TRiumph in Galveston today ?

overthehillcruiser

I was on the Conquest that got fogged in overnight. It was in December, 2009, I think. The port finally gave the okay to leave around 2 p.m. the next day, and, as soon as we began our forward motion, the fog got worse again. We got to leave, but it was scary. We couldn't see a thing off our balcony, and there were a lot of fog horns. The Voyager was docked head in, and they couldn't turn around in the fog, so they had to stay docked another night. A lot of people got off and went home. We had a great time, but we lost a port. The captain apologized several times and said that his own family was sailing with us and weren't real happy with him ;)

It will probably be foggy again Tuesday as well. We are not supposed to get a cold front and push this crap out of here until mid week sometime.

In Houston the rain is expected tomorrow and should clear the fog. Ideally it gets thru Galveston tomorrow as well.

Wonder how everyone is doing without their luggage for another night.

03/01/2014 Carnival Breeze

11/24/2013 Carnival Valor

4/28/2013 Carnival Glory

4/14/2012 Carnival Valor

3/26/2011 Carnival Freedom

3/13/2010 Carnival Freedom

10/22/2006 Carnival Pride

10/5/2003 Carnival Elation

4/25/2002 Carnival Imagination

1/12/2002 Carnival Imagination

1/07/2002 Carnival Imagination

Heard from my daughter this morning. They stayed at a hotel last night and are excited to see the ship has come in, so they can board later. As for weather or not they'll be able to leave today, we'll have to wait and see if the fog lifts enough for that. :confused:

Had friends on that cruise and was getting some funny texts from them last night such as a toilet paper scavenger hunt, having access to liquor purchased in ports earlier in the cruise, and a perceived shortage of food.

They were having fun at least.....I feel for those waiting to board.

Hope all that have been waiting enjoy the cruise. My sister and I leave next Weds on the Triumph. I hope all this nasty fog is gone by then. Losing a day on a 4 day cruise is a lot!

Hmm. I don't think that the Triumph is in Galveston next Wed.

You will be sitting there staring at an empty dock :)

It leaves this Sat and comes back next Thurs

If the horns I just heard outside my office are any indication, I think the Triumph should be pulling off in the next 20 minutes. It'll pass right by my window. I hope the people aren't too upset

The driveway has been clear for a long time, and a few minutes ago I saw a pilot boat leaving the area by the ship. Fingers crossed they are out of here very soon!

Thanks everyone for your concern! Even though our 5 day trip ended up to be 4 days we had a great time! That Monday was frustrating as we did not know what to do so far as if we should get a hotel or not. We did make the best of it. My daughter and I ended up fishing at the pier. A very nice young male employee offered his assistance if we needed it. Even though we did not take up his offer I did get to tease my husband that I got a phone number. :)

We are going to be credited for 1/5 of our cruise and port charges and received OBC for the gratuities.

Unfortunately for us and fortunately for the next cruisers the port was clear when came in yesterday. I hope everyone had a great time.