Equinox-Aqua Class and overhangs

chaucer642

Getting ready to book for the Oct 2 cruise to the Eastern Mediterranean.

I have two questions:

1. Are there any Aqua Class cabins without an overhang?

2. Is it better to have the bed near the bath or the balcony? My friend and I are very concerned about adequate room and storage. I don't know if the bed placement makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Getting ready to book for the Oct 2 cruise to the Eastern Mediterranean.

I have two questions:

1. Are there any Aqua Class cabins without an overhang?

2. Is it better to have the bed near the bath or the balcony? My friend and I are very concerned about adequate room and storage. I don't know if the bed placement makes any difference.

Thanks in advance for your advice.

Yes, the A2 cabins towards the front and the back do not have an overhang like the ones in the middle (A1). If you are staying in one towards the front just watch being under the gym. We had 1546 recently on Equinox and it was very quiet.

The bed placement doesn't effect storage. Some people say its easier though with the bed near the balcony so it doesn't block the closet. Personally though its never bothered us and we generally pick a cabin with the bed near the bathroom.

Edited by prim8keeper

Had AQ 1 on Equinox May 2012/Med Cruise...had bed by BR.....never again...

hard to get into closet/esp with twin beds/...the storage in those cabins, esp with two women who travel LIGHT, was awful/ bin over bed and then crowded by closet/ few drawers and no real nightstands/ saw cabins with bed by balcony and MUCH better if you insist on AQ...

gave up a CC for that "upgrade".......big mistake....BLU way over rated...

Barb

Had AQ 1 on Equinox May 2012/Med Cruise...had bed by BR.....never again...

hard to get into closet/esp with twin beds/...the storage in those cabins, esp with two women who travel LIGHT, was awful/ bin over bed and then crowded by closet/ few drawers and no real nightstands/ saw cabins with bed by balcony and MUCH better if you insist on AQ...

gave up a CC for that "upgrade".......big mistake....BLU way over rated...

Barb

Thanks for the reply. I gather you didn't think AQ was worth it. But there's no difference in the size of the rooms is there?

BTW... did you like the cruise or was the storage situation so bad that you wouldn't book with Celebrity again?

There is no difference in the cabin size. With twin beds the cabin may fell a bit smaller due to the space between the beds.

We prefer the bed by the bath. In either arrangement the vanity is across from the couch. With the bed by the bath I can be doing my can hair & makeup away

from where DH is going in & out of bath & dressing.

Spent 25 nights on the Equinox and found the storage to be adequate. There is quite a bit of storage in the bath, so keep socks, undies, etc in there as drawer space is limited.

On solstice ships, book an a2... Not an a1. The cabins are a bit tight irrespective of where the bed is...but the storage is identical. Some prefer bed by window, some, including us, prefer the bed by the bathroom. It's really personal preference and we've had both. Fact is it really won't effect your cruise a bit...worry about what's above your cabin...avoid being under the gym or pool deck.

The cabins that begin with 1501 and ending at approx 1545 will have a very tiny overhang. We had 1521 last year and it was a great location you look straight down to the water, not at lifeboats beneath you. I didn't care for the small overhang since I do like a lot of shade. However, the cabin remained bright and sunny throughout the day, which was nice:)

The large overhang that our friends had in the A1 section was very nice, especially when it was raining for our sail away

Blu was phenomenal, by the way