Cheers Program ?

sailinglisa

How much exactly will the Cheers program cost for one person on a 6 night cruise? Trying to decide how much OBC I should send myself to cover this. Thanks!

Are you the only person 21 or older in your cabin?

Depending on how much you drink you might want to consider ordering a Liter of booze from the bon voyage department. A liter of Vodka will run you $65. Take into consideration your days in port, it will be hard to get your monies worth on those days.

Depending on how much you drink you might want to consider ordering a Liter of booze from the bon voyage department. A liter of Vodka will run you $65. Take into consideration your days in port, it will be hard to get your monies worth on those days.

Been to the ports many times before and have no plans of getting off the ship. Been there and done that many times before. Plan on enjoying the ship on port days. I know I WILL get my monies worth out of the Cheers program....not a drunk, but 6 drinks/day with tips, equals the daily price of the Cheers program. Those drinks, spread out over 17 hours per day and being consumed with food - and I can order virgin drinks with the program.

BTW - that liter of vodka is four times the price I pay at home and I refuse to pay that inflated price on my cruise just to have a bottle in my room.

Can you buy it on the 2nd day?

Seems like kind of a waste for the first day....

I thought I heard you can, but when I look in Carnival's FAQ's, it doesn't say:confused::confused:

Thank you!!!!:D

Been to the ports many times before and have no plans of getting off the ship. Been there and done that many times before. Plan on enjoying the ship on port days. I know I WILL get my monies worth out of the Cheers program....not a drunk, but 6 drinks/day with tips, equals the daily price of the Cheers program. Those drinks, spread out over 17 hours per day and being consumed with food - and I can order virgin drinks with the program.

BTW - that liter of vodka is four times the price I pay at home and I refuse to pay that inflated price on my cruise just to have a bottle in my room.

I agree with you completely! I realize Carnival is in business to make money but 65 dollars for one liter of marginal vodka is highway robbery. They are well within their rights to offer at whatever price they want, but they have priced themselves out of my willingness to pay for it. If it was 30 per bottle they would have me buying some bon voyage. For you cheers sounds like the way to go. Six of the classic drinks will break you even with cheers and any more is icing on the cake!

I sailed solo on the Breeze 2/1 for 8-nights and made the same choice. I didn't get off in any port and figured I could drink my money back. I had 67 drinks over the course of the cruise; the most I did in one day was 13 (twice). It was nice to have the flexibility of ordering as many drinks as I wanted. So I made it worth while, but it took effort, so I won't do it again. I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks everyone for your comments. I am going to do it....and the 6 drinks per day on my vacation is the minimum (add 1 or 2 per day depending on the day). I will get nowhere near the 15 drinks per day limit, but when my typical bar bill on 6 - 8 day cruise is over $500, the Cheers program sounds like a deal to me

Can you buy it on the 2nd day?

Seems like kind of a waste for the first day....

I thought I heard you can, but when I look in Carnival's FAQ's, it doesn't say:confused::confused:

Thank you!!!!:D

I drank so much on the first day I got my monies worth for the whole week ;)

I drank so much on the first day I got my monies worth for the whole week ;)

:eek::eek: LOL!!!! We usually have quite a few, as well. However, I would hate to think we'd hit 15 on day one.

My poor liver........:D:D

I'll more likely get it for myself (and definitely the wife).

I'm just curious if it covers the drink of the day since it's in a different cup

We usually drink nothing but the dod

My husband can't drink for health reasons so I'm the only one in the cabin ordering drinks. I want to try the package so I can try any drink I want without being afraid I won't love it, but I can't drink enough for the two of us. I thought about booking separate rooms since they aren't charging for the single supplement, but my husband thinks I'm crazy. Anyone else book two rooms so one can buy only one drink package?:rolleyes: I don't understand why they won't make exceptions with doctor's notes.

Ok, so I'm a first time cruiser...I read this thread and it sounds like I'd have to buy 2 drink packages since I'm traveling with my husband??? He doesn't drink (long story!) but I drink enough to make it worth buying one package for myself.

Also, I am booked in one room with my 5 year old and my husband is booked in the adjoining room with our 10 year old. Does that mean I can buy just one package?

Ok, so I'm a first time cruiser...I read this thread and it sounds like I'd have to buy 2 drink packages since I'm traveling with my husband??? He doesn't drink (long story!) but I drink enough to make it worth buying one package for myself.

Also, I am booked in one room with my 5 year old and my husband is booked in the adjoining room with our 10 year old. Does that mean I can buy just one package?

Yes.

No, you don't.

According to numerous posters out here on CC you can buy Cheers on 2nd day and will only pay for the number of days remaining on the cruise, for example on a 7 day cruise if you purchase on 2nd day you will pay for six days of Cheers not seven. If you have any info to substantiate your claim, please post, thanks.

According to numerous posters out here on CC you can buy Cheers on 2nd day and will only pay for the number of days remaining on the cruise, for example on a 7 day cruise if you purchase on 2nd day you will pay for six days of Cheers not seven. If you have any info to substantiate your claim, please post, thanks.

Well, I spoke to the person selling it on board the Pride when I bought it a month ago for the 2/9 sailing. To wit:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/?faq=beverage

· Guests must purchase the program for the entire cruise - this program is not offered on a per day basis

All the drinks you purchase on the first day are automatically put onto the program if you buy it on the second day, up to fifteen.

According to numerous posters here on CC the lack of a steel drum band on the Lido deck has forever ruined their cruise experience. People will post what they believe.

Well, I spoke to the person selling it on board the Pride when I bought it a month ago for the 2/9 sailing. To wit:

http://www.carnival.com/cms/faq/?faq=beverage

· Guests must purchase the program for the entire cruise - this program is not offered on a per day basis

All the drinks you purchase on the first day are automatically put onto the program if you buy it on the second day, up to fifteen.

Not true. We bought our drinks in February on Miracle the first day, and bought Cheers on the second day. We paid for six days of Cheers on a seven-day cruise. The drinks from the first day were not grandfathered into Cheers. Why would they do that? They would lose money for the first day's drinks. Oh yeah, it was worth it!

Not true. We bought our drinks in February on Miracle the first day, and bought Cheers on the second day. We paid for six days of Cheers on a seven-day cruise. The drinks from the first day were not grandfathered into Cheers. Why would they do that? They would lose money for the first day's drinks. Oh yeah, it was worth it!

Thanks for the info Laurie as I didn't want to give the OP incorrect info. I had read on CC many times that cheers could be purchased on first or second day, and if on second day it was one day less of cost.