Fair to not receive Crown & Anchor points?

RoyalC

they absolutely can change the program but it's silly to award points to someone that didn't sail ... that's all I was trying to say. Points are awarded AFTER someone sails.

That's actually another good point not previously mentioned. If you accept the argument that he should get the points for PAYING rather than for actually cruising, then the next logical argument becomes "hey, I'm 4 points from Diamond and I'm now paid in full for my next cruise, so I want the points NOW so I'll have my Diamond privileges by the time I board."

Sent from my Galaxy S4 via Tapatalk

they absolutely can change the program but it's silly to award points to someone that didn't sail ... that's all I was trying to say. Points are awarded AFTER someone sails.

I get remarried. my husband becomes D+ and has never sailed. that's silly!! A whole lotta silly goes on at Royal sometimes!!;)

At least the other guy went into his wallet to get some points!!

Now-I wonder if I dump second husband after that cruise that gets him is D+ status-does he keep it!!:eek::confused:

Remember when diamonds got kicked out of the CL. Where do you think I got the figure and thought!!!;) Those same diamonds are spending away to get back in and lordy lou-could it happen again!!:eek:

I guess RCI has done something right with the program. They have figured out how to get at least some people to go chasing points. That is all some people around here seem to care, or talk, about. Sometimes it makes me wonder how much they even like cruising. It is all about the points!:rolleyes:

:eek: Damn, I want some of your luck! 4 times in a row? That must be some kind of record! Are you a distant relative of Adam's or something? :what:

When you are paying for a family to cruise every year and are D+ I guess they like to upgrade. They're also more likely to sell a balcony room last minute vs. a js/gs. Upgrades happen so much its crazy. The one I have booked in March I have gone from a d1-->js-->gs-->os in less than 2 weeks because of demand for other cabins.

I get remarried. my husband becomes D+ and has never sailed. that's silly!! A whole lotta silly goes on at Royal sometimes!!;)

At least the other guy went into his wallet to get some points!!

Now-I wonder if I dump second husband after that cruise that gets him is D+ status-does he keep it!!:eek::confused:

I'm going to argue strongly that's NOT silly at all. If they didn't allow your new husband D+ privileges, then they're essentially denying yours, because I'm going to assume that you're not going to take advantage of the free lounges, additional breakfast/lunch venues etc. alone while telling him to go fend for himself.

And he has his own C&A number which is linked to yours. If you split up, he reverts to his actual earned status as soon as you unlink his account.

I'm going to argue strongly that's NOT silly at all. If they didn't allow your new husband D+ privileges, then they're essentially denying yours, because I'm going to assume that you're not going to take advantage of the free lounges, additional breakfast/lunch venues etc. alone while telling him to go fend for himself.

And he has his own C&A number which is linked to yours. If you split up, he reverts to his actual earned status as soon as you unlink his account.

My first paragraph was silly but just pointed out how some people did not pay one thin dime to get some loyalty perks so it does happen.

I'd love to do some research and find in writing that second husband gets dumped he then gets demoted !!;) [what a kick in the @$$:eek::D] If you have your own number-how would they know??? I don't think you are linked when you have your own number but I admit-what do I know.:confused:

I guess RCI has done something right with the program. They have figured out how to get at least some people to go chasing points. That is all some people around here seem to care, or talk, about. Sometimes it makes me wonder how much they even like cruising. It is all about the points!:rolleyes:

I am very goal-oriented and I sometimes get so caught up in it that I forget WHY I set the goal in the first place. For example, after becoming "addicted" to CC, I set my goal at reaching Diamond Plus. I'm betting the same is true for other "point chasers."

We booked our December 2013 cruise because we "assumed" Diamonds in December would give us triple points which would put us only 14 points from Diamond Plus so we also booked a June 2014 cruise. I was so disappointed when DIA was not held

.... until I came to my senses and realized that there are very few extra benefits at that level since we choose to always book grand suites. I'm no longer chasing and just enjoying every day I can be at sea.

Hoppy

When you are paying for a family to cruise every year and are D+ I guess they like to upgrade. They're also more likely to sell a balcony room last minute vs. a js/gs. Upgrades happen so much its crazy. The one I have booked in March I have gone from a d1-->js-->gs-->os in less than 2 weeks because of demand for other cabins.

Wow, d1-->js-->gs-->os in less than 2 weeks is crazy, you're right! Good for you though, as you say, paying for a family every year and having attained D+, its nice that they treat you so well. :)

My first paragraph was silly but just pointed out how some people did not pay one thin dime to get some loyalty perks so it does happen.

I'd love to do some research and find in writing that second husband gets dumped he then gets demoted !!;) [what a kick in the @$$:eek::D] If you have your own number-how would they know??? I don't think you are linked when you have your own number but I admit-what do I know.:confused:

Actually, there was a thread on here where someone's husband had inherited her D+ status when they married. She was now divorcing him and furious that she couldn't get his unearned status revoked. I totally sympathized.

