Need Help from Celebrity

AZ ParrotHead

If there is anyone from Celebrity reading this board I need to get in contact with a representative who can help me.

I have final payment coming up on 2 bookings and the website has been down for over a week so I can't make the payments. I called celebrity 5 times this week and each time spent over 40 minutes on hold each time.

Today I finally got through to US reservations only to be told they can't help me because I live in the US Virgin Islands. They also refused to find a supervisor and gave me the number to the switchboard in Miami which is staffed by an answering company. They gave me the number for the US reservations team again. Utterly infuriating!

CELEBRITY I AM TRYING TO PAY YOU 10K THIS MORNING. PLEASE REACH ME through this board or at 480-650-6325.

Has anyone else had these issues?

Jonathan

Edited by AZ ParrotHead
Spelling

I cant access the website with my normal browser, but when I use my Google Chrome, I have no problem. Also, did you try the Captain's Club number? I called them last week concerning some dining arrangements and my hold time was under 1 minute, issue resolved within 10 minutes. Good luck!!!

Contact Captain's Club

Phone

U.S. & Canada:

0844 481 7687

Outside US, Canada and UK:

fax:

Assume your Celebrity website is different than the one we use.

I don't have a number but have had issues accessing various sites only to find out it was my computer rather than the site itself.

If you haven't tried using a different browser that would be a good idea as well as clearing your cookies and history. Also some good ideas in this article. I don't know why but I had a similar issue with the NA Celebrity site and when I tried to open it in a different browser it worked right away.

http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-if-You-Can%27t-Access-a-Particular-Website

I cant access the website with my normal browser, but when I use my Google Chrome, I have no problem. Also, did you try the Captain's Club number? I called them last week concerning some dining arrangements and my hold time was under 1 minute, issue resolved within 10 minutes. Good luck!!!

Contact Captain's Club

Phone

U.S. & Canada:

0844 481 7687

Outside US, Canada and UK:

fax:

Thanks for the advice. Will try Chrome and the loyalty desk.

Assume your Celebrity website is different than the one we use.

I don't have a number but have had issues accessing various sites only to find out it was my computer rather than the site itself.

If you haven't tried using a different browser that would be a good idea as well as clearing your cookies and history. Also some good ideas in this article. I don't know why but I had a similar issue with the NA Celebrity site and when I tried to open it in a different browser it worked right away.

http://www.wikihow.com/Fix-if-You-Can%27t-Access-a-Particular-Website

Thanks. I have tried all those tips to no avail. I am in the software business and am familiar with the errors I'm seeing. Basically, the authentication to the database from the website is failing because of the country code in the booking. So it is seeing USVI and thinking it can't me modified.

Apparently, they just released a new version of the software that runs the website and this is truly a BUG. Previous to this release, I was capable of accessing my booking as normal on Celebrity. Look like when they were testing the release they did not try it from a foreign or non-US IP address and they did not test previous bookings flagged as International. The software Project Manager in me is sympathetic but the customer in me is very angry!

Edited by AZ ParrotHead

Jonathan,

There IS an "official" who reads these boards, but all they do is to suggest you send an email explaining your situation. Not sure about any one else, but my emails have NEVER been returned.

But. I did send an email to contactmichael@celebrity.com and got a phone call within a day or two. During that conversation, I mentioned how poorly the website was performing and how emails go unanswered and how truly frustrating it is to be on hold so long (only to be told there is nothing they can do or to be sent to another department for another excrutiatingly long time). Basically they sad sorry, but from what I can tell, nothing is/has been done to correct the situation. Celebrity knows there is a problem, but they don't care!

The party line is that they are "overwhelmed" with requests due to the promotions. They knew those promotions were coming....they should have staffed accordingly. But the problem is, that the reps you speak with are NOT Celebrity employees! They are contractors, many working out of their homes (so asking for assistance from a co-worker is not possible). It also means that they are often improperly trained so you often receive the wrong information or mistakes are made.....exasperating the frustrations.

While I understand the cost savings in hiring contractors, there have been a barrage of complaints lately.....which means that this paradigm is NOT working. If Celebrity doesn't get its land act together, people will go somewhere else and experience someone else's ship experience!

Penny wise and pound foolish if you ask me.....:mad:

Jonathan,

There IS an "official" who reads these boards, but all they do is to suggest you send an email explaining your situation. Not sure about any one else, but my emails have NEVER been returned.

But. I did send an email to contactmichael@celebrity.com and got a phone call within a day or two. During that conversation, I mentioned how poorly the website was performing and how emails go unanswered and how truly frustrating it is to be on hold so long (only to be told there is nothing they can do or to be sent to another department for another excrutiatingly long time). Basically they sad sorry, but from what I can tell, nothing is/has been done to correct the situation. Celebrity knows there is a problem, but they don't care!

The party line is that they are "overwhelmed" with requests due to the promotions. They knew those promotions were coming....they should have staffed accordingly. But the problem is, that the reps you speak with are NOT Celebrity employees! They are contractors, many working out of their homes (so asking for assistance from a co-worker is not possible). It also means that they are often improperly trained so you often receive the wrong information or mistakes are made.....exasperating the frustrations.

While I understand the cost savings in hiring contractors, there have been a barrage of complaints lately.....which means that this paradigm is NOT working. If Celebrity doesn't get its land act together, people will go somewhere else and experience someone else's ship experience!

Penny wise and pound foolish if you ask me.....:mad:

It's interesting to me that are not making the proper investment in technology. Having a good site means a true reduction in call volume and lower costs. I wonder if the organization is so debt leveraged on its ships that it can't fund other investments.

Another concern is that the US team is claiming that a resident of the USVI cant be helped, and that the USVI is reading as international. Last I checked, USVI was still US soil.

I recommend you call back, put the phone on speaker and do something while waiting, and when they finally answer insist that they accept your final payment.

Keep requesting a supervisor. Make sure you get the name and operator number first thing of the person who answers the phone, and if they can't help you and refuse to turn you over to a supervisor, include that in your ContactMichael follow up call and email. If you cannot get is squared away today, maybe you can tomorrow once the Captains Club and Resolutions department is open.

I would still insist that you are a US resident, just not of the mainland US. After all, the USVI do use At&T, Verizon, Sprint, etc! You don't need a passport to fly to the US!