Must "Do's" on the Glory

mobydog

We are departing on the Glory on Sunday...for those of you who have cruised it before...what are you favorite foods, shows, activities, quiet zones, special treats that you loved about this ship that may not be common knowledge..

Have lots of Guys Burgers.

Don't go to the shows (they are LAME).

Comedians may be good, but line up early if you want a seat.

Love Serenity.

Glory had some of the best crew I have encountered.

Don't be shocked when you don't see tablecloths except for elegant night.

I haven't had a chance to experience the new menus yet, but can't wait until May!

I went to one and it was excruciating to sit through. If Bingo wouldn't had been next, I would have left.

In order to get picked, you have to jump up and down and basically act a fool to get the CD's attention. Then if you answer the trivia question right, you go up on stage. The games just take too long and I hated it. But there are some people of course that think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Your kid may like it but it just wasn't for me. And I too was excited when I first heard about it. Now you couldn't pay me to sit through another one.

I went to one and it was excruciating to sit through. If Bingo wouldn't had been next, I would have left.

In order to get picked, you have to jump up and down and basically act a fool to get the CD's attention. Then if you answer the trivia question right, you go up on stage. The games just take too long and I hated it. But there are some people of course that think it's the greatest thing since sliced bread. Your kid may like it but it just wasn't for me. And I too was excited when I first heard about it. Now you couldn't pay me to sit through another one.

Lol. I am sure I will feel exactly like you. The nine year old on the other hand will be the crazy person trying to get picked!:rolleyes:

Have lots of Guys Burgers.

Don't go to the shows (they are LAME).

Comedians may be good, but line up early if you want a seat.

Love Serenity.

Glory had some of the best crew I have encountered.

Don't be shocked when you don't see tablecloths except for elegant night.

I haven't had a chance to experience the new menus yet, but can't wait until May!

This was pretty much my experience.

Love the Guy's Burgers, I also love the Blue Iguana Cantina. The pork tacos were my favourite. There is also a fish and chip place. You have to go up the stairs near the dessert station of the buffet.

I didn't do Serenity, the aft pool was quiet enough for me but since you mentioned your 9 year old, I guess both aren't an option. Unless he goes to Circle C.

I didn't do the shows, went to one comedian who was hilarious (but it was hard to get a seat).

I wasn't overly fond of the new menus but I have to say most of the apps and desserts were good. I didn't mind the no tableclothes.

I went to go to the Hasbro show but we were too late one night and missed it another day.

I did a review (its a few pages back now) if you are interested.

Edited by 1kaper

1Kaper...I had previously read your review and it was great! When we sailed the Liberty, I would drop my little one off at the Kids Club and head to the Serenity Lounge for a little quiet time. It was my slice of heaven :)

One of my favorite things is to get a Guy's Burger and fries, or anything you want. Go to the back of the boat by the adults only pool there are tables there. Very peaceful looking out over the ships wake and eating lunch. Usually not to crowded there either.

Get there early for the comedy shows if you want a seat. Depends on the comedian as to if the show is good or not. Have seen good ones and bad.

The piano bar is a good place to hang out for awhile. Usually a pretty fun crowd there too.

Edited by bm6pm5

I'll be sailing on her two weeks from Sunday! Please DO keep them coming!

Op, I'd like to know which night the Welcome Back Party is on this cruise too.

And, who is the piano player/entertainer right now?

I'll be sailing on her two weeks from Sunday! Please DO keep them coming!

Op, I'd like to know which night the Welcome Back Party is on this cruise too.

And, who is the piano player/entertainer right now?

Ours was on the 5th day, after San Juan (Eastern cruise) around 4:30pm. Got the invite the night before I believe.

We checked out the piano bar but didn't get a name, sorry.

For those others reading, I mentioned it in passing but the aft pool was a nice relaxing atmosphere. I love Serenity but I wasn't allowed to do hot tubs and I like being near the pool. I found the aft pool great. And chair hogging wasn't too bad.

ETA- Thanks Mobydog, it was fun to do. I love reading them so figured why not.

Edited by 1kaper

Keep them coming, I have almost 300 days to plan for this!

Anyone know if the buffets and places like Guys are open all day? On RCCL last year they closed the buffet around 330 every day. Of course that is right when we would get back on the ship hungry and ready to eat. We always have late dining so a sandwich ( or a Guys Burger) would be so good about then.

We’ve sailed on the Glory twice. It’s a beautiful ship with a friendly crew and lots of comfortable spots for relaxing, reading or hanging out. Have to agree with Guy’s Burgers, Blue Iguana Cantina and Fish and Chips as favorite spots for lunch. We loved the sea day brunch, though the service last year was a bit slow so we only went once. Welcome back party was great with the best food and drinks of any we’ve attended. We always enjoy trivia and love the comedy shows. Agree that they get very crowded, but some of the comedians were hilarious. Enjoy the Glory and have a wonderful cruise!

Keep them coming, I have almost 300 days to plan for this!

Anyone know if the buffets and places like Guys are open all day? On RCCL last year they closed the buffet around 330 every day. Of course that is right when we would get back on the ship hungry and ready to eat. We always have late dining so a sandwich ( or a Guys Burger) would be so good about then.

The buffet does have some down time between lunch and dinner. Guys Burgers are open until 6 PM.

The Breakfast burritos at the cantina are great... Alot better then standing in the omelet line... Never a line there and the burritos are tasty.. You get your choice of what you want in the burrito...

Do you know if they deep fry? Like chimichangas? I can't eat flour shells, and corn shells just aren't that good unless they are deep fried, or smothered in a cheesy sauce. :D Healthy I know.....