prescription medication

Califor6

Although many people, including me, have their prescription meds in a daily/weekly container US Federal law says they must be in the original prescription bottle with all required information on the label. I DO bring original bottles which have extras in case anything is delayed. Believe me, you do NOT wish to have something happen and law enforcement sees pills and request an original bottle. Any pharmacy that I've dealt with has been happy to give me a duplicate SMALL bottle of any prescription meds and those are what I take on any type trip/cruise.

I always put my meds in a daily container and have never, ever been questioned about them. I've done this traveling all over the world and never once gong through customs or security have I ever been asked what they are.

Back in the day, I used to carry them in their original bottles but it took up too much room as I have several vitamins, otc meds, and prescription meds that I take with me when traveling out of the U.S.

bring them in the a prescription bottle, ask the drug person to give you a smaller bottle with the scrip label on it. bring extra for just incase.

I have seen drugs taken when visiting carb. countries and dumped because they were not in a prescription bottle and in those daily containers. Why take the chance. What would you do if they are taken from you?

Most people will tell you they travel all the time with the daily pill boxes, but I have seen the TSA pull someone aside and tell them they had to verify what the pills were and that he had a valid prescription for them. The man was very upset as it was a weekend, he couldn't reach his doctor, and was going to miss his flight.

There was also a story here a while back about customs going through someone's pills on a table one by one..... I certainly wouldn't want customs pawing through any meds. I go with better safe than sorry and bring anything prescription in the original bottle.

It's also a good practice in both hotels and on a ship to lock anything in the safe that could have any "street" value like pain meds, anxiety meds, etc. Most of your housekeepers and stewards are honest, but you never know when someone will have an addiction problem or need money. :(

According to the TSA website, it is "recommended" but not required to carry your meds in their original bottles. So for me, it's not something I worry about.

Also, don't forget there are all kinds of "cheap prescription pharmacy" storefronts in the Caribbean, which tout the ability to purchase antibiotics, and other prescribed drugs WITHOUT the prescription. And those drugs are freely being brought onboard without any questions.

CeleBrat

When we do the family cruise, my daughter puts ALL of her families pills in two large Ziploks and sends them thru TSA at the airport. The looks from the staff are priceless. Never had anyone pull them aside to check. At the dock, has them in a suitcase and no problem.

If you live in the USA then your prescription is written on the original bottle in which the meds were bought.

When I travel internationally I bring the original bottles.

When I travel within the USA I just take the pills I need and put them in a little baggie.

No one (TSA or customs) has ever questioned me about the meds. I think they would only do that if you had a large amount and it looked like you might be selling them or you might have bought them illegally out of the USA without a scrip.

I take my weekly pill container and I print a list of the prescriptions from the Pharmacy website and take that as well. Never had an issue, either in the air or on the ship. But don't try that method if you are going through the Middle East.

If I brought with original bottles it be too many bottles of medications it would definitely give somebody a more heads up to look. I never had a problem but if you worry a lot about this issue, just put it in one plastic bottle and place in a pocket and walk on with it, the bottle is not of any metal it won't be found in the screening process.

bring them in the a prescription bottle, ask the drug person to give you a smaller bottle with the scrip label on it. bring extra for just incase.

I have seen drugs taken when visiting carb. countries and dumped because they were not in a prescription bottle and in those daily containers. Why take the chance. What would you do if they are taken from you?

Well, on a cruise who would check in a carb. Country? Mine stay on the ship.

We put ours in daily pillbox and have never had anyone question them. DH has his, I have mine.

We do the same and we also bring a 14 day pill box. DH and I take supplements and we've never been questioned. We bring them on our carry on. On our last cruise a couple put their meds in their check in suitcase. The airline lost their luggage and they had no meds. They panicked because her husband's transplant meds were not with them. Carnival jumped through hoops for them and was able to get replacement meds for them.

Hubby brings his in his carry-on (blood pressure & cholesterol). He puts them in a pill organizer (daily) so he only brings what he needs for the cruise. Has never had a problem with them not being in their original prescription containers. If you take something not common, I would bring it in the original container or have a copy of the prescription with you.