Bow ocean view cabin?

Bery

We booked months ago for the May, 2014 Summit to Bermuda. A close friend is now interested in joining us and is finding mostly elevator adjacent and far forward cabin locations. He is single and wants either o/v or balcony. We have no experience with far forward or elevator cabins. Any info appreciated.

I don't have experience on Celebrity with bow cabins but I do on Royal Caribbean. Our cabin was as far forward as you could get (it was an inside, not sure if that makes a difference)

I could feel A LOT of motion in the bow cabin. I am sensitive to motion so I would never book a bow cabin again. I was in college, on spring break, and wanted the cheapest possible cabin ;) However, we were not in the cabin much on that cruise.

If your friends are sensitive to motion, I would advise not booking bow. Just my two cents ;)

We booked months ago for the May, 2014 Summit to Bermuda. A close friend is now interested in joining us and is finding mostly elevator adjacent and far forward cabin locations. He is single and wants either o/v or balcony. We have no experience with far forward or elevator cabins. Any info appreciated.
There are some extra large o/v cabins up at the front of the ship, but the drawback is that in rough seas you feel the motion (the pitch, bouncing up and down) the most being that far forward.

There are some people who love those cabins and are not bothered by the motion at all, while those who tend to get queasy on ships prefer having a cabin that is further back.

Thank you for the info. I wonder if the deck level makes difference. Some say lower decks have less motion?

Yes, lower will help with the rolling (side to side movement). But (maybe someone else can better answer this) as far as the up/down motion, I don't think the deck level makes a difference?

I will say, this was an older RC ship, I have since been on newer ships and they handle the seas MUCH better than the old Carnival/RC ships I have been on (Majesty of the Seas and Sensation).

Just had cabin 7003 on Constellation this Feb. All the way forward, huge porthole facing forward and extra large room. Did not notice any more motion in cabin than rest of ship. Loved it!

Thank you for the info. I wonder if the deck level makes difference. Some say lower decks have less motion?

If you are concerned with motion look for a cabin as close to the middle of the ship as possible to minimize the pitching and as low as possible to minimize the rolling plus these cabins avoid much of the noise by being away from the back and forward sections of the ship (propellers, engine exhaust pipes, thrusters, anchor, fore & aft mooring stations with their heavy rope winches). On the Celebrity Solstice class ships the middle of the ship on deck 7 has the best of both worlds as far as noise & motion is concerned. Deck 7 is the lowest deck where you are noise isolated by having cabins above & below & you.

One thing to watch for is cabins on the highest & most expensive decks that are located right underneath the pool deck as you will experience a fair amount of noise each morning, say 5:00am or so, the crew begins un-stacking all of the chairs and moving/dragging everything back into place.

Just had cabin 7003 on Constellation this Feb. All the way forward, huge porthole facing forward and extra large room. Did not notice any more motion in cabin than rest of ship. Loved it!

Had 7002 on Summit. Awesome cabin.

We are in 7003 on the Millennium for our next cruise. Looking forward to the roominess- it's our first time w/o a veranda but I think the size of this cabin will compensate for that!

We've had cabins adjacent to the elevator and had no problem with noise - never even heard the elevator and rarely heard people talking. I'm sensitive to motion but the only time I feel queasy is in forward cabins. I'm never affected by aft cabins for some reason

We are in 7003 on the Millennium for our next cruise. Looking forward to the roominess- it's our first time w/o a veranda but I think the size of this cabin will compensate for that!

Hi T,

We were in cabin 7003 on the Infinity -- largest cabin we've cruised in. Loved the location and the extra space. Only two cabins at the end of the hall -- very quiet, except when they lower the anchor/or dock.

Here was my review of the cabin:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1874168&highlight=front+facing+cabin+infinity

Enjoy!

Kel:)

Just to add a little here...

As a veteran of 6 trips to Bermuda in the early (April/May) season, the Atlantic can be quite active this time of year. Although we have had pretty calm sailings, we have also had 30+ foot seas non-stop for 30+ hours. On that trip we were in an outside, mid-ship on Deck 8. Had we been in a far forward cabin that time, you would have found us camping out by the Purser, low and mid-ship, not in the cabin!

YMMV