Silhouette Restaurants -Upcharges or Not

Colorado Buffalo

On Silhouette, specialty restaurants are expensive. Murano and Qsine are $45pp. Tuscan is $35pp. Lawnclub is $45 pp. The only inexpensive restaurants are the Porch $5pp and Bistro on 5 is $5pp. Even the room service menu has items that cost extra. Aqua Spa has a few items like Yogurt Pafait which cost $5. The frozen yogurt is free. Specialty Coffee Bar charges for coffee/tea...pastry is free. Galeteria sells gelato. You can avoid all of these extra charges. Eat in the Main Dining Room. Food is excellent. OceanView Cafe is a free buffet. Lots of good choices. Pool Grill has burgers, hotdogs, fries, and soft ice cream.. Wine Bar serves free cheese and snacks. Wine is extra. Free coffee in the Hideaway. Some items on the room service menu are still free. Specialty restaurants are nice. Are they worth paying extra? Perhaps. I have eaten at all of them on various cruises. For me, they are not worth an extra charge. If you have OBC, you might spend it on them. MDR is excellent. On my last 2 cruises, I did not do specialty dining. Both cruises were 2 weekers.

Is there a full list showing which ones are inclusive of cruise fare

and those that are not.

I'm looking for all of them please. I know some get expensive with

$40.00 charges but then a few might be $5.00.

From the Celebrity website:

http://www.celebritycruises.com/planAndBook/tabLanding.do?pagename=onboard_dining#onboard_specialty_dining_tab/onboard/asrPanel.do?pagename=onboard_specialty_dining&cid=emx_cel_oth_wbtrns_1305_pcp_em_all_9126

Just off Silhouette and those extra charge places were half or mostly empty during the week. There was someone outside the buffet every day trying to get you to make a reservation.

On the first sea day, there was a Taste of Celebrity display for all the specialty restaurants. We chatted with the Murano rep and when we declined the reservation, he offered a 20% discount.

The last sea day they were offering 30% off for Qsine and one other. I think these extra charge places are not going to be the money makers as planned.

Sue

I didn't know the wine bar had snacks! You mean Cellar Masters? What times did they have cheese, etc?

The only time I've seen any kind of snacks in Cellar Masters is when they have one of their wine tastings or flights. I've not seen anything other than a chex mix kind of thing in little bottles, and even then, I've not seen that very often.

Just off Silhouette and those extra charge places were half or mostly empty during the week. There was someone outside the buffet every day trying to get you to make a reservation.

On the first sea day, there was a Taste of Celebrity display for all the specialty restaurants. We chatted with the Murano rep and when we declined the reservation, he offered a 20% discount.

The last sea day they were offering 30% off for Qsine and one other. I think these extra charge places are not going to be the money makers as planned.

Sue

We too just got off the Silhouette and had a 20% off the $40 pp charge for the Lawn Grill. Also, once during the week they offered the same menu for lunch at a charge of $25 per person. Considering the quality and amount of food available, it really is worth it. The Porch, $5 pp, is another not to miss place to eat.