Port Everglades

Allhans Ondeck

Its our first time leaving from Ft Lauderdale, I'm a Captain club member but a few points away from Select. The cabin we're in is a Veranda A2 in a sweet location on the 9th floor hump. My question is do you think we will have a long wait in line to get on the ship? Last year in Miami, we were in a C1 and got a fast way to the ship and saw a long line that looked like the everyone else line. Hoping thats not me this year.

Just go to the shortest line. SUITE passengers can be handled at any desk.

OP is not in a suite!! There will be a line for AQ. Last year check-in took us about 5 minutes! We arrived around noon. May have waited a minute or two in line.

Its our first time leaving from Ft Lauderdale, I'm a Captain club member but a few points away from Select. The cabin we're in is a Veranda A2 in a sweet location on the 9th floor hump. My question is do you think we will have a long wait in line to get on the ship? Last year in Miami, we were in a C1 and got a fast way to the ship and saw a long line that looked like the everyone else line. Hoping thats not me this year.

The wait depends upon how early you arrive, customs, and the cleaning crew. With no problems, CC and Aqua board after the suites, back to back cruisers and I think Elite guests. Not sure about Elite. But usually you board before noon.

Enjoy your cruise

We've never found the lines at Port Everglades to be real long.

In any event, if there were long lines or a delay then I believe that AQ would have the same priority as CC cabins.

If you meant 2a (standard veranda) as opposed to A2 (Aqua Class) then you wouldn't have that priority but I've never found that to be a big difference in any event. I've been on quite a few cruises and would never pick one category over another based on their embarkation, or disembarkation, priority. I think that is an overstated perk that is not meaningful.

I think you'd only find a big difference if there was an unusual situation where boarding was delayed for a long period so that a majority of all passengers were queued up by the time they actually started boarding.

Edited by Lsimon

My wife and I were there by 10:15 and we were through line quickly. The only "problem" was that we all had to wait outside until they opened the doors to the terminal at 10:30. Once inside we were upstairs sitting and waiting to board by 10:45 or so.

Definitely one of the easiest embarkation processes I've experienced.

Thanks for the responses. Leaving on 3/16 on Silhoutte, we're in a Veranda. We are driving over from Southwest Florida, so I was planning on getting to the port around 10:30.

FYI, Most times the staff does not have the cabins prepped and ready till around 1:00 pm. Carry on a smaller easy to handle bag, that you are comfortable carrying as you explore the ship while waiting for your cabin to be ready.

Have a great cruise!

Isn't it true that Celebrity doesn't have access to the new larger building on Saturdays and Sundays as that is when it is used by Royal for the Oasis or the Allure? So if you were embarking on those days, using the smaller facility, the lines might appear longer.

Isn't it true that Celebrity doesn't have access to the new larger building on Saturdays and Sundays as that is when it is used by Royal for the Oasis or the Allure? So if you were embarking on those days, using the smaller facility, the lines might appear longer.

Depends on the weekend. Some of the S class ship itineraries are 11-14 days and if they are departing/arriving on different days it may not matter if the S class is still out to sea when one of the mega-ships docks.

Both my cruises left from the larger building.

I know that many people like to start their cruise as soon as is feasibly possible but I tend to arrive later to avoid the crush. My first cruise had no choice because I flew in the same day due to a college final exam I had to take. My last cruise I flew in the night before but had a leisurely breakfast, hit the nearby grocery for my carry on sodas, and headed to the pier around noon. No line and breezed right in in less than 20 minutes.

If I am irritated by being crushed in a cattle call of people all scrambling to board then I am NOT enjoying the start of my vacation. Later and more relaxed is fine with me.

Edited by Clydesmom7865