Is it a waste of money for this cruise?

KPfromCT

We are flying into FLL, the day of the cruise. We are cruising out of Miami, on the Breeze.

Our flight lands at 11. I figure by the time we get our luggage, and actually GET to the port, it will be close to 12:30.

Is it worth it?

We have no tender ports, so that doesn't come into play.

Thoughts?

We are flying into FLL, the day of the cruise. We are cruising out of Miami, on the Breeze.

Our flight lands at 11. I figure by the time we get our luggage, and actually GET to the port, it will be close to 12:30.

Is it worth it?

We have no tender ports, so that doesn't come into play.

Thoughts?

Is what worth it exactly? What does come into play?

I'd say it is not worth it unless you want to get off the ship with the platinum guests at the end. But if you do that luggage airport transfer program it might cost less than FTTF and get you off at the same time. I dunno, I don't think I would bother since there's no tenders. I don't know what fun you will get to any faster than you already can get to without paying more :)

Yes, FTTF is a definite waste of money in this situation. Cruise has no tender ports so you don't need it for that. By the time you get on the ship, your room will be ready and you can go right there without paying $50. Don't need it for that. Don't waste your $50.

Yes, hence the title of my post?:rolleyes:

You mean this title?:

Why the eye roll?:rolleyes: I clicked on your thread to see if I could be helpful but couldn't figure out what you were talking about. Maybe you left something out?;)

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry!!!! YES! FTTF........

It's been a long week.

So, yes.

Do you think FTTF is a waste for this cruise?

OK, I was posting the same time you posted your apology. Apology accepted.:D

ETA: Oh, yeah, to answer your question: IMO, FTTF would be a waste of money for your cruise. Happy sails.:)

Edited by ShakyBeef

You mean this title?:

Why the eye roll?:rolleyes: I clicked on your thread to see if I could be helpful but couldn't figure out what you were talking about. Maybe you left something out?;)

Yes. I am SO sorry!!!:o:o

I left the whole subject out.

DUH.......

It really HAS been a long week............

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry!!!! YES! FTTF........

It's been a long week.

So, yes.

Do you think FTTF is a waste for this cruise?

Yes!

I do not think you could be there much before "regular" boarding starts - and after that starts FTTF people board with all of the others.

The ONLY reason to consider it would for the cabin availability once you board. But even that would not make it worth the $50, IMHO.

Edited by happy cruzin

I'd say it is not worth it unless you want to get off the ship with the platinum guests at the end. But if you do that luggage airport transfer program it might cost less than FTTF and get you off at the same time. I dunno, I don't think I would bother since there's no tenders. I don't know what fun you will get to any faster than you already can get to without paying more :)

I'm not sure that the FTTF gets off the ship with the Platinum/Diamond folks. When we were leaving the Pride on the 16th, there was a FTTF group that were asked to leave the area we (Platinum guests) were in, since that wasn't part of FTTF. I'm not sure if they can get off before other guests, but they definitely weren't able to get off with Platinum/Diamond. And I didn't hear them saying to go to another area on the ship to wait to get off earlier than the others.

Edited by nodogkisses

OK, I was posting the same time you posted your apology. Apology accepted.:D

ETA: Oh, yeah, to answer your question: IMO, FTTF would be a waste of money for your cruise. Happy sails.:)

Thank you......and again, I am sorry.

I think I'm still in shock that we are FINALLY doing this itinerary.:D:D

It's consuming me. lol

I agree........ I think DH is just upset we didn't get it last year on the Breeze, so he is hell bent on getting it for this one, but I just don't see the need.

Unless..............I can get him to fly in the day before, since it IS a holiday:rolleyes: Then we can get to the port earlier....

If you aren't expecting to get to the port any earlier than 12:00 and there are no tenders then I guess the only real benefit would be in the debark. So then the question is are you flying out early enough that the priority debark makes a difference? If no, then I would say a waste of money.

If you aren't expecting to get to the port any earlier than 12:00 and there are no tenders then I guess the only real benefit would be in the debark. So then the question is are you flying out early enough that the priority debark makes a difference? If no, then I would say a waste of money.

We did book a 10:55 return, out of FLL:eek::eek:

However, we did cruise on the Breeze last April, and were back at FLL at 9.

Our flight didn't leave until 5:eek: Needless to say, Southwest did NOTHING for us. They were booked solid.

I did get a little flamed for booking that flight but I am NOT sitting in that airport for 8 hours again:D

Save your money in this case. Don't bother with FTTF.

Enjoy your trip. Sounds like you need a vacation!:)

Aww! Thanks!!!

Yes, I am really a very normal person...

This winter has been brutal up here in the Northeast.

I need to get the HE** out of here.........

Yes, I think it would be a waste for this cruise.

$50 can buy a few DOD's.....we'll use the money for that instead.

Thank you!:D

Aww! Thanks!!!

Yes, I am really a very normal person...

This winter has been brutal up here in the Northeast.

I need to get the HE** out of here.........

Yes, I think it would be a waste for this cruise.

$50 can buy a few DOD's.....we'll use the money for that instead.

Thank you!:D

The. Perfect. Plan. ;) :D

Yes. I am SO sorry!!!

I left the whole subject out.

DUH.......

It really HAS been a long week............

Thank you......and again, I am sorry.

I think I'm still in shock that we are FINALLY doing this itinerary.

It's consuming me. lol

I agree........ I think DH is just upset we didn't get it last year on the Breeze, so he is hell bent on getting it for this one, but I just don't see the need.

Unless..............I can get him to fly in the day before, since it IS a holiday:rolleyes: Then we can get to the port earlier....

No problem. We've all had weeks (and sometimes posts:p) like that.:) I really appreciate the apology, and I hope your week gets better. And I understand the excitement.;)

Yes, if you were to fly in the day before, it would make the priority boarding and early cabin access parts of FTTF more 'worth it'. But then you'd need to balance that against spending extra money on the hotel and food while in Florida.

I'm one who likes to fly (or drive) in the day before a cruise, so I'd probably do that anyway. So I guess I'm not going to be much help here.:p:o