Lock on Balcony Door

What ship are you going on. On the Allure the handle is not the child lock. There is a lock high up on the back of the sliding door. Someone posted a picture a while back.

I will be on the Liberty. From what everybody is saying, it sounds like the doors are heavy and not easily opened by little ones.

I will be on the Liberty. From what everybody is saying, it sounds like the doors are heavy and not easily opened by little ones.

The doors are heavy plus when the ship is moving, there is more of a suction effect that makes the door harder to open. If you want to see a wind tunnel, open your balcony door when the cabin door is open to the hallway.:eek:

I wish the search function was working because there are some great threads about kids on balconies in the family forum. There are lots of pictures showing kids on balconies to give you an idea of how high the top will be above your son's head.

The doors are heavy plus when the ship is moving, there is more of a suction effect that makes the door harder to open. If you want to see a wind tunnel, open your balcony door when the cabin door is open to the hallway.:eek:

I wish the search function was working because there are some great threads about kids on balconies in the family forum. There are lots of pictures showing kids on balconies to give you an idea of how high the top will be above your son's head.

ooo thanks! i may try to keep searching to see if it will come up! i have heard that about the wind tunnel..

We had the same concern but about our 4 yr autistic son whom loves the mechanics of locks.

Purchased the door alarms. Also purchased a couple of different travel locks.

Called royal and they advised that once on the ship they would have all movable furniture moved from the room ie coffee table chair & balcony furniture.

We also booked aft cabin on deck 7 as there is a deck right below.

We sail this Thursday on voyager!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I know on the Allure, even "I" had issues with getting the sliding door open. :eek:

I'm 5'1", about 125 and it was a struggle to turn the handle the direction to slide it open. (don't even mention if there's wind outside, egads!) I've raised 3 boys (all grown) and I can honestly say, none of my boys at the age of 3 could have opened that door.

As someone else pointed out, a child would have to be out of your sight for quite a few minutes to get the door open go out onto the balcony. I only say that because they just aren't that simple to open.

:confused: