is the drink package worth the price

fotoguykev

I like these packages, because without them l, my wife will rarely order a drink and even be upset with me if I go get her one. With an all-inclusive package, she'll calm down and enjoy the drinks, and we'll both have a ton of fun!

In "real life" I'd not want a package like this, but on vacation it's lots of fun. The finances are secondary to me...you'll win or lose by a little bit either way. It's more about how you want to vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

LOL. This is so true. I am just like your wife. I don't drink a lot, especially when I am paying out of pocket for them. We got our drink package as a promo (with upgrade to Premium from our TA) so I did not pay for it. I don't know that we would have bought it without it being included. Maybe for DH, but not me. Last cruise I had 1 or 2 drinks per day at most, which is really cutting loose for me. (When not on vacation I never order drinks). This year I will have a couple more since its not out of pocket and DD will not be with us, but not enough to get stupid or anything.

Edited by cruzinlisa

We just got off the Silhouette yesterday. We are not drinkers so we got the premium non-alcoholic drink package. Now while not figuring out whether we got our monies worth we did love the convenience. We were always getting another bottle of water and loved getting fresh on in the mornings. The convenience was really nice. They made yummy non alcoholic piña coladas too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

And this might have been a little "white trash" of me...but we topped ourselves off as well. It was kind of a joke with the steward and he didn't mind at all, he actually showed me where he was placing the bottle. We had three premium package people who really like their wine....so it would take super human speed to keep up with us........

LOL! No, not white trash at all...just thirsty! :) I probably would too (especially if our server in Blu and the wine steward / sommelier were busy)...

We upgraded to the premium package from the 123go classic and felt it was more than worth it. We tallied over 6 pages of $0 charges on our cruise. A little ridiculous, yes.

We would each drink about 4-6 large bottles of Evian or San Pelligrino a day (10 x $8), plus two cappuccinos (4 x $8) and two smoothies (4 x $5) during the morning, and a lot of booze starting in the afternoon/nighttime. Neither of us drink alcohol except for on vacation but when we are on vacation, whoooo! We probably each killed a bottle of wine/champagne by the glass at dinner, had 3-4 beers or mixed drinks during the afternoon, and 3-4 martinis/cordials at nighttime. (24x$10). So we would have spent about $400/day combined on drinks without the package.

For us, the drink package is an absolute steal and we will be back with Celebrity often because we find it such a good value.

They do! http://www.celebritycruises.com/onboard/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_beverage_packages&tab=onboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic_tab%2Fonboard%2FasrPanel.do%3Fpagename%3Donboard_beverage_packages_premium_classic%26ComponentTypeId%3D30%26categoryId%3D%26currencyCode%3DUSD

Pay just one price to enjoy a wide variety of beverage choices such as premium coffees starting at $16 per day.

We too have a couple of punches left from a Princess coffee card.

Just wondering if both stateroom guests have to buy in?

I took the beverage package as my 123 perk. what is the price allowed for a glass of wine, and for an alcoholic beverage? what is the difference to be paid to upgrade to the premium? does the premium include all beverages?

The upgrade cost is $11.50 per day.

Classic: " all beers up to $6 per serving, and spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving."

Premium: " you can enjoy our entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $13 per serving"

ps: if it goes in a glass and can be put to your lip's it is covered by the Premium pkg!

Edited by wallie5446

I took the beverage package as my 123 perk. what is the price allowed for a glass of wine, and for an alcoholic beverage? what is the difference to be paid to upgrade to the premium? does the premium include all beverages?

The upgrade cost is $11.50 per day.

Classic: " all beers up to $6 per serving, and spirits, cocktails, frozen drinks, and wines by the glass up to $8 per serving."

Premium: " you can enjoy our entire selection of Beers as well as Spirits, Cocktails and Wines by the Glass up to $13 per serving"

And with the Classic package, anything over the limit is charged full price (if you order a $10 martini, you pay the full $10 plus tip). With the Premium, you only pay for the difference (a $15 martini costs you only $2 plus the tip on the $2).

Edited by mpbmark

Thanks for the valuable information. So possibly only one of us can upgrade to the Premium Package, leaving the other on the Classic? Good deal.

Yes, both people may have different packages. Not everyone partakes so

(for example)....someone may just get the Non-Alcoholic package while

someone else buys the Premium everything package;)

We just returned from a trip on the Silhouette. Our package included the classic drink package. I was tempted to upgrade but didn't. I was glad I did. There were very few drinks I was unable to "purchase" utilizing the classic package. If there was I just substituted. It was a pleasure to leave the ship with a zero dollars owed. Just hand them the card and enjoy!!

I am thinking if getting the classic alcohol package for my hubby, and whilst I don't drink much at all I enjoy maybe a couple of latte's, a sparkling water with dinner, a couple of cokes, and maybe one cocktail not bothered if it is a mock tail, and if it was included a glass of fresh orange

Based on my consumption would it be worth me getting a classic non alcohol package, are the drinks above included ?

Thanks

Janis

Unless they have changed something if one person in the cabin buys the package both have to.....that is what we were told by Celebrity so if it isn't the case please let me know!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If it is chosen as the 123 perk both have to choose the same item.

Unless they have changed something if one person in the cabin buys the package both have to.....that is what we were told by Celebrity so if it isn't the case please let me know!!

Don't know about the 123 offer, we are paying for it and each person can have what they want, or just one person can have it if that is what you prefer

It is very hit or miss when you call a celebrity agent. You can upgrade only one person. If you get an agent who says no, call back for a different agent. Or you can wait until you get on ship to upgrade one person. You can just go to any bartender and tell them you want to upgrade and they will do it.