3 to a Room on Island Princess questions or possibly pics?

strega7

We are on Island Princess in July to Alaska. Our 14 y/o son will be traveling with us. We are booked in a balcony cabin on Caribe deck in a category B2. It is supposed to accommodate 3 people, but I was curious if anybody had pics of the sleeping set up with 3 people. The only option it gave us for our bed config was twin beds, so I was somewhat concerned that my husband and I's bed couldn't be put together, and I was curious to see how DS bed would fit into the space.

I am sure that eventually someone familiar with your ship will answer you, but since no one has so far, I will tell you that on the two ships I have sailed, the third bed came down from the ceiling, or folded out from the wall. The room steward normally lowers them while you are out for the evening, and puts them back up while you are at breakfast, or out for the day.

Karen

As mentioned they don't want the lower beds put together if the pull down is used, but your room steward will probably do it for you. Our son was with us for many cruise in his tween and teen years and loved the pull down until he became too big.

Click on the attachment, this pic is for four people in a room.
FYI, balcony cabins have a different 3rd bunk layout. The beds will be from the wall, not under a window, and the 3rd bed will come down from the ceiling, not the wall.

Thank you for all of the responses. Looks like we are going to be a really close family for the week. We won't mind, but the teenager might feel a little differently hehehe. Should be fine no matter what, I was just curious to know what we signed up for.