Kids Birthday Bash

capsoncc

Has anybody ordered this before? Just wondering if they decorate the room? Any other details would be good also.

I know in the past Celebrity hasn't done anything for a his birthday when we are onboard. Generally Princess at least decorated the door for free.

We've ordered the birthday package and they decorate the door and cabin using a few signs, balloons and crepe paper streamers. The butler cannot decorate the cabin for free as they don't have things like that on hand. Have you considered bringing some decorations from home?

Is there a birthday package? How do you order it and what is included? I only noticed the option of notifying them of a birthday or other occasion, but no package.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We've ordered the birthday package and they decorate the door and cabin using a few signs, balloons and crepe paper streamers. The butler cannot decorate the cabin for free as they don't have things like that on hand. Have you considered bringing some decorations from home?

Yeah noticed there are two different packages, one is a birthday package and the other is for kids. I noticed the kids package doesn't say anything about decorating the cabin. It mentions a cake and backpack. I would book the kids package if they also decorated the cabin, but I am not sure if they do.

Chris

Did you book your cruise directly with Celebrity? Where can you find this information? On their website, the only thing I can see is a drop down list saying "select celebration", and you can only choose from anniversary, birthday, honeymoon, and retirement. It doesn't specify kid's birthday, although obviously from the birth date they can see that it's for a kid.

I used the search option and searched for birthday. It seems to be under the gifts menu.

1) Go to Already Booked

2) Gifts by Celebrity

3) Gifts by Celebrity delivery aboard

4) Special Occasions

5) Celebration Packages

6) Kids Birthday Bash

Kid's Birthday Bash

Celebrate your child's birthday with Celebrity's Birthday Bash package. What celebration would be complete without a birthday cake and X Club backpack, the perfect birthday gift to hold all of their cherished cruise momentos. Let the fun begin!

I used the search option and searched for birthday. It seems to be under the gifts menu.

1) Go to Already Booked

2) Gifts by Celebrity

3) Gifts by Celebrity delivery aboard

4) Special Occasions

5) Celebration Packages

6) Kids Birthday Bash

Kid's Birthday Bash

Celebrate your child's birthday with Celebrity's Birthday Bash package. What celebration would be complete without a birthday cake and X Club backpack, the perfect birthday gift to hold all of their cherished cruise momentos. Let the fun begin!

Ah thanks, I see it now! Well we have twins, so there is no point in getting two of the same package, as we'll end up with more cake than we'll ever be able to eat... And I'm not too sure about the backpack, is it just an empty backpack or is it filled with something? But I see that there is another birthday package where they decorate the room, so maybe we'll get one of each, not sure really.

But in what way do Celebrity acknowledge birthdays if you don't pay for a package? Is it a special dessert or something?

Has anybody ordered this before? Just wondering if they decorate the room? Any other details would be good also.

I know in the past Celebrity hasn't done anything for a his birthday when we are onboard. Generally Princess at least decorated the door for free.

Have ordered this is the past. The room is typically decorated nicely- but only for the kids packages. I ordered once on the summit for my DH and the decoration was just a wire sign and door sign not worth it.

We also had a small cake and sign on the door. Could have changed. Call Celebrity for specifics.

Enjoy

Look I don't enjoy cruising with kids any more than most of the posters here,but I find abhorant the thought that anyone would bash a child,especially on their birthday.

:D

It took me far, far too long to get this. I blame Monday.

Here's what we have done on Royal Caribbean, and it should be fine on Celebrity as well. We brought decorations for a table, banners, balloons, and even games to play with us. We bought a birthday cake from the cruise line in advance to be delivered to the main dining room at lunch on the birthday day. After we got on board, I went to the maitre d' of the dining room and asked for a small area to be set aside for us for lunch that day (there were about 15 people). They were very helpful. The dining room told me to come in about 1/2 hour before they opened for lunch so we could decorate the area as a surprise for the birthday boy. So we went in, decorated, put out presents, and made sure the cake got there (this was the hardest part). Then his mom brought him to lunch as if it were a regular lunch and he was very surprised!

We have done this twice for birthdays and once for an anniversary.

I don't know how old your twins are, but I am sure they would like to be "surprised" with a party, even if it is just the immediate family.

You can still do the evening thing with the waiters. Kids don't mind twice!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Look I don't enjoy cruising with kids any more than most of the posters here,but I find abhorant the thought that anyone would bash a child,especially on their birthday.

Wondered when you would reappear! Missed that humor, LOL!!!!:D

Alright, thanks for the information!

Our twins are turning 3, and they would certainly enjoy a little party!

But I realize now that we will actually be in port that day from 1pm until 9pm, so I'm not even sure where we will have lunch and dinner... What time do you need to be back on the ship if they leave at 9? I suppose we'll still have lunch on board though.