Bringing wine on board

lin712

If we are bringing wine on board, I don't think we put it in our checked luggage, but how do we get it on, do we just carry it or put it in our carry on baggage.

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

2 bottles per person or per room? We have 2 rooms booked for 2015 but our kids are in one.

Two per cabin as long as one occupant is over 21 in your case, only two. If you had booked one of you in each then you could have take four.

2 bottles per person or per room? We have 2 rooms booked for 2015 but our kids are in one.

Easy and plenty of time to change your booking and put one adult into each cabin = 4 bottles of wine at 2 per adult booked cabin ;)

Sorry to hijack your post but does anyone have any suggestions on the easiest way to bring wine in your airline checked bag ?..We will then apparently have to transfer it once we land into our carryon luggage to board the ship..We won't have any time or way to purchase it after we land and before we board for our Alaska cruise out of Vancouver.

Sorry to hijack your post but does anyone have any suggestions on the easiest way to bring wine in your airline checked bag ?..We will then apparently have to transfer it once we land into our carryon luggage to board the ship..We won't have any time or way to purchase it after we land and before we board for our Alaska cruise out of Vancouver.

Check Amazon for something called a Wine Diaper.

Hi When we cruised Liberty out of Barcelona nobody checked who's bag belonged to who so if you have two carry ons - with two bottles in each I doubt they will say anything in fact when we walked on board there was a table you could stop at if you liked that had a sign have you any alcohol and people just walked straight past it !

As for the question about bottles in checked in luggage - we were given some cardboard egg carton type sleeves from a winery in Portugal for this purpose so you could try and find egg carton stuff after all eggs don't usually break in it so bottles should be ok but I would be a bit worried if the airline throw the cases around you could arrive with a case full of wine stained clothes

You can wrap the bottle in bubble wrap and then slip it in a plastic bag (the size the newspapers are delivered in.) Pack it between layers of clothing. Works well.

It's two bottles per cabin.

However, it would be against the rules for your kids to have possession of the wine if you brought some for their cabin as well.

Two per cabin as long as one occupant is over 21 in your case, only two. If you had booked one of you in each then you could have take four.

Another Hijack question. Is it per cabin or per cabin with an occupant over 21? We have two cabins booked and I am in one, my wife is in the other. However, our friends have three cabins booked and only 2 occupants over 21. Will they be allowed to bring 4 or 6 bottles? I had told then they could bring 6. The FAQ on Royal's website states 2 bottles per stateroom…there is no mention that each room needs to have someone over 21.

Thanks.

Yes, the policy does say:

Guests may bring personal wine and champagne onboard only on boarding day, limited to two (2) 750 ml bottles per stateroom.

However, it also says:

Guests who violate any alcohol policies, (over consume, provide alcohol to people under age 21, demonstrate irresponsible behavior, or attempt to conceal alcoholic items at security and or luggage check points or any other time), may be disembarked or not allowed to board, at their own expense, in accordance with our Guest Conduct Policy.

I highlighted what I think is the relevant part. If the cabin with passengers who aren't yet 21 are bringing wine aboard, then it could be seen as someone having provided alcohol to them, which would be a violation of Royal Caribbean's alcohol policy.

Edited by Daghis

Yes, the policy does say:

However, it also says:

I highlighted what I think is the relevant part. If the cabin with passengers who aren't yet 21 are bringing wine aboard, then it could be seen as someone having provided alcohol to them, which would be a violation of Royal Caribbean's alcohol policy.

What is your opinion on the two adults bringing 6 bottles of wine as they have 3 rooms booked? Will they only be allowed to bring 4?

Thanks

Well, I'm not a lawyer, but I am a pedant. :)

My interpretation would be that any cabin who has someone at least 21 years of age would be able to bring up to two bottles of wine (up to 750 ml each). If a cabin doesn't have anyone 21 years old or older, then they would not be able to bring wine onboard because doing so would mean that they are transferring possession of that wine to the under-21 year olds, and that would violate the alcohol policy.

If you imagine this in an extreme situation, a father and his seven (underage) children are booked in a total of four cabins. How much wine is the adult allowed to bring? Sure, he paid for four cabins, but the reality is that he is only in one cabin and, thus, is entitled to just two bottles.

We each put one in our carry on bag.

As I said on the corkage thread : We bring our limit of 2 bottles aboard with a corkscrew and drink them in the cabin over the course of the cruise - we enjoy a glass while we get ready for dinner or on the balcony on a sea day.

We buy a wine package for drinking with dinner in the MDR. If we don't finish it the will hold it for you and bring it out the next night - or you can take the remainder back to your room.

It's worth the "no hassle" to us :)

We use bubble wrap. Lots of it.

Shirley, Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app