Vision of the Seas~B2B~Spanish Immersion~Feb. 8th & 15th~My Diary

Thank you so much for your review. We leave on the 4/19 sailing doing b2b with the following 3 day sailing to Fort Lauderdale. We are super excited for this upcoming vacation. Shawn

Sent from my SCH-I915 using Forums mobile app

Thank you so much for these pictures! I can't wait for our turn to use it!:D I am really enjoying your review of the Vision!

Kathy,

You will LOVE the room. We enjoyed it in March. Would take it again in a heartbeat! Just wish we were on Vision again for another sailing! :o

My comments about the menu are the same as Beth's. We had been informed that the food would be geared to the local culture. I was sure looking forward to some new and exciting menus or at least a few different options. That didn't happen.

Everything was done in Spanish first and then English if needed. I was the only English speaker in the fitness classes in the gym so he tossed in a few English words for my sake. I told him I could watch and know what he was doing and I can count in spanish. But he continued to repeat himself in english.

I enquired about an excursion asking how many were in the english one. I was told that all excursions were for both languages together and presented in both languages. I ended up not going so I don't know how it turned out. I was hoping for a separate english language excursion in hopes it wasn't too heavily booked.

The biggest difference I noticed was that almost every single time we wanted to get in an elevator, if we weren't right in front of the door when it opened, the door close button was slammed shut before we could get there. And I am fast. Fast enough to see someone's finger on that button, looking at me, and continuing on without us. :eek: No kidding, this happened over and over again. Apparently some of us are just the opposite. I hold my hand on the door and peek out to make sure no one else is coming when I'm in the elevator. Or at the very least I wait for the door to shut on it's own giving people time to get there.

As with our previous cruises on Vision, this is still the happiest, best crew I've seen. Not that other crews haven't been great. But many of these will express how much they love both of their captains. There is an upbeat atmosphere among the officers and crew.

The funniest thing that happened to us. We saw the entire centrum full of dancing so we went down, barged into the middle and joined them. When the song was over someone on the cruise director's staff came up to us and asked us if we got a key chain. It was at that point we realized we had entered a dance contest. Needless to say, we lost. LOL We cleared the floor and the winners were presented. I've never seen so many people on a dance floor at one time.

Gina

Hi Kathy! You will love that cabin!! You were lucky to get it!

Kathy' date='

You will LOVE the room. We enjoyed it in March. Would take it again in a heartbeat! Just wish we were on Vision again for another sailing! :o[/size']

Thank you, I am so looking forward to it! It will be our first aft facing cabin, and the pictures look amazing!:p

Jane, I just loved all of your pictures in this review! Bonair is one port that we haven't been to yet, and the snorkel pictures looked so beautiful! I think we will have to find a cruise going there very soon!

Edited by A Pisces

Gina and Beth.....appreciate your comments. We've known DeDe for a long time and were so surprised to see her on Vision. We had a nice reunion with her. We've sailed with Sanjay before and, like on your sailing, he was really busy. He sent us a bottle of wine, though.

Gina......Loved your dancing story!! That Centrum was always hoppin'. I never knew they were having contests!!

Shawn.....very jealous of your April 19th sailing and the repo. Will you have use of the Concierge Lounge. Betsy will be back on the 19th. Love her!!

I am so sorry they are not doing this itinerary from Panama any more. We would be there for a B2B2B for sure!!! Funny .....I used to look at those sailings from Colon and think.....who in the world would go to Colon for a cruise!!

• 1 month later...

Loved your review. We just booked the Vision for Jan. 2016 and got the BOGOHO sale. I have been stressing out over the choice of room. I now have JS 8086, I had changed to an aft facing D1 on Deck 7, but then read that noise from the lounge below is rather bad for aft roms on 7. So back to the JS on Deck 8 I went. Can you give me more insight on which room on Deck 8 would be the most quiet? I am a light sleeper and a good night's rest is important to me. The aft facing rooms are booked. There really isn't much info on the boards about these JS rooms on Deck 8. I opted for 8086 because it looked it may not have workout equipment over it. I so wish I could get input from someone who has stayed in 8086. Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Karon

Hey Karon!

8086 should be just fine. It is under the spa' date=' so there is no noise there. Too bad you didn't get 8088 with the fabulous balcony!! But no worries.....you got a good cabin!![/size']

I just booked a B2B on the Vision of The Seas! Thank you for posting this review. I actually read every post over the weekend.

Michael

Hey Karon!

8086 should be just fine. It is under the spa' date=' so there is no noise there. Too bad you didn't get 8088 with the fabulous balcony!! But no worries.....you got a good cabin!![/size']

It should be a GREAT cabin. Friends had 8088 in March and loved it. There was no noise at night a little during the day. It is under the Spa but I think it is under the shower area. The Spa closes early so no one would be up there. They also don't open too early in the morning. ;)

We were on the other side in 8588 and loved it! Hope you enjoy the ship . . . We sure did and would sail again in a minute! ! !

Edited by Tropicalgal2

• 4 weeks later...
Thank u for The review...I have a cabin question also. I'm in 8565, inside which is pretty close to urs. Do u think it will have the same noise above?

Unfortunately.....I think you may be in the noise zone. Not positive what it's like in the inside cabins, but I think you are under the solarium.

We just booked the Vision for two 5 nighters next month. Excited to be back on this ship. Looking forward to it. We got the corner aft on 8 for the first leg and then will have to move a couple of cabins away for the second leg. Can't wait.

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have followed your reviews thru the years. They get better and better. As I have just retired, your choices/excursions seem to meet my needs. Your photos, especially the toes/beach shots are like postcards. Photos and text are very good. thank you!