unpacking instead of packing for this weekend :(

cate54

We have to cancel our cruise for this weekend as my daughter was rushed to the er and a mass was discovered. This breaks my heart because we cruise to forget her other medical isses. I know we will fix her problems and cruise again, I am just sad that we won't be leaving this weekend and will have to wait until November. My question for you all is what happens to my future cruise money I applied to this trip? Do I lose this? Thanks for your input, and if you could remember my Ali in your prayers, it would be greatly appreciated.

We have to cancel our cruise for this weekend as my daughter was rushed to the er and a mass was discovered. This breaks my heart because we cruise to forget her other medical isses. I know we will fix her problems and cruise again, I am just sad that we won't be leaving this weekend and will have to wait until November. My question for you all is what happens to my future cruise money I applied to this trip? Do I lose this? Thanks for your input, and if you could remember my Ali in your prayers, it would be greatly appreciated.

Dear cate54,

What a horrible news. I will keep your Ali in my prayers and pray for strength in the coming days for you too. As far as I understand it, since your cruise would have started in a few days - you are in the non-refundable part of your payment. That would mean, unless you have insurance, that your future cruise credits will be considered void. If you did purchase insurance, they will be refunded into your account.

All the best,

cruise_bunnies

I am so sorry to hear about your daughter and hope that she will soon be well.

We had to cancel a cruise in February because of cancelled flights. We had HAL's CPP Platinum plan. Yes we lost our future deposit. Thus it can't be moved over to another cruise and no shipboard credit. Our TA told them that we would be booking a cruise right away and was hoping that HAL would move the deposit and shipboard credit over to the new cruise -- nope.

So very sorry to read of your daughter's illness and most certainly send all best wishes.

What a shame about your cruise. On top of worrying about your DD, it is so sad to have to miss your cruise.

As your daughter recovers, you can look forward to your next cruise. :)

Hopefully you have insurance and will recover some of the lost funds.

I'm sorry to read you won't be taking the cruise you looked forward to, and especially sorry to read the reason you're staying home.

Best wishes to you and your DD for the best of outcomes.

I am so sorry to hear you have to cancel and even sorrier for the reason. As others have said, if you purchased insurance you may get your money back; if not you now know for next time. ( That's how we learned, the hard way.)

Your daughter and your family will be in my prayers.

Thank you all for the info ,kind words and prayers. I did have ins with Hal so that was good, my TA took care of everything. I just got off the phone with JetBlue and they are giving both of us a 100 % credit on our airfares. We go to see her surgeon tomorrow to make a plan. Luckily we live in the Boston area and have the very best medical available to us. During our hospitalizations we will plan together our next cruise, it will bring us thru. God bless you all.