Oasis Photo Review – All Dining and Drinks Menus - Daily Programs

Cozumel was the final port today. It always seems to be a busy port. Serenade of the Seas was docked beside us again.

NikonConstellationOasis029_zps74dc3e3a.jpg

I had been here several times before and it made as big an impression on me this time as before - none. For those like me who prefer just to have a stroll around at the various ports rather than take excursions, this place has little to offer. Unless you like the same old jewellery and duty free shops seen throughout the Caribbean. Even the immediate environs of the port terminal are not well laid out and chaotic. I got as far as the taxi rank and headed back to the ship.

Over at the more distant pier was Caribbean Princess.

NikonConstellationOasis020_zps320ec07c.jpg

I took a couple of snaps of Oasis.

NikonConstellationOasis018_zpsffeccd2b.jpg

Unfortunately she seems to be designed to berth on the starboard side and as it would appear that larger vessels dock on the left hand side of this pier, she was berthed facing the wrong way to get a decent photo....

NikonConstellationOasis024_zpsb7cd9305.jpg

I was in Cozumel the following week on Constellation and it was a shot similar to this I had wanted to get…

NikonConstellationOasis144_zps822f5d8d.jpg

Back on board it was a pretty lazy day, if you call walking miles round the ship lazy. Still, more photos to be taken, particularly of drinks menus. The usual visit to the dreaded Windjammer rewarded me with a couple of Oriental Stir Fry dishes that were quite tasty. Not for the first time did a very pleasant waitress approach me as I was finishing my food to tempt me to one of the ice creams she had on a tray… just nice to finish the meal…

My customary afternoon nap followed and it was needed, as it was to be a late show tonight in the theatre for “Come Fly With Me”. Prior to that I would be dining at Giovanni’s Table so I will post the main dining room menu here at this point.

SCAN0007_zps78e8c8aa.jpg

SCAN0008_zpscbb8c54b.jpg

Details and photos of both my meal and the show will follow tomorrow.

Looking so forward to more! How was the weather while you were here? I saw on the Day 1 compass that it was in high 60s, seems a bit cold!

I am practically planning my cruise activities around your review so thank you!!

Right now in Ohio it is 19 degrees with a wind chill of 7...so I could take the "cold" of the 60's right about now! ;-)

I was on the Oasis in January with friends, we had a fabulous time, loved the ship. I took lots of pictures with my little point & shoot, your pictures are way better. I'm saving some and adding to my album. Great review.

Gayle

Thanks for commenting. I am flattered that you have saved some of my photos.

Regards

megacruiser

Great review. Wondering if you had a menu of the Samba Grill? Trying to decide where wife and I want to eat one night and couldn't find a menu on this restaurant on previous reviews.

I know this has been answered... Oasis has Solarium Bistro instead that has table service at night. I do have the menu, which I will post in due course.

Regards

megacruiser

I'm enjoying your pictures.

Thanks for the pic of the jogging track.

Do you have any of their Gym?

I wasn't sure when I read some of the other threads- do you know if their Starbucks also uses Starbucks Giftcards or do they only accept the Seapass form of payment?

Sorry no pictures inside the gym as explained later. I didn't use Starbucks because I had free use of Diamond Lounge coffee machine.

Regards

megacruiser

Great review ! ! ! Thank you for taking the time to do it... the photos are fantastic ! ! !

We are sailing on Oasis for the first time in October (westbound Transatlantic) and look forward to enjoying the many 25 hour sailing days.

Glad you like the photos and thanks for commenting. I am not ruling out another trip on Oasis in September or October but single price are quite high at present.

Regards

megacruiser

Great review and pictures! We're sailing Oasis in 60 days and counting...been on Allure but love reading these reviews as we wait for our own sail date. Helps the time pass and gets us acquainted with ship and locations of various venues beforehand. Thanks for taking the time, I'll be following along till the end!

Thanks johnstoc13,

Very good of you to say so.

Much appreciated

megacruiser

It's reviews like this that make me never post one...mine could never live up to this one!!!! Well done! :D

PS: Following!

PSS: Even though I've been on Oasis & Allure before you have taught me a few new things!

Hello Tennessee_Cruiser,

That is very kind of you to say. Thanks so much for taking the time to give feedback and saying that you are Following!

Regards

megacruiser

Definitely following...one of the best reviews ever...I am making so many notes for our upcoming cruise on May 10th!!

Thank you sooooo much for all your effort. I can barely keep a small personal journal up to date when I cruise so how you can do this is mind boggling!!

We have the Allure booked for this Sept and am so glad we booked the Oasis for this May last week as well..cause I don't think we could see and do all this class of ship has to offer in just one trip.

Edited by crusinpeg

The prices look about the same as the Starbucks right around the corner from my house in suburban Philadelphia!

STARBUCKSPROMFROMDIAMOND_zpsadbc1301.jpg

In the middle of the Promenade between On Air and Boleros is a Starbucks Coffee franchise.

Starbucks_zpsd7f60617.jpg

Their staff tried to stop me taking photos of it!

DSCF5295_zps6637170c.jpg

Maybe it was the prices they don’t want folk at home to see? :confused:

Leaving in less than 2 weeks on the oasis with the same itinerary. We have been on oasis last August but I still am getting even more excited about our upcoming trip after reading your review. Your pics bring everything back to life from our cruise. We didn't take many pics of the ship when we were on board last August, so it is nice reading your comments and seeing all the lovely pics. Particularly on this snow and ice covered day while snuggled on the couch. The kids are joining us this trip and making it a completely different trip than last. They have also enjoyed seeing your great pics. Thanks again for the great review and all the hard work you have put into this. Looking forward to reading more!

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Your link was posted on our Roll Call for April 5th sailing. I have been going page by page and loving all of it. I have learned that my cabin is in a good spot, the beef sandwiches at Park Cafe are a must, love the deck 11 secret balcony and so much more. Our TA gave us a dinner at Chops but may just want to not use it after the review which I appreciate the honesty of. There is so much food on board why waste a night with lousy food. I am continuing to follow and am thrilled with what I have read so far. Thank you, thank you.

Your link was posted on our Roll Call for April 5th sailing. I have been going page by page and loving all of it. I have learned that my cabin is in a good spot, the beef sandwiches at Park Cafe are a must, love the deck 11 secret balcony and so much more. Our TA gave us a dinner at Chops but may just want to not use it after the review which I appreciate the honesty of. There is so much food on board why waste a night with lousy food. I am continuing to follow and am thrilled with what I have read so far. Thank you, thank you.

Hello Hul13,

I am so grateful for the feedback and especially that you posted a link on your roll call. The more folk who read my review the happier I am! :)

If the dinner at Chops is at no cost to you, I would consider going and either upgrading to the Aged Steak or try something other than steak. Sounds silly I know to go to a Steak House and avoid the steak. :D Maybe one of the other items on the menu would appeal to you. The place does have a nice atmosphere and the service was good. Just a thought.

Thanks again.

megacruiser