Have you ever been ready for your cruise to end?

Smokeyham

My worst cruise was in the Royal Suite. My best cruise (and longest) was in a porthole stateroom. I don't think cabin size is that much of a factor--unless you are talking about four people in a 150 s/f inside stateroom. That makes me shudder thinking about it.

I agree with this.

My only suite was the 12 day med cruise. I had a real bathtub not one of those dinky tubs, like the mini suites and HAL/Disney balconies have. My problem was not with the ship at all I was just tired on being on ship.

Whereas one of my favorite cruises was in an obstructed ocean view 5 day cruise that only went to Key west and Grand Cayman. Why? Several friends, other couples, went with us and we had our own table of 8 at dinner every night.

I agree with this.

My only suite was the 12 day med cruise. I had a real bathtub not one of those dinky tubs, like the mini suites and HAL/Disney balconies have. My problem was not with the ship at all I was just tired on being on ship.

Whereas one of my favorite cruises was in an obstructed ocean view 5 day cruise that only went to Key west and Grand Cayman. Why? Several friends, other couples, went with us and we had our own table of 8 at dinner every night.

Which is why even though I am not so happy about repeating ports in the Caribbean, if we have friends going with us, I know we will make our own fun and I will not be bored. The only other reason I do repeat ports in the Caribbean is for my daughter who loves cruising but is limited as to to when she can go because she teaches. Of course the same principle applies, we make our own fun with her, plus she is so happy I can't help but be happy.

We've taken various cruises and other vacations from 3 days to 8 weeks. I guess because we know before hand when we will be returning home, a day or two before returning, I'm always anxious for the vacation to be over and to return home, whether it be a 3 or 4 day trip, on the last day I'm ready to go home or an 8 week trip and on that last day, I look forward to going home. It's always nice to go away, but it's always NICER to go home. As Dorothy said...."There's no place like home!"

Edited by marco

Once. My last cruise on the Emerald Princess. Food was served cold every night, bathroom overflowed into the cabin, and was with family (sisters) that were more intent on trying to kill each other than have a good time. Have decided I am better off with my DH and will keep it that way..

• Thanks 1

I haven't been ready to be off a ship yet, but on our last cruise my poor daughter ended up with a double ear infection part way through. The movement was killing her and she could not wait for the cruise to end.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Only once. We did a 5 day on the HAL Ryndam over Christmas a few years ago. That ship was too small for us. The only fun thing was nightly pub trivia with two great groups of people we met. We looked forward to that every night. I know we're not the HAL demographic, but we've always enjoyed our HAL cruises. Until this one. The ports were good and we had fun when we were off the ship, and the food was good, but otherwise I was so terribly bored I couldn't wait to get back home. Never thought I'd feel that way on a cruise!

NEVER!!! I have done as many as 35 consecutive days onboard, with as many as 8 sea days in a row, and would have always been happy if I could just stay onboard and keep on cruising indefinitely! LOL

• Thanks 1

12 nt. South America cruise, ports were disappointing.

I don't think I would like the ports either in that part of the world---although S.A. appears to be extremely popular now. Just not for me!

I've been glad for cruises to end when we've encountered too much bad/cold weather.

We had another cruise that we were glad in one way to leave, and wishing we could stay aboard, in another way :D We were surrounded by the obnoxious family and extended family from h*ll, who were convinced that everything and everyone existed only to serve their needs. Out of control shrieking tantrumming kids, wailing babies being walked in the hallway in the middle of the night, tantrumming adults, drunks pounding on our cabin door at 2 am..... we needed a cruise to recover from that cruise. Ship staff seemed incapable of getting that group undre control.

Only once out of (I think…lost count) 25 cruises did we want off a ship prior to the last day. Fortunately it was only a 4 night cruise on Carnival Ecstacy out of Long Beach, when they were still on the west coast.

That ship was nasty to us. Smelled like a dirty ashtray, decor was hideous but in a funny sort of way, we felt like we'd landed in Austin Powers Land. Cabin was awful, next door to a chain smoker and it was an ocean view, the smoke permeated the walls. Service in both dining room and cabin was rude and slow. The food was fine, that was the one redeeming value.

It was only our third cruise, if it had been our first it would have been our last. Over the years (this was back in probably 1999/2000) we've looked at other Carnival cruises for consideration but we always choose to sail other lines.

I remember wanting to run down the gangway when we got home. The night prior to the cruise we'd stayed at the Queen Mary Hotel and we all wished we had just spent the 5 nights there.

Oh well, some people love that ship :p

• Like 1

My first cruise with my family when I was 12 or 13. It was on Carnival Mexican Riveria itin. The water was so rough on the way back up I got so seasick I could not wait to get off the ship. If I remember correctly it was about 2 sea days and very rough all the way home. I remember we had a table in the dining room in an area that was kind of raised. I had a good view straight out to the windows and I could see the horizon going up and down, and the water in my glass doing the same. Just felt so nauseated.

Last time, we had a blast on the cruise, but after went to New Orleans for 4 days before going home. After the first night we were already ready to head home. We did not care for the food there at all. Most of it was very overpriced for what it was and didn't taste very good for being high in fat and deep fried. How is that even possible? The people there are really nice though.