prescription medication

Califor6

If you only want to take your prescription medication in the daily pill boxes, I think it is a very good idea to also bring a print out from your pharmacy of all your medication ~ I certainly wouldn't want to take any chance of someone questioning my medicine and because I could not produce anything to prove it's mine and prescribed for me they throw it out...I'd rather be safe than sorry!!

bring them in the a prescription bottle, ask the drug person to give you a smaller bottle with the scrip label on it. bring extra for just incase.

I have seen drugs taken when visiting carb. countries and dumped because they were not in a prescription bottle and in those daily containers. Why take the chance. What would you do if they are taken from you?

I never knew I could get a smaller bottle - so I will definitely do this next time. I always bring my prescriptions in their original containers for safety. OTC meds like ibuprofen, excedrin, allergy pills, go in labeled daily pill container (fill one or two boxes and write ibuprofen on it)

If I brought with original bottles it be too many bottles of medications it would definitely give somebody a more heads up to look. I never had a problem but if you worry a lot about this issue, just put it in one plastic bottle and place in a pocket and walk on with it, the bottle is not of any metal it won't be found in the screening process.

This is a good point. Right now I take three prescriptions daily, not including my as-needed asthma inhaler. If I had more I don't think I'd want to haul all the containers.

traveldotstatedotgov site says

Are You Taking Any Prescriptions or Other Medications?

If you take prescription medication:

• Pack enough to last your entire trip, including some extra in case you are unexpectedly delayed.
  • Carry your medications in their original labeled containers, and pack them in your carry-on bag since checked baggage is occasionally lost or delayed.
  • Ask your pharmacy or physician for the generic equivalent name of your prescriptions in case you need to purchase additional medication abroad.
  • Get a letter from your physician in case you are questioned about your carry-on medication; some countries have strict restrictions on bringing prescription or even non-prescription medications into the country without proper medical documentation.

If the pills are not in their original containers with Rx info, it is good to take a print out of all your medications as, in case of a medical emergency, the medical staff treating you will need to know what meds you take. Just handing them a baggie of loose pills might delay needed emergency treatment.

We learned to bring twice the medicine and supplies needed, and to put them in two different ziplock bags in different locations. I had all my stuff in a ziplock bag in a rolling carryon. The ziplock bag disappeared someplace between the hotel and the ship when we were in Rome. The cruise line was wonderfully helpful but didn't have everything I needed. Talk about stress. I did have a letter of medical necessity from my doctor and a printout from the pharmacy listing brand names and generic names of all my medication. The list comes in handy if you need to visit the medical center due to illness.

If you only want to take your prescription medication in the daily pill boxes, I think it is a very good idea to also bring a print out from your pharmacy of all your medication ~ I certainly wouldn't want to take any chance of someone questioning my medicine and because I could not produce anything to prove it's mine and prescribed for me they throw it out...I'd rather be safe than sorry!!

I take my meds in the daily pill boxes. I also take a copy of the info that comes with the RX which has my name on it plus a discription of the pill.