COUNTDOWN to REGAL PRINCESS: News, updates, and general information!!!

dmwnc1959

Well. We made it on board. Just. After missing our early morning flight, driving to a different airport then a 2 hour taxi ride at the other end.

We have the honour of being the last passengers to board on the first ever sailing! They had to turn the check in computer back on for us....

We are just about to depart. I can't do a proper live from as my data plan doesn't extend to the next port.

But the ship smells very new. Had a very quick look around the cabin. I was expecting to not like it after reading the reviews of the royal. But first impressions of everything are very good.

Few quick points, the promenade deck doesn't go the whole length as people expected, but the bit that are here are nice.

Balcony is small, but not as bad as expected. The tvs look different to the royal as it sticks out into the room and doesn't have any frame around it. ImageUploadedByForums1400256293.260284.jpg.fd0e37f33d34d51bb5248390ba184c68.jpg

Now sat enjoying a drink on our own bit of deck to watch the sail-away. Bon voyager people. This style of ship may have its detractors but I for one I'm looking forward to these 4 day immensely.

I will endeavour to post an update if I can get the wifi to work tomorrow.

Welcome Regal Princess.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

So very cool and very exciting!!! Have a GREAT cruise and if you're able keep us updated!

:D :D :D

P.S. WOW, by looking at your picture she sticks out quite a ways from the end of the terminal pier?

Edited by dmwnc1959

Well. We made it on board. Just. After missing our early morning flight, driving to a different airport then a 2 hour taxi ride at the other end.

We have the honour of being the last passengers to board on the first ever sailing! They had to turn the check in computer back on for us....

We are just about to depart. I can't do a proper live from as my data plan doesn't extend to the next port.

But the ship smells very new. Had a very quick look around the cabin. I was expecting to not like it after reading the reviews of the royal. But first impressions of everything are very good.

Few quick points, the promenade deck doesn't go the whole length as people expected, but the bit that are here are nice.

Balcony is small, but not as bad as expected. The tvs look different to the royal as it sticks out into the room and doesn't have any frame around it. [ATTACH]312918[/ATTACH]

Now sat enjoying a drink on our own bit of deck to watch the sail-away. Bon voyager people. This style of ship may have its detractors but I for one I'm looking forward to these 4 day immensely.

Welcome Regal Princess.

Thanks so much! cant wait to hear your thoughts and see pictures.

Now that she's sailed, my husband just said, come on let's go to the store now :) He needs a few things for our upcoming Regal cruise!

Keeping our fingers crossed that we'll get lots of pictures and reports from everyone over the next several weeks, yourself included! Hope you have a wonderful (albeit a very busy) cruise!!!

:D

..... Now sat enjoying a drink on our own bit of deck to watch the sail-away. Bon voyager people. This style of ship may have its detractors but I for one I'm looking forward to these 4 day immensely.

Welcome Regal Princess.

Wow - what a start to your getaway!!

Thank you h3rjp for sharing your first impressions - we look forward to hearing more. Enjoy your four days onboard - you'll have great stories to share when you return home.