waves & islands in the background. do any of you know what this might be?

Muriel

Take a skip on that download. I'm using Chrome which will decode an embedded MP4 file on its own.

Basically, they have the site down for now. You are seeing one image of a looping video file.

Muriel

Sounds like some sort of hijack attack. You did the right thing by not allowing anything to install. I would not use the link in your favorites. Just type http://www.royalcaribbean.com in your browser address page. Also, the site is down for me now.

Sounds like some sort of hijack attack. You did the right thing by not allowing anything to install. I would not use the link in your favorites. Just type http://www.royalcaribbean.com in your browser address page. Also, the site is down for me now.

Hopefully they're uploading all of 2015-2016 season. (wishful thinking) :D

That's not a hijack in this case. That's the browser going "Hey I can't play this, but if you load this, I can." I'd still skip on it though.

Sounds like some sort of hijack attack. You did the right thing by not allowing anything to install. I would not use the link in your favorites. Just type www.royalcaribbean.com in your browser address page. Also, the site is down for me now.

when you click on the above link it goes to the same thing I was seeing. thanks for all the replies everyone. If I can't get in tomorrow I'll can. I just wanted to book another cruise that I saw earlier today on their site

Muriel

Went on royal web site just now 8:04 PM EST and got a black screen stating Oops Royal Caribbean website is on vacation call a vacation planner. How can I call a planner when I can't see what is available for future cruising?? Has this ever happen before and does it take long for Royal to fix it?

Went on royal web site just now 8:04 PM EST and got a black screen stating Oops Royal Caribbean website is on vacation call a vacation planner. How can I call a planner when I can't see what is available for future cruising?? Has this ever happen before and does it take long for Royal to fix it?

yes, we're all getting the same message. There web page has been acting up all week.

I was able to get on this afternoon and snagged a $220 price drop..for our Aug 31st cruise......:D. The D1 balconies were going for less than the D2, D3 or even the E1's?????

I stayed on hold with them for 20 min but I wanted to be sure I got the deal in case it was a glitch.....:o

Yippee for me!!!!

I was able to get on this afternoon and snagged a $220 price drop..for our Aug 31st cruise......:D. The D1 balconies were going for less than the D2, D3 or even the E1's?????

I stayed on hold with them for 20 min but I wanted to be sure I got the deal in case it was a glitch.....:o

Yippee for me!!!!

I booked this afternoon. The balcony we wanted was 40% lower than yesterday. I booked over the phone with a Royal rep and did get a confirmation but my booking is not showing on my account. Now the price is back up I hope they have to honor my price ! :eek: