Oasis Photo Review – All Dining and Drinks Menus - Daily Programs

Took a look inside Dazzles before retiring. This is a rather impressive two-storey lounge with a wonderful view through a huge decorative window over the boardwalk to the stern. They don’t give this lounge the prominence it deserves. Could be rather nice to have afternoon tea in there. Potential revenue stream if they made it an “Elegant Tea”?

By day.

DAZZLES1001_zpsfb3692ff.jpg

By night.

ICEANDFLOW195_zps16a17b7b.jpg

Very good band played.

ICEANDFLOW201_zps13d247e4.jpg

Sometimes a DJ provided music for dancing.

oasisday2033_zps65c41d60.jpg

Edited by megacruiser

Thanks for sharing your review, pictures, and menus. Just over two months from going on the Allure again. Also, brought back the good memories that I had from the Oasis.

Looking forward to hearing the rest.

One tip I should have passed on about the Ice Show. I nomally sit in one of the side sections rather than the middle. However this time because I was trying to get photos, I was more aware of the extent to whch the show is performed predominantly to the audience facing the front. Each section does get to see all the action but I now realise for sure that the middle section gets to see more of it from an optimum angle. So get there early as it does fill up faster than the sides. :)

megacruiser

Hello again caneguy. A very discerning contributor you are! Yes the fish was excellent.

Thanks for you positive comment on my photos. 95% of the shots were taken on my Fuji X100. It is a 12MP fixed lens (no zoom) camera. No flash was used for any photo in this review. Its biggest asset is it's low light usability. Just a cautionary note before everyone rushes to buy one, this is not a point and shoot camera really. It takes a lot of time to learn to use it and the autofocus is temporamental, so every shot I took was manually focussed.

The other 5% were taken on a Nikon D5200 DSLR with wide-angle or zoom lenses. It's much bulkier than the Fuji so only took it out very occasionally, like in Labadee. As for process, I am a beginner so didn't want to spend too much on Lightroom or Photoshop, so got Corel Paintshop Pro which is much cheaper. Even that has got far more adjustment options than I ever intend to discover.

Best regards

megacruiser

Hello Megacruiser,

Looked up the Fuji X100, some camera!! F2 lens. I just upgraded to a Nikon D7100 a while ago. Just bought a .43x lens for extra wide angle shots to use on the ship. When you have time, look into Lightroom. Easy to learn the basic tools to really ungrade the quality of a picture (need to shoot in RAW for best results). Keep up this great review, I am learning alot from both the text and your pictures!!

Caneguy

Megacruiser, I am really enjoying your review. We just disembarked yesterday from the Oasis on the Western Caribbean itinerary. I really wanted to have pictures of the MDR menus, but didn't get them, so I'm delighted to see you've posted them here! Did you order the coffee table book offered with all the recipes? I'm not seeing the Day 3 menu...did I miss something in the narrative that would explain that?

Like you, we consider the ports of call as mere "punctuations" to the cruise experience. In fact, we didn't even get off the ship in Labadee. It was much more enjoyable to watch the water sports and activities from a mostly-empty Windjammer! In Falmouth and Cozumel, we simply got off the ship and did a little shopping at the port - an hour or two at most. The ship IS the destination, as far as we are concerned.

Megacruiser, I am really enjoying your review. We just disembarked yesterday from the Oasis on the Western Caribbean itinerary. I really wanted to have pictures of the MDR menus, but didn't get them, so I'm delighted to see you've posted them here! Did you order the coffee table book offered with all the recipes? I'm not seeing the Day 3 menu...did I miss something in the narrative that would explain that?

Like you, we consider the ports of call as mere "punctuations" to the cruise experience. In fact, we didn't even get off the ship in Labadee. It was much more enjoyable to watch the water sports and activities from a mostly-empty Windjammer! In Falmouth and Cozumel, we simply got off the ship and did a little shopping at the port - an hour or two at most. The ship IS the destination, as far as we are concerned.

Hello TequilaToo,

Thank you so much for highlighting the menu error. I can't believe I put Day 4 when it should be Day 3, so yes it is in fact on this page. The actual Day 4 menu will be uploaded tomorrow, although I was at 150 Central Park that night and oh, what a meal that was! As for the recipe book, I have one here called Carte du Jour, which everyone who goes to the Chef's Table receives as a gift before leaving. Not sure if that's the one as I haven't had a chance to read it yet. I should have mentioned that gift at that time. So much to include, omissions will inevitably occur.

Today I am going to put up lots of photos as part of my Deck 5 review, before returning to Day 4 tomorrow.

Many thanks again.

megacruiser

Thank you so much for highlighting the menu error. I can't believe I put Day 4 when it should be Day 3, so yes it is in fact on this page. The actual Day 4 menu will be uploaded tomorrow, although I was at 150 Central Park that night and oh, what a meal that was! As for the recipe book, I have one here called Carte du Jour, which everyone who goes to the Chef's Table receives as a gift before leaving. Not sure if that's the one as I haven't had a chance to read it yet. I should have mentioned that gift at that time. So much to include, omissions will inevitably occur.

Ahhhh, that explains it! Wonderful! I'll be watching for the rest of your review. It definitely helps to "extend" the experience, rehashing it all, and looking forward to the next cruise. I think Carte du Jour may be the book that was placed on our table for ordering. We didn't purchase it, but I see it is available elsewhere, so perhaps we can obtain a copy after all.

Edited by TequilaToo

MegaC,

Not to be a nag, but did you post the Day 3 MDR Menu?

Not that am I'm counting :-), but we seemed to skip from Day 2 to 4.

Thanks much.

Hi lgonquin,

This has been raised already, please see my reply in post 134. I intend to post every menu for the main dining room, and for 150 Central Park, Chops Grille, Giovanni's Table, Izumi, Solarium Bistro and Seafood Shack.

megacruiser

I almost passed by your review. I expected the same pictures and comments that seem to appear in all the Oasis/Allure reviews. Glad I reconsidered and looked into your post. Your pictures show different areas of the ship and are from different angles. Your comments seem realistic and specific and offer good advice for future cruisers.

We are still on the fence regarding the mega ships but you have lessened our fear of overcrowding.

Looking forward to the rest of your review.

Thanks for sharing.

Deck 5

Before continuing with the day-by-day review let’s pause and have a look what Deck 5 has to offer.

Day4Interiors055_zps4da7a4fc.jpg

Opus 5 MyTime Dining is all the way aft, to the left. The Opal Theatre upper level is all the way forward to the right.

I will guide you along the Royal Promenade and back again. I will start at Guest Services near the Rising Tide bar on the left hand side of the plan and work my way down the port side to On Air at the forward elevators, then return up the starboard side to the Champagne Bar near the aft elevators.

Day5Oasis008_zps957fc241.jpg

The trademark "car on the prom" looking aft to Regalia, Guest Services and Cafe Promenade.

Day4Interiors032_zps39efb231.jpg

Guest Relations

CafePromenade_zps421c1889.jpg

Cafe Promenade

BoradwalkandSnacks009_zps71abfcd9.jpg

Favourite afternoon snack from Café Promenade

Ham, cheese and tomato croissant. They seem to have been around forever, as I had my first one on the Voyager in the last millennium! Still why change a wining formula when they are still as delicious as ever. It's the moistness that makes them so good. Oh, and a choc chip cookie… ;)

Next is a view from above the Globe and Atlas across to Sorrento’s opposite and along the promenade forward. Note the borrowed daylight from Central Park, three stories above. It floods in though the abstract shaped glass protrusions that are like elongated triangular dipyramids; well that is my best guess anyway… if you know what shape they are, please do tell!

Day5Oasis018_zps9dc13bea.jpg

SHOPSONPROMENADE_zpse5abd60b.jpg

Shops between the pub and On Air

DSCF5359_zps42a0603d.jpg

On Air Karaoke bar

DSCF5608_zpsda2e50b4.jpg

A very popular venue, perhaps should be bigger?

I have heard a lot of questions about Coke Freestyle Machines. They are just beside the forward elevators on the starboard side. I also saw them in the Windjammer.

DSCF5029_zpsa2257737.jpg

DSCF5642_zpsb011de3a.jpg

The illuminaated panel changes to allow your selection to be made.

JanFeb14090_zps9ce4c8d9.jpg

Boleros Latin Bar

BOLEROSART_zps87b1d2c0.jpg

It often seemed to be in use for Art Auctions...

STARBUCKSPROMFROMDIAMOND_zpsadbc1301.jpg

In the middle of the Promenade between On Air and Boleros is a Starbucks Coffee franchise.

Starbucks_zpsd7f60617.jpg

Their staff tried to stop me taking photos of it!

DSCF5295_zps6637170c.jpg

Maybe it was the prices they don’t want folk at home to see? :confused:

Fountains below Rising Tide Bar. During daytime it mostly remains parked on the Central Park access level.

risingtidehalflong_zps1a538f19.jpg

Going down

risingtidehalfside_zps651480f1.jpg

Keep going

CARANTIDE_zps79062507.jpg

Almost there

TIDEDOWNPOUR_zps45aa902f.jpg

A variety of fountain displays appear at various times. How do they achieve that downpour? :confused:

Deck5Joggingtrack_zps8ffd52a8.jpg

Outdoors there is a jogging track and it is good to see one that completely surrounds the main body of the ship.

DSCF4827_zps97dc970b.jpg

Words of encouragement to joggers

Tomorrow I will return to the day-by-day review - my first visit to Falmouth and the best meal ever at sea... Thanks for following along if i haven't bored you to death yet - don't worry, there is still plenty of time for that. :D

Anyway if you are enjoying reading the review or looking at the photos, please do let me know. Otherwise I fear that this might be the biggest waste of time ever?... :confused:

megacruiser