Carnival Called.....

smax

My wife and I have been on 2 Carnival cruises in 2008 and 2009, and we intended to go on at least one a year until life got in the way lol. Well here it is 5 years later and we've decided to get our cruise on again. Yesterday we got an offer in the mail from Carnival for a one time platinum upgrade and on board credit if we book a cruise this month. This sounded good because we actually intended to book this month anyway.

Last night I logged onto their website and did a mock booking to get an idea what we are looking at. I didn't go through with it though because we were going to look it all over this weekend together. Well this morning I got a call from 305-599-2600 saying they were with Carnival and they wanted to go over some specials offers they have and help plan our next vacation. I didn't give them any info and I asked them to call back later. I did a reverse number look up and it shows this number is associated with Carnival.

Has anyone ever had Carnival call from this number or really I guess any number when you don't even have a current booking with them? When they call back should I deal with them or just call 888 number on the website?

It was a PVP making a sales call. they won't offer you anything that's not on the website, and they're great at pressuring you, and calling every single time you log into the website.

someone at carnival screwed up big with this lousy idea to harass people just looking on the website. i never log in, i only use a TA and the daily calls get obnoxious.

I am always checking prices on their website and I have never gotten a call from them.

Laura

If you are frequently checking prices it won't trigger the PVP alert. If its been awhile they'll be all over you! :lol

Next cruise: Carnival Breeze June 2014

EVERYTIME I would browse around on the website (while logged in) before I actually booked, I could always expect a call from Carnival the next day. I think they get leads from when you log in and browse around, but do not buy. :rolleyes:

I'm not sure how it happened because in August before our cruise I made sure everything about our accounts was correct (address, phone numbers, etc.,) so there would be no hang ups with us getting on board ... and it was.

When I was looking to book & pricing different cabins for DH & I's little getaway in November, apparently my daughter started getting a bunch of calls from 1-305 asking for me. She didn't tell me about them for a couple of weeks, and when she did it was right in the middle of the free cruise craziness -- I almost had a heart attack! Of course she never answered the strange number, and only listened to the voice mail as far as "Hi, Christy! ...." before deleting.

After leaving a message for our PVP, I looked up our VIFP numbers and nada. But somehow my DD's number was listed under my name. :confused:

She's fired. Lol

Sent from my Commadore 64 using the Cruise Critic forum app

Ah, but are you logged in with your VIFP #? I check all the time and don't get calls unless I actually put in my VIFP # in the mock booking. Then my PVP usually calls me.

Yes, happened just the other day. NCL does similar.

My wife and I have been on 2 Carnival cruises in 2008 and 2009, and we intended to go on at least one a year until life got in the way lol. Well here it is 5 years later and we've decided to get our cruise on again. Yesterday we got an offer in the mail from Carnival for a one time platinum upgrade and on board credit if we book a cruise this month. This sounded good because we actually intended to book this month anyway.

Last night I logged onto their website and did a mock booking to get an idea what we are looking at. I didn't go through with it though because we were going to look it all over this weekend together. Well this morning I got a call from 305-599-2600 saying they were with Carnival and they wanted to go over some specials offers they have and help plan our next vacation. I didn't give them any info and I asked them to call back later. I did a reverse number look up and it shows this number is associated with Carnival.

Has anyone ever had Carnival call from this number or really I guess any number when you don't even have a current booking with them? When they call back should I deal with them or just call 888 number on the website?

"Logging onto their website" is what generated the call from Carnival to you. They keep track of who is "looking" and frequently follow up with a call to "book" you. This call is coming from the Carnival call center in Florida. If you don't want to be called, simply do not "log On" when visiting the website, just do a mock booking and you won't be called.

You're far more likely to be scammed by someone using a toll free number than a good old fashioned landline phone number.

I can still remember the good old daze when phone numbers were verbalized as Tuxedo 8-6956.

And ours was Vermont 7-9301.