Actually, there was a thread on here where someone's husband had inherited her D+ status when they married. She was now divorcing him and furious that she couldn't get his unearned status revoked. I totally sympathized.

thank you!!:)

I swore I read that, once or twice around here!!

let the talk begin.................:p

Edited by Debde

Maybe I should write up a C&A pre-nup.:p

I'm pretty sure about that, actually! I remarried fairly late in life a few years ago, and my DW used to own her own TA. She has been on close to 100 cruises - the majority as "den mother" to groups she had sold cruises to as a TA. Unfortunately, she did more of that business with Carnival than with RCI, so we have a 4 ft long Carnival model ship under glass as a souvenir of all those cruises - but she still had enough RCI to be Diamond, and so I gained those privileges when we married. Initially we tried to just add me to her C&A account, but were told I had to have my own C&A account and then link it to hers. Asked why, and were told that my D privileges would only be there as long as the accounts were linked, unless I had earned it on my own by then via more cruising. :)

I guess if you split up on friendly terms, you could keep the link to the ex's account so he could continue having his privileges, but of course if you ever wanted to link someone else as spouse or significant other, you'd have to "unlink" at that point, and you CAN unlink any time you want to.

Really? That's counter to what we've been told, as I just posted...

Remember the 'whole lotta silly' I said goes on around town'!! :D

Touche'!! :D

When we went to link our accounts, hers was still linked to that of her previous husband, and (I made the call to get the linkage done) I was told she would have to call herself and request that he be unlinked before my account could be linked. Since he was deceased, this certainly wasn't an issue, but RCI required it.

That's actually another good point not previously mentioned. If you accept the argument that he should get the points for PAYING rather than for actually cruising, then the next logical argument becomes "hey, I'm 4 points from Diamond and I'm now paid in full for my next cruise, so I want the points NOW so I'll have my Diamond privileges by the time I board."

Interesting point! Afetr all, how many people ask about becoming Diamond mid-cruise and whether or not theire status will be updated mid cruise?

The question one more time is- "should" RCI give you Crown & Anchor points if you pay in full?

I am not worried about a refund- I understand the policy and that is not the question. RCI has your money, why not get credit? I personally think it is bad policy and bad marketing to do this.

It is also bad policy to try to push another cruise on you less via phone and email less than 24 hours after cancelling your cruise while they act all cheery about it. People that cancel last minute have something serious going on in their life to miss a cruise!

side note- you only get points for a completed cruise IF you pay yourself. My parents booked with an agent once, who in turn used her free RC cruise credit, and my parents did not receive cruise credit. Go figure!

NO..:rolleyes:

I agree, I think it makes RCI look a little petty and greedy. Medical reasons can easily be verified by a doctor (to the other poster). I think it is bad relations. Heck, RCI already moved the cancel periods back from what they used to be. The whole point of the program is to build brand loyalty and achieve market share. Otherwise, you would receive nothing.

Maybe the next question should be, would you be upset if RCI made "new rules" and did away with C & A. After all, it is "the new rule."

I would guess people on here would vent and say they "earned" their point and are entitled to their benefits. Perhaps the same way that someone who paid in full earned their benefits and did not ask to be feed or served. Maybe they are up$et you did not go on the crui$e and drink your$elf into a $tupor.

Because most don't agree with you, can't remember but you didn't have the insurance is this correct?

If someone wants to spend a few thousand over the years on "cancel for any reason insurance" to get Diamond status then you lost your brain somewhere. Besides, cancel for any reason pays 75% back, so make that several thousand. Of course if you have a doctor that will forge notes for you, then you can save some money (if he does that for free), but that will catch on.
You took a chance didn't get the RCL insurance and lost. You gambled and got burned, no sympathy here. Have missed one cruise due to weather out of Philly, got my .75 on the dollar back, and sailed two months later, happy to have it. So if your really upset be upset with yourself...:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

So you think people will book cruises and pay around $$$ for insurance only to lose that insurance money to get C & A points? The insurance will not pay off unless you can prove via hospital or doctor you cannot go on the cruise. You can try the cancel for any reason insurance policy but that costs more $$$ and for what? Paperwork, $$$ for around seven

C & A points? Seriously?

how can you argue with these people,cheerleaders,I think you are right:)

Because most don't agree with you, can't remember but you didn't have the insurance is this correct?

Actually-I think it might be awful close to an even steven because quite a few are also saying he's made some sort of point. To just scream NO at him with out even trying to see his point takes the fun out of the discussion.:p The whole spouse inheriting and the jury is still out on what happens when a divorce enters the equation makes many of us think points are awarded to many who have not sailed enough nor spent nothing to earn them either.