Embarkation pier 2 port everglades

bigguy6

We are sailing next week from Pier 2. This will be our second cruise as Platinum. Our first Platinum cruise 2 years ago was a breeze at embarkation. We were directed to a Platinum/elite lounge that had maybe 150 people in it and were lead to check in as soon as check in began. Now however I gather there can tend to be many more Platinum/elite passengers, maybe as many as a 1000+. What should we expect this time if there are a large number of Platinum/Elites? Also I know if you arrive at the dock in the 10:30 to 11:30 time frame there is usually a big line of early arrivals. If we wanted to avoid this initial zoo what time does the line clear off. 12:30, 1:00, 1:30? Thanks for any input.

We are sailing next week from Pier 2. This will be our second cruise as Platinum. Our first Platinum cruise 2 years ago was a breeze at embarkation. We were directed to a Platinum/elite lounge that had maybe 150 people in it and were lead to check in as soon as check in began. Now however I gather there can tend to be many more Platinum/elite passengers, maybe as many as a 1000+. What should we expect this time if there are a large number of Platinum/Elites? Also I know if you arrive at the dock in the 10:30 to 11:30 time frame there is usually a big line of early arrivals. If we wanted to avoid this initial zoo what time does the line clear off. 12:30, 1:00, 1:30? Thanks for any input.

After 1:30pm, should be better.

We prefer to arrive around 10:30, and get a little head start on the initial push.

For my last two cruises out of Pier 2, I noticed that they separated the elites/suites from the platinums. The groups were seated in two separate areas. They called the elite/suite group first and the platinums after. It went quickly and there wasn't much of a delay.

I do think that these changes are due to the growing numbers of elites and platinums. San Pedro is using the same separate waiting areas and calling order to board, also.

We'll be there bright and early tomorrow. In December, there was a separate waiting area for Platinum/Elite/Suite passengers. We did not get to bypass the line getting into the terminal.

You will this time. You just go to front of line where you show your preferred status. In December you were at pier 4; different. Pier 2 is easier. BTW, they are in the process of redoing #4; should be ready some time end of year or early next year.

For my last two cruises out of Pier 2, I noticed that they separated the elites/suites from the platinums. The groups were seated in two separate areas. They called the elite/suite group first and the platinums after. It went quickly and there wasn't much of a delay.

I do think that these changes are due to the growing numbers of elites and platinums. San Pedro is using the same separate waiting areas and calling order to board, also.

Same here. There was a priority line for security and another for check in. There were so many platinum/elite/suites that they took elite and suites first. Platinum joined the regular check in line. I was only ruby, non suite and next to a platinum couple that was not happy. We reached the checkin line at approx 12:30 were on board a little after one.

Doors opened at 11:30. It was packed. Recommend arriving after 1 if possible.

I was on the 3/10/14 Ruby cruise and got to terminal 2 at 10:30 and in less than

2 min. I was in the platinum/elite lounge where i waited an hour before we boarded. In all there were less than 30 people there. I guess I was lucky